• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquanaut...3kf ZF KMF... reliability, quality... which one i have to choose?

stefanomapo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/19
Hi guys,
a big question for all of you. i fallen in love with the aquanaut, i don't want spend 20k for the real one so here we are.
after a lot of searching and studies, i'm came to a problem... which one?

ZF 3KF KMF..?

For a lot of people out of the box (yes, i'm not a expert so i want it out of the box, no aftermarket mods) the ZF is better, better finisching dial...(i don't care the line near the five).

but i read a lot of people having problem with the ZF movment, not reliable at all... so... wh have this model, can help me to figured out what is the perfect rep? more accurate, more refined and most important with a reliable movment.

thank you very much!!!!!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Do your homework yourself. Nobody is gonna spoon feed you.

Reactions: DD60

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
OP, you have pretty much already found the answer to your question. This is a decision that only you can make for yourself. You've stated you want best oob and that certain flaws don't bother you. Everyone has certain flaws they can or can't live with. The members contributing reviews on specific watches are stating what they find acceptable or not for them. They share these reviews so others can also benefit and agree or disagree with their personal perspective. Just like anything else you consider buying in this world, you must weigh the pros and cons and committ to what is best for you. It is very selfish and nonsensical to task others to decide what is best for you. Grow some testes and make your own choice.

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
OP, you have pretty much already found the answer to your question. This is a decision that only you can make for yourself. You've stated you want best oob and that certain flaws don't bother you. Everyone has certain flaws they can or can't live with. The members contributing reviews on specific watches are stating what they find acceptable or not for them. They share these reviews so others can also benefit and agree or disagree with their personal perspective. Just like anything else you consider buying in this world, you must weigh the pros and cons and committ to what is best for you. It is very selfish and nonsensical to task others to decide what is best for you. Grow some testes and make your own choice.

Deep down in my soul, though knowing what you have said is true, I think what the OP is truly asking is confirmation from other people. Or, perhaps one simply cannot resist such confirmation bias. When unsure about something or wanting something to be true, we tend to seek concord, approval from other people.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
It's as simple as learning the importance of self reliance when it comes to confirming your own choices.

Going a step further: If concenus is that the world is flat, but you have researched and found undeniable scientific proof based on fact that the world is actually round.

Do you support the general consensus that the world is flat or do you have enough self reliance to stand opposed trusting in your own findings to claim the world is round?

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
It's as simple as learning the importance of self reliance when it comes to confirming your own choices.

Going a step further: If concenus is that the world is flat, but you have researched and found undeniable scientific proof based on fact that the world is actually round.

Do you support the general consensus that the world is flat or do you have enough self reliance to stand opposed trusting in your own findings to claim the world is round?

Based on how I am educated for now, I personally would support the general consensus. I have been in engineering school and will be for a long time, and all I have been learning is just scratching the surface of engineering. When working on a problem from the textbook and getting a different answer from the key on the back of the book, my reflex tells me that it is me who is wrong, not the textbook. However, when getting into more cutting-edge stuff or coming to accumulate much more knowledge, I do think self-reliance plays a more important role.

stefanomapo

10/6/19
First of all thank you for all of yours answer...
I know, I ask a question with already a good part of the answer.
but what is concern me the most is the last part of my topic.

I reliable?

Because when you read not only one or two owner of the zf PP, with problem from the movement... after all I don't want burn 500 dollars for a paperweight.

thank you

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
First of all thank you for all of yours answer...
I know, I ask a question with already a good part of the answer.
but what is concern me the most is the last part of my topic.

I reliable?

Because when you read not only one or two owner of the zf PP, with problem from the movement... after all I don't want burn 500 dollars for a paperweight.

thank you

You are almost there. Keep digging :thumbup:

stefanomapo

10/6/19
Ok... somebody says is reliable, other says after 1 month the movment is kaput...

So where is the true?

some owner can help me figured out where is the true? Thak you

Lawny

23/7/19
UK
If the movement breaks
  • 3KF - True 324 clone = No parts available = Paperweight
  • ZF - Miyota 9015 = Parts readily available = easy to repair or replace
  • KMF - Miyota 9015 = Parts readily available = easy to repair or replace
If it's reliability your after pick either ZF or KMF, choice is yours nobody else's. Pick what you prefer and enjoy for what it is.... a replica.

Reactions: LebronXiJames

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
The 3kf (clone 324 cal movement) has only been out since the beginning of the year but we haven’t seen any complaints yet of the movement going kaput. Mine is personally loosing a few seconds a day so about a week or so I have to move it a minute forward. A service would most likely fix this as movements can come bone dry from the factories and I plan to have it serviced in the near future. It also has gen thickness, which I personally am a big fan of.

I can’t attest to the quality of the other factories watches but their cases aren’t the correct size as the gen which is why I went with the 3kf. I realize if the movement dies I will almost 100% just have to buy another if I wanted the watch again due to it being a clone movement.

So time will tell in terms of long term quality of the movements with the 3kf 324 cal clone. At the end of the day they are both great watches at a small fraction of the gens price

Reactions: Rainbowkin

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
The 3kf (clone 324 cal movement) has only been out since the beginning of the year but we haven’t seen any complaints yet of the movement going kaput. Mine is personally loosing a few seconds a day so about a week or so I have to move it a minute forward. A service would most likely fix this as movements can come bone dry from the factories and I plan to have it serviced in the near future. It also has gen thickness, which I personally am a big fan of.

I can’t attest to the quality of the other factories watches but their cases aren’t the correct size as the gen which is why I went with the 3kf. I realize if the movement dies I will almost 100% just have to buy another if I wanted the watch again due to it being a clone movement.

So time will tell in terms of long term quality of the movements with the 3kf 324 cal clone. At the end of the day they are both great watches at a small fraction of the gens price

I spoke to Andrew about the 3K clone movement, and he actually advised me against it, saying that they had reliability issues with it, including a weak crown. And that’s after I bought one, so he wasn’t trying to talk me over to another model. I still have mine sitting in the office, I haven’t even resized the bracelet. Gotta put it up for sale :)

Reactions: LebronXiJames

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
I spoke to Andrew about the 3K clone movement, and he actually advised me against it, saying that they had reliability issues with it, including a weak crown. And that’s after I bought one, so he wasn’t trying to talk me over to another model. I still have mine sitting in the office, I haven’t even resized the bracelet. Gotta put it up for sale :)

Interesting, good to know. Did he get into specifics about the movement issues that he’s or other buyers have experienced? I know they are actually sold out of the watch as a few other people said the movement was out of stock and had ordered cancelled after waiting on QC pics for almost 6 weeks.

Curious if that had any affect in what he mentioned and why he tried to sell you on another factory. I do recall one member who did have an issue with the crown so I’ve just been a little more careful when using it.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Interesting, good to know. Did he get into specifics about the movement issues that he’s or other buyers have experienced? I know they are actually sold out of the watch as a few other people said the movement was out of stock and had ordered cancelled after waiting on QC pics for almost 6 weeks.

Curious if that had any affect in what he mentioned and why he tried to sell you on another factory. I do recall one member who did have an issue with the crown so I’ve just been a little more careful when using it.

No specifics, and he did not try to sell me on another model, i had already bought one :)

stefanomapo

10/6/19
okm thank you guys for all the answer!

in conclusion is reliable enough compared to other models.

next week i will purchase it!