• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
Hello,
New updated dial : blue like gen
Updated clasp with ceramic ball

e54a9fba9aec9f5cc39c8efbefc1c13f.jpg

https://www.intime05.co/patek-phili...blue-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-ppf324.html

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Does this V4 bracelet have the potential to compete with the PF V2 bracelet? What could the ceramic ball update do?

Last edited:

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Looks just like the bluish-grey dial found in the 3KF.

Reactions: Sidhu6355

marcoxxxx84

17/4/17
Large bezel and protruding crown is still there.

The first 2 tells are still here, can’t understand factories. The crown is horrible if you have ever seen a gen, why did they nail the dial so well without considering bezel and crown issues

Reactions: vcappp

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
As I stated above, white dial version only has the bracelet changed.

Yes. Honestly I wouldn't change anything on the white dial, it is really good. Maybe just paint the inner border if the datewindow in black but that's detail and easily modded

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Yes. Honestly I wouldn't change anything on the white dial, it is really good. Maybe just paint the inner border if the datewindow in black but that's detail and easily modded

I have never handled a gen white dial before, but based what I have heard from those who have the gen white dial has this silver hue in low light conditions.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I have doubts.

Two watches are competing each other to enter into my collection:

- PP Nautilus 5711 Blue Dial V3 or V4.
- AP 15202 XF v2

I dont know anything about AP yet, but if you want to fully invest onto a hybrid blue dial patek (having all the best mods without using gen parts), you are looking at around spending $1200 after selling the donor watch. And even with all these mods done you still won't be fully happy because the blue dial still looks off from the gen. The PPF white dial, however, looks scary close to the gen.

All in all I think this is the game of getting whichever one can get the closest to gen.

Last edited:
Reactions: roadtofreedom

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
I dont know anything about AP yet, but if you want to fully invest onto a hybrid blue dial patek (having all the best mods without using gen parts), you are looking at around spending $1200 after selling the donor watch.

Too much money for me.

At the end of the day it has a fucking Miyota inside their guts. Makes no sense to me $1.200

Reactions: Dpap

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Too much money for me.

At the end of the day it has a fucking Miyota inside their guts. Makes no sense to me $1.200

On the AP vs Patek watches themselves is based on your personal taste - we cannot help you with that. I also don't think getting a fully modded AP will cost you anywhere less than that. However, if you pursue the Patek route, you will start seeing people putting the 324 clone movement into their PF cases. If you invest in a PPF now, later you might find yourself the opportunity of investing more and more. To my knowledge there is no AP clone movement, so today you are less likely to turn the AP you buy to something more.

Buying and enjoying the watch ootb, however, is another story. In my opinion the PPF out of the box is great. Again I don't know shit about AP.

Last edited: