• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A very rare Patek, is it gen or rep?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Thank you. The reason I was asking because I don't think eBay allows a rep on their site. I contacted eBay and they said if it's not gen, I will get my money back.

After you get your money back, you should really learn a bit more about watches and reps before spending any more money, you are lucky this happened on eBay ...
Just picture yourself with a very good bartering guy in a flea market, rushing you to accept this deal with maybe a partner in crime saying he'll buy it before you because it's the deal of the year, someone knowing a little bit about reps will not fall for it, but if you fall, there's no refund there.

Also with this topic, pay attention to any PM you might receive offering you good deal from almost 0 posts members, you've just made yourself a target here

Reactions: joannestiers

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
....good deal from almost 0 posts members, you've just made yourself a target here

I can think of a few guys with thousands of posts that might be offering him 'frankens' with drilled lungs, atheya tubes and pixie dust aged lume too!

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Looking at the last pics posted by OP, it is so thick that someone might get knocked out unconscious if hit by this brick.

Reactions: farmersinsurance

joannestiers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/20
After you get your money back, you should really learn a bit more about watches and reps before spending any more money, you are lucky this happened on eBay ...
Just picture yourself with a very good bartering guy in a flea market, rushing you to accept this deal with maybe a partner in crime saying he'll buy it before you because it's the deal of the year, someone knowing a little bit about reps will not fall for it, but if you fall, there's no refund there.

Also with this topic, pay attention to any PM you might receive offering you good deal from almost 0 posts members, you've just made yourself a target here

Thank you. If it's not on eBay, there's no way I would place a bid. But it's on eBay, and eBay customer service confirmed the coverage with me, that's why I placed the bid.

Reactions: Glaude

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
If something is too good to be true it usually is. The cheapest Patek is circa 20k, a real Sky Moon (what that traversty is supposed to be) is a half million IF you can find one.
Seriously mate you need to do a lot of reading and learn a lot more before you bid on any damn thing anywhere ever again. A Patek is a hand made work of art, that "thing" is to a Patek as a rolled over Trabant is to a Maybach or a Bentley. DId you not notice the bubbling of the pot metal under the crappy gold plate?

BTW, eBay is probably the worst place to buy a watch, 60% or so of the name brand watches on there are fake and most are far better fakes than that $40 POS. Good luck getting your money back, I hope you do.

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Im really impressed by the restraint shown by members in this thread. I typically don't pile on but I'm fighting the urge really hard. I think it's because this is one of the greatest NO!!!!!! we have ever seen on this forum in 14.5 years! And the fact that money was sent.

Reactions: tripdog

joannestiers

4/5/20
If something is too good to be true it usually is. The cheapest Patek is circa 20k, a real Sky Moon (what that traversty is supposed to be) is a half million IF you can find one.
Seriously mate you need to do a lot of reading and learn a lot more before you bid on any damn thing anywhere ever again. A Patek is a hand made work of art, that "thing" is to a Patek as a rolled over Trabant is to a Maybach or a Bentley. DId you not notice the bubbling of the pot metal under the crappy gold plate?

BTW, eBay is probably the worst place to buy a watch, 60% or so of the name brand watches on there are fake and most are far better fakes than that $40 POS. Good luck getting your money back, I hope you do.

Thank you. I did not paid for the item, I just want to find some advises here first. Also contact the seller and cancel the order and he agreed.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Thank you. I did not paid for the item, I just want to find some advises here first. Also contact the seller and cancel the order and he agreed.

Did you report it to eBay?

TonySoprano1

12/6/13
I heard the Stern family commissioned one of only one of this reference.

Congrats man.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
You're clearly the only person that bothers to read my posts (and that includes me)!!!!!

Oh Ginger baby of course we read your posts!
If we don';t how the hell will we ever find a decent reason to cast you into the vale of darkness? :len:

Reactions: GingerBubba

Hertzen

12/4/20
I just don't get it. OP, you are either trolling, or you don't care about money at all, or both.

I consider myself kind of affluent and I can't imagine myself buying something for $2k without at least looking on what I am buying.

And you clearly did not do it, because if you did, you'd see that gen's price is like $1M and it's not that easy to buy even if you are willing to do it.

Sorry, don't believe in stories like that at all.

Updated: looks like I'm the stupid one here, missed the last post from OP.

Last edited:

Docrolex

Known Member
28/12/19
Germany
Just fyi, here in Germany it is common legal practice, that if you buy something considered to be real, and it turns out to be a fake, you have the right on insisting to get the real thing, as auctions for fakes are illegal, so it is automatically implied that the auction is about the real thing. And the high bidder has the right to insist on delivery. Can turn out very expensive for the seller, even if he didnt know it is a fake.