• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Some more photos of the V4 dial. It's hard to capture the color variance in photos. In person, I find the difference noticeable. Just my opinion though.

From head on, the V3 and V4 dial are very similar. The difference is in the angles and how the light reflects. I found the V3 dial to have little color variation and mainly a purple color. The V4 has more blue, less purple and even a greenish tint to it at different angles.

Seems to be too much blue.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
This is my V2 dial inside PF watch with Keylog DW. Do you think I should update the dial with V4?

Yours look awesome mate, I say no need for V4.

Here are some quick pictures of my V4 I took yesterday with my crappy camera phone.

Just received this beauty from Andrew yesterday.

7IMHv.jpg

7IuMj.jpg

7IwNK.jpg

7Is11.jpg

My first 5711 purchase...now I see why people fall in love with this watch...

I'll take my dslr camera out to take some natural light pictures this weekend and post them here.

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
Yours look awesome mate, I say no need for V4.

Here are some quick pictures of my V4 I took yesterday with my crappy camera phone.

Just received this beauty from Andrew yesterday.

7IMHv.jpg

7IuMj.jpg

7IwNK.jpg

7Is11.jpg

My first 5711 purchase...now I see why people fall in love with this watch...

I'll take my dslr camera out to take some natural light pictures this weekend and post them here.

in reality these photos are very well done. and this dial is amazing

n0wj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/20
Okay, some quick pics. Its a cloudy day, so it was quite difficult to properly take pics of the dial. And it doesn't look "correct" under normal lighting in my office. Anyway, I'll try to take some more in varied lighting, but here you go for now...

LcKxTZ3h.jpg

UDM6W1gh.jpg

Jm3PT83h.jpg

What do I think? Well, I honestly didn't know what to expect. I've never handled a gen, nor ever considered a PP since they are so out of reach. My thoughts?

For me, I was very excited while waiting to receive my V4, but felt underwhelmed when I had it on my wrist. Being more accustomed to sports Rolexes, this feels very different. Much slimmer, less heft. I am not a fan of the bracelet; the butterfly clasp is nightmare for people with butter fingers. Both of the clasps were very tight, but after some open and close action, the pin on one side loosened up slightly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gmt16710R

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
I was underwhelmed when I first got my PPF V2 at first too, but then the bracelet is just so silky smooth/comfortable and it goes with everything that I grew to love it.

Conversely, I feel like my opinion of the Aquanaut changes every month.

n0wj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/20
I do agree it wears comfortably on the wrist. And after several times of taking it off and back on the wrist makes it much easier to deal with. Got a spot of sun so tried to get a picture, but this is really quite difficult to photograph. Also phone cam, so not the best pictures in the world.

Reactions: RonP

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Hello Folks,

Having read a lot of useful reviews and comments on blue dial Nautilus replicas in this forum I'm not yet sure which version to choose. Do you know a modder who builds and sells hybrid models from watch parts got in on his/her own?

Anyway, those who have handled the latest renditions of the blue Nautilus made by PPF and 3KF, which dial you like more?

Last edited:

Major Tom

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/7/15
Thanks a lot to every contributor out here. Very helpful, but questions shall remain ...

So what is the overall consensus as of today? Which combination will give you the closest to gen. I´ve seen other factory 5711 models on TD´s websites that seem to have much better bevels and smoother/more rounded case finishing as compared to PPF, such as MKF, BP, JJF. But I guess they are not interchangeable with PPF as nobody seems to mention/advise this?

Then again maybe nobody ever tried as this can get pretty expensive/money wasted?

I guess my question boils down to this: Did anyone do the hard work/spending and researched all the available 5711 models and options and reached a certain conclusion as to which combination will get you closest to gen. I, m not that obsessed with small details but important for myself are dial color and bevel/case shape. Gen appears to have a very smooth/rounded case shape, whereas for example PPF looks much sharper in terms of corners, bevel, and overall machining i.e. gen appears much softer.

Interchangeable parts for building the best SS 5711.

PART: FACTORY: VERSION: DIAL COLOR:

Best dial:
Best Case:
Best markers:
Best bracelet:
Best movement:
Best hands:
Best Lume:
Best Lume color:
Best Crown:

I understand that you may think why would I share this info having done all the hard work and money spend. If that´s the case please reach out to discuss.

Thanks again!

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Thanks a lot to every contributor out here. Very helpful, but questions shall remain ...

So what is the overall consensus as of today? Which combination will give you the closest to gen. I´ve seen other factory 5711 models on TD´s websites that seem to have much better bevels and smoother/more rounded case finishing as compared to PPF, such as MKF, BP, JJF. But I guess they are not interchangeable with PPF as nobody seems to mention/advise this?

Then again maybe nobody ever tried as this can get pretty expensive/money wasted?

I guess my question boils down to this: Did anyone do the hard work/spending and researched all the available 5711 models and options and reached a certain conclusion as to which combination will get you closest to gen. I, m not that obsessed with small details but important for myself are dial color and bevel/case shape. Gen appears to have a very smooth/rounded case shape, whereas for example PPF looks much sharper in terms of corners, bevel, and overall machining i.e. gen appears much softer.

Interchangeable parts for building the best SS 5711.

PART: FACTORY: VERSION: DIAL COLOR:

Best dial:
Best Case:
Best markers:
Best bracelet:
Best movement:
Best hands:
Best Lume:
Best Lume color:
Best Crown:

I understand that you may think why would I share this info having done all the hard work and money spend. If that´s the case please reach out to discuss.

Thanks again!

I'm not well-experienced and I've physically never seen a gen or rep 5711. As far as I'm informed, as of now I'd be fully satisfied with a modded hybrid made of thinned and re-finisihed PF case/braclet + PF DWO + PPF v4 blue dial/hands + silenced Miyota 9015. I'm not much into the 3KF super clone movement.

Reactions: Major Tom

Major Tom

Banned
18/7/15
Thanks for your reply.

I just asked my TD the following:

1. Does the (PPF) leather strap fit on the Nautilus Jumbo 5711 PF 1:1 Best Version Gray Dial? (Assuming the gray dial PF is the best. Looks pretty good in the pictures)
2. Is it possible for you guys to order a 5711 PPF V4 blue dial and swap it onto a PF 5711?

If positive I will order 1 PF Gray on leather, and 1 PF on bracelet with Blue V4 PPF dial!

I let you know what he comes back with, or maybe someone here already knows the answers.

Cheers

Major Tom

Banned
18/7/15
PF 5711 doesn´t take leather strap as it doesn´t have the right end link/no little screw to secure the pin.

V4 PPF Blue dial will most likely fit PF since it is the same movement so that´s good to go, on bracelet.

I really like to have a PF gray dial on leather .... bummer

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
PF 5711 doesn´t take leather strap as it doesn´t have the right end link/no little screw to secure the pin.

V4 PPF Blue dial will most likely fit PF since it is the same movement so that´s good to go, on bracelet.

I really like to have a PF gray dial on leather .... bummer

You can buy the conversion end links for the 5711 at www.topwatchparts.com.

ODINDMT

29/8/15
Yeah I talked with Andrew and when ready to go I'll pull the trigger.

Then we'll see how to mod the crown :D

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Could you update as to what you decided to do with the crown?