• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

Major Tom

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/7/15

Got this a few days back. It is stunning. Like it so much that I have just ordered the rose gold version. Will post pics when I get it

Must say that your color looks closer than the one on TD´s site. Wear in good health!

Major Tom

Banned
18/7/15

Got this a few days back. It is stunning. Like it so much that I have just ordered the rose gold version. Will post pics when I get it

Gen for reference (2016 or earlier model). Pretty close. Is yours a little bit shiny or mat? Some sunburst perhaps?

5711-2016.png

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
3K dial is still better but other watch flaws, mainly bracelet, date font, bevel thickness, crown protector and some.

3KF on the left vs PPF V3 (no comparison with V4), but it has that little metallic shine which I think the PPF (any version) is lacking. Correct me if wrong

3kf-vs-ppf.png

Video link: https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDY0...id&sharekey=64cf47d6c5e7e82991f8b62ef3649e842

I respectfully disagree. In my eye the 3KF has a too strong sunburst (same issue as the ZF aquanaut ) that makes it look fake + the Patek Philippe logo is too thin and not strong enough which makes it look a bit faded under lower light (not obvious in the video as light is intense)

Major Tom

Banned
18/7/15
Thanks for that as I thought gen also had a similar sunburst look. I was about to order 3K and I hate tacky :)

Choices choices ... perhaps best to wait a bit more for 3K V2 or PPF V5

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I respectfully disagree. In my eye the 3KF has a too strong sunburst (same issue as the ZF aquanaut ) that makes it look fake + the Patek Philippe logo is too thin and not strong enough which makes it look a bit faded under lower light (not obvious in the video as light is intense)

+1

Reactions: Major Tom

Major Tom

Banned
18/7/15

Real color/metallic sunburst must be somewhere in the middle. Gen left. Think it´s a PPF V2 on the right

Capture.png

Tobel

6/7/17
Gen looks pretty metallic/sunburst though. Video link (Spanish): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BL6rotfEdE

sunburst.png

Metallic and sunburst are not the same thing. I don't know how metallic the PPF is but the issue with 3kf is that the sunburst, basically the difference between dark sectors and light sectors of the dial depending on how light hits them, is too harsh. On the gen and on PPF it is softer and more subtle. You can tell that even on your 1st picture

Major Tom

Banned
18/7/15
Only one way to find out, pulled trigger on PPF V4 + PF 5726 SS on leather. Just love this bitch on leather and rubber, will need to buy additional straps though for more than the price of the watch

5726.png

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

n0wj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/20
It is really difficult to capture the dial; sometime flat, occasionally metallic, and if the light hits it just right... sunburst.

Major Tom

Banned
18/7/15
More petrol green/blue/black, more metallic, shine

5711-petrol-blue.png

Major Tom

Banned
18/7/15
Petrol blue on a 1972 Seiko. Pretty close!!
Seiko 6139-7030 Automatic Chronograph

IMG-2472.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jsbaker88

Known Member
3/8/15
Has anyone had any issues with their v4? Mine arrived last week and I fell in love. I’ve worn it probably twice since then for no more than two hours and noticed it wasn’t keeping time. The second hand is moving as expected but the hour hand is static!

any ideas or is this one for the watch smith / something the dealer should resolve?