• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A very rare Patek, is it gen or rep?

joannestiers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/20
Hello,

I've just won a bidding on eBay for this watch, not sure it's a gen or rep? eBay said I can get money back if it's a rep. Is any one has idea about this one? Gen or Rep? I've never seen this rep from TD, even asking Trusty, Puretime and they don't know it.

Thank you

Here is a video of it's working
https://streamable.com/pgii7o

@jm_brc_7057 : if you don't mind, can you give an idea? I really appreciate as I admire your knowledge about Patek.

uuxiI
uuxiI.jpg

uuSwj.jpg

uu0V4.jpg

uuVGX.jpg

uuJpc.jpg

uugLi.jpg

Last edited:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
This is a joke, yes? How much did you pay for that?

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
very rare indeed lmao!

Hertzen

12/4/20
It's not gen, but it also isn't rep - it's the cheapest of all fakes which looks nowhere close to real Patek.

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
:picard2:

You really think someone will actually sell a "very rare" Patek on ebay via bidding? You should have known better, and just FYI - I have not seen Gen Patek straps say "genuine leather" on them. It is implied. They typically say "Cousu main" or is left blank.

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/2/19
You got the eBay listing?

I’m really surprised they didn’t flagged that sale/auction

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Deffo Gen. Igniter the haters, it's just the typical mentality of a sheep whereas you my friend are a free thinking leader!

I think this would make a LOT of money in the correct auction at Christies. Mid-six figures. The trick is getting it in the right auction. I happen to have an excellent contact at Christies who could place this in the correct auction. I'd be delighted to put you in touch - for a small finders fee. PM me.

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/2/19
You got the eBay listing?

I’m really surprised they didn’t flagged that sale/auction

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
This is a joke, yes? How much did you pay for that?

$1750 US.

joannestiers if you haven't already paid, don't pay.

If you have already paid, ask the seller to cancel the transaction.

If the seller won't cancel and you paid by Paypal contact them and tell them the item is fake - forget about eBay, you bought at auction, as seen. Seller states returns are not accepted.

If the watch is shipped, refuse to accpet delivery and ask for a refund off PP when the parcel is returned to the seller.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
But what if the OP has already purchased the watch, been wearing for a good while, having it authenticated, and been promoted to the CEO of his company partially due to the ownership of this watch and his accomplishment in his field inspired by this watch?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
$1750 US.

You have GOT to be shitting me!!?!

Strewth.

My planned $500 introduction fee seems quite reasonable in the circumstances. Even if all it involved was googling the main telephone number for Christies and passing it on to the OP.

joannestiers

4/5/20
$1750 US.

joannestiers if you haven't already paid, don't pay.

If you have already paid, ask the seller to cancel the transaction.

If the seller won't cancel and you paid by Paypal contact them and tell them the item is fake - forget about eBay, you bought at auction, as seen. Seller states returns are not accepted.

If the watch is shipped, refuse to accpet delivery and ask for a refund off PP when the parcel is returned to the seller.

Thank you. The reason I was asking because I don't think eBay allows a rep on their site. I contacted eBay and they said if it's not gen, I will get my money back.