• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Thanks really appreciate it,what does makes the PF case better over the PPF?

From what I understand, the PF, among other things, has a correct shaped bezel, but the PPF has a fat bezel. But there are lot of people here that are far more knowledgeable on the subject then me :)

Reactions: masterpiece777

T'Challa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/7/19
From what I understand, the PF, among other things, has a correct shaped bezel, but the PPF has a fat bezel. But there are lot of people here that are far more knowledgeable on the subject then me :)

Yup, from my limited understanding and research, the PF bezel has more gen-like proportions at the brushed vs polished section whereas the PPF's bezel proportion has the brushed surface a little bit too much. Interesting that the overall dimensions are still the same.. Second would be the crown - PPF's crown sticks out of the crown guard too much as compared to the PF.

Hence it comes down to whether you wish to buy a PPF with the better aesthetics, and have the case modded or buy a PF base and swap the dial + hands to PPF ones. (and datewheel if avail)
Of course if you want it to be as gen-like as possible, then you'd still have the case modded (whether PF or PPF) to achieve a better shaped beveling.

I stand corrected in advance if incorrect, and am happy to learn from members who have more experience in this subject.

Reactions: masterpiece777

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
I still wait they fix the crown so protruding
it is an instant tell to me
Cosmograph4Ever can mod the crown and bezel to make it more gen like. He’s posted some pictures of his work earlier on the thread or I’m sure he’d share some via PM. He currently has my ppf white dial 5711 that I can’t wait to get back :)

It’s tough to know when a factory might fix an issue. Factories have no cadence for releases so we have no way to know when and if they’ll ever fix this.

Last edited:

marcoxxxx84

17/4/17
Cosmograph4Ever can mod the crown and bezel to make it more gen like. He’s posted some pictures of his work earlier on the thread or I’m sure he’d share some via PM. He currently has my ppf white dial 5711 that I can’t wait to get back :)

It’s tough to know when a factory might fix an issue. Factories have no cadence for releases so we have no way to know when and if they’ll ever fix this.

You are right friend
he did an amazing job with his mod to crown and CG but he is in the USA and I would avoid mod the watch, just my 2 cents

DucatiWiz

14/11/20
I still wait they fix the crown so protruding
it is an instant tell to me

I read this a lot on the forum before getting a PPF and it really put my off, but looking now at the gen (picture below from a dealer on Chrono24) I really don't think it's noticeable at all. I don't think I could tell the difference unless I had them side-by-side. Comparing this gen with 2481's picture above, how much more do you think the crown on the PPF stands out?

Reactions: Morofra

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I read this a lot on the forum before getting a PPF and it really put my off, but looking now at the gen (picture below from a dealer on Chrono24) I really don't think it's noticeable at all. I don't think I could tell the difference unless I had them side-by-side. Comparing this gen with 2481's picture above, how much more do you think the crown on the PPF stands out?

My watch is a PF with PPF v4 dial and hands. The watch has also been total reworked by legend, and has a DWO. Just so you know what you are comparing it to :)

DucatiWiz

14/11/20
My watch is a PF with PPF v4 dial and hands. The watch has also been total reworked by legend, and has a DWO. Just so you know what you are comparing it to :)

Ah ok. Mine is a straight PPF V4 and honestly, doesn’t look much different, especially around the crown.

8de6c0e7885188a92389b6777ac1ad3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DucatiWiz

14/11/20
There is a lot of differences :) But if you are happy with the watch stock, no need to invest further :)

I guess that's my point really, I am very happy despite all the pre-purchase info I read on here about the awful protruding crown. I mean, if you blow both watches up with a macro lens then there is what, less than 0.5mm difference? Even given the benefit of the two photos above it's not immediately apparent and I would imagine that without a gen to compare against, at least 9,999 people out of 10,000 will not know by looking at it on your wrist that it's a rep. So I'm left genuinely asking myself, who are we trying to convince by modifying it? You can't convince yourself because you already know it isn't and will never be and everybody you meet will make a judgement based upon the rest of your lifestyle way before they try measuring the crown with a macro lens. Unless you're trying to sell it on as gen, which I'm sure happens, what is the point?

Last edited:

euro1955

3/3/15
The point is personal preference. Its understandable why some choose to achieve perfection in those things they can influence regardless of lifestyle.