• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

Morofra

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/20
Italy
You are comparing the ppf crown screwed and one gen crown unscrewed

EHm .. no , it's screwed also this gen ! Look better it's not "open" , the crown is against the side of case.

anyway I check many gen and many of them have the crown more protruding as well as the bevels of the case ! No idea why... maybe in last productions ( in last 3 years ) are little bit different (maybe look like )

Morofra

26/9/20
Italy
Here My 2012 Gen on the left and my PPF v4 on the right :

Gen:

PPF:

Gen:

PPF:

Only side by side you can see the differences, really really little and only us can see it because we know where see !

but trust me, by real, wearing ... nobody can imagine really.
Off course we are maniac and want fix all this parts.. but for what or who? for us ! Ok... for us is a right answer ))

DucatiWiz

14/11/20
It's amazing how close they are when you see them side-by-side like that. What is the thing you most notice as being different when you wear them?

Morofra

26/9/20
Italy
It's amazing how close they are when you see them side-by-side like that. What is the thing you most notice as being different when you wear them?

Only the color of dial , But.. this difference there is also gen vs gen of my friend ! There's not two gen with same shades of this blue/grey !and many time depend for the light .. led, sun , halogen ...

A part this .. nobody can see and understand that is a clone (only with the lens on movement and in a official Patek laboratory ! In boutique nobody understand that is a clone ! it's funny but it's so )

I bought the PPF only for wear it without risk to be robbed or ruins it . Like those that have a copy of Picasso or Van Gogh on the walls and the reals on Caveau in Geneva with expensive insurance or race with a copy of Ferrari 250 or Mercedes SLR sterling Moss of '60 for don't have the risk to destroy it.

Last edited:

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Man you guys are going to make me buy one of these PPF v4. It looks stunning

Reactions: Morofra

Morofra

26/9/20
Italy
Let's not forget the difference in the size of top flat area of the bezel. You don't need a loupe or side by side comparison to notice that difference.

Side by side little bit but not so noticeable. At wrist without a gen near it's impossible understand it. When you stay near to a gen usually? Me only for take the photos before ! ))

Morofra

26/9/20
Italy
Side by side the only thing without a loupe that make me disappointed is the center of the rotor clearly more big in diameter than the gen one. (strange that nobody said this really big difference)
The others little differences are impossible to check without lens 10X . and repeat only with a gen in the hand in search of differences !

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Side by side little bit but not so noticeable. At wrist without a gen near it's impossible understand it. When you stay near to a gen usually? Me only for take the photos before ! ))

Quite noticeable to the many members who went for the various hybrid routes to achieve their perspective of a perfect rep Nautilus. . The PPF Nautilus still has room for improvement, just like all other Nautilus reps.

DucatiWiz

14/11/20
Let's not forget the difference in the size of top flat area of the bezel. You don't need a loupe or side by side comparison to notice that difference.

When you say "you don't" you actually mean "I don't", because I can assure you that I don't immediately see it even with them side-by-side, never mind in isolation and I'm betting that nor would anyone who saw you wearing it outside of a RWI get-together... :idontknow:

Morofra

26/9/20
Italy
When you say "you don't" you actually mean "I don't", because I can assure you that I don't immediately see it even with them side-by-side, never mind in isolation and I'm betting that nor would anyone who saw you wearing it outside of a RWI get-together... :idontknow:

Exactly

And ok, i confirm, it's very minimal and not so dramatic and also here in the forum everyone that compare it with a gen (search the comparison with the 5711 white dial for example ) say that is not so noticeable! But I respect.. here there are many enthusiast that play.. yes its a good play the research of the perfection for a 1:1 at 100% in any details. But we don't need forgot that all have a price and for me spend more than 500$ is ... to much for a clone .
Anyway are mistakes that a good professionist can repair or arrangement with a satined robot and polished in a pair of hours. (And .. I also saw in years many gen that are been polished wrong with angles and edges totally wrongs ! )

So.. nobody will blocked you in street or a restaurant with a lens and a calibre for check the correct measure of 0,02mm.. ;)

Morofra

26/9/20
Italy
I guess that's my point really, I am very happy despite all the pre-purchase info I read on here about the awful protruding crown. I mean, if you blow both watches up with a macro lens then there is what, less than 0.5mm difference? Even given the benefit of the two photos above it's not immediately apparent and I would imagine that without a gen to compare against, at least 9,999 people out of 10,000 will not know by looking at it on your wrist that it's a rep. So I'm left genuinely asking myself, who are we trying to convince by modifying it? You can't convince yourself because you already know it isn't and will never be and everybody you meet will make a judgement based upon the rest of your lifestyle way before they try measuring the crown with a macro lens. Unless you're trying to sell it on as gen, which I'm sure happens, what is the point?

I quote totally any word ! It's absolutely this the point : "who are we trying to convince by modifying it?" this is the only real true question about this maniacally re search of this incredible little details not visible and not important.

Ernesteka

Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
I quote totally any word ! It's absolutely this the point : "who are we trying to convince by modifying it?" this is the only real true question about this maniacally re search of this incredible little details not visible and not important.

Thank you for the provided information and congratulations to the gen, sir!

Always nice to see such a good fake next to a gen.
Just pulled the trigger on a PPF V4 Blue Dial, this thread was too mouth watering. :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Morofra

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
Constantly....? This kid is spamming 20 different treads with this nonsense, and you give me shit?

If there’s something you wanna discuss, send me a PM, if not, how about you mind your business cupcake

I see your upset about it given you edited your post a few times. No need to devalue the topic, send a PM to a mod to delete his posts/account instead of getting another post count ;) cheers mate

sysfail

Known Member
11/9/20
Hey guys, it's hard to tell with all the various photos in various lighting conditions. How's the PPF V4 blue dial in real life? Seems like a blend of blue + grey though is there more blue color or more grey color? Also, is it a light blue, solid blue, or dark blue (navy) majority of the time? Is there any touch of green and/or purple color mixed in? Or is it just strictly a blend of blue + grey?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!