• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

DucatiWiz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/20
I'm having some second thoughts about the Miyota movement in this. The movement in its raw state is excellent, but where the rep factories have changed the escapement regulators to decorate it like a gen, they have also messed with the accuracy and stability of it. I can regulate mine to < 3 secs per day accuracy. It'll hold there for a few days or even a week, then suddenly it'll start gaining 2 mins a day or more. I've demagnetised it and tried everything else I can think of other than a full service, but it seems to me that the replacement regulation levers, that look like the gen escapement, are just not stable. Maybe they are too loose as they do seem to move very easily when regulating it. I might try a 3FK v2 just to see how good the clone movement is. The large 1st bracelet link doesn't bother me as much as it does some. I love this watch so much, now it's discontinued and the price has gone up to almost £100k, a gen is way to far out of reach for me :(

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Exactly ! I compared my gen to the one of my friend and there are really many little differences (color dial a part , mine is more blue his is practically grey?!) in the bevels of case and crown too! No idea why , this make me think that are hand made and with many change during the production

There are 3 slightly different genuine dial colors depending on the year watch was made. Slightly more gray dials are 3rd and last edition.

kere88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/10/12
Good morning first of all...

Clearly you didn't read all this thread about the "New" V4

look this old photo and you should understand with your eyes:

Hello,

I did read but to my eyes it looked like a V3. Supposed to be a V4 when I bought it here locally. Is there anything else to look at beside the colour of the dial? I never seen them in real life so not sure about the difference in colour.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
This thread is very exciting.

Have ordered a V4 and cant wait for it to arrive.

NAUTILUS 5711/1A PPF 1:1 BEST EDITION BLUE TEXTURED DIAL ON SS BRACELET 324CS (FREE BOX) V4

Reinforces my choice of my first double purchase.

Wristshots to follow, in the appropriate thread of course.

Reactions: Morofra

Conrado

Horology Curious
18/6/17
in what folder do i have to look for differences between factories? :rolleyes: help me pals

Patekpp

Horology Curious
30/3/19
I contacted a handcrafted watch manufacturer in China, they said they would start modifying the PPFV4 version in early March, with my request fixing the smaller bezels and fixing crowns, please wait and see.

Reactions: pclaussen