• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquanaut Khaki Green Rubber Strap—Custom Order?

thechoppiestgreens

2/4/18
Hey all,

So, I've been looking for a khaki green strap to go with the 3KF Aquanaut 5167 that I wanna order, but, as you all might know, there is no good rep strap. The green is never accurate, it's always a more green apple rather than an olive green. But I still really want that strap. I've looked on eBay for an aftermarket khaki green strap, but I haven't found anything nice there. I am definitely NOT willing to buy a gen khaki strap. What other options are available?

I know that we can ask the TDs to ask the factories to make the strap, but is there anything else? I remember seeing a custom order from the forum a while back, I think it was for an AP ROO. Do you guys think that 1. there would be enough interest from other forum members, and 2. that this type of order would even be possible?

Let me know what you guys think. I'm on a mission to get a good rep of this strap.

Reactions: sephirot

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I think high-end 3rd party strap manufacturers such as rubber-b and everest are releasing rubber straps for Patek but am not sure when they will be out. Otherwise, you have got your hands tied for very gen-like, high quality green straps.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Otherwise, you can but the gen green strap, not cutting it, and tape the ends to fit on your wrist. In a few years you will at least get your investment back if you decide to sell them. :len:

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
I’d personally be very interested in a higher quality or even as you mention, a strap with just similar color to the green khaki.

thechoppiestgreens

2/4/18
I’d personally be very interested in a higher quality or even as you mention, a strap with just similar color to the green khaki.

I wonder if there’s any way that we can have this concern voices to the factories. Any ideas? I’d pay extra to have a nice, accurately-coloured khaki strap.

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
I ordered one from Aliexpress a week ago, the colour from the pics seems the right colour, I will post a pic once it arrives and if it is worth it or not

Reactions: canopus

thechoppiestgreens

2/4/18
I ordered one from Aliexpress a week ago, the colour from the pics seems the right colour, I will post a pic once it arrives and if it is worth it or not

Definitely post a pic! That would be awesome. Thank you. When’s it supposed to arrive?

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Expensive, though. Does it come in any other configuration than the tang buckle? Nothing else shows on my phone.

It is a branded Chinese knock-off. I searched it around and saw some positive things about it. It is good but I am not sure if it is any better than the best we can get from our TD's.

It comes also with butterfly clasp.

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
Just got the strap in, I'm happy with the colour, I was comparing to pictures online and it seems about right, it is a khaki/dark green colour.

I will upload some pics of it installed once the spring bar tool arrives

picture to url

Reactions: Rainbowkin

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
DHgate
35449b819038a67dee7035f26a5db568.jpg