• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Hey guys, do I see right, that a PF + PPFv4 dial will be most accurate to gen? Is the PF a hacking movement? (dealer site had that empty) Can anyone tell me if PF or PPF have the better feeling bracelet (not dimension accuracy, but weight)

Thanks so much!

PPFv4 / PF+PPFv4 dial / 3KF v2 -> read and choose one.
Both PF and PPF have a hacking movement (Miyota 9015).
PF bracelet is more solid but PPF is told to be more gen like.

richard5131

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/6/21
Hi everyone, now i was lucky to get my hands on a hybrid build (pf case, ppf V4 dial and hands and a keylog DW) It is absolutely stunning but i am having several issues with it that i want to be fixed. First is the quite harsh difference in lume color when comparing the hands with the dial. is that normal on the ppf v4? The hands are bright white and the dial is creamy. I already inquired for a new set of hands at TDs since the seconds hand is also slightly bend but wanted to have your guys opinion. Could a new set of hands fix that issue or make it better. Or do i need a lume job. I just want them to be roughly the same. Another issue is that the dial and DW is not centered in the case and displaced to the right. Is that something any watch smith/modder can fix? can the DW be adjusted accordingly? thanks for your help and as always much valued opinion.
0e1f0b175586c52d9aeb9b7ce8896a53.jpg

Hey man, in regards to this build- shouldn't the crown be protruding less? Or I may be wrong and my humble apologies for that.

Reactions: KilltheDeath

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
Sadly i don’t know. It is standing out more than gen. That is for sure. But i don‘t know how the PF is supposed to be.

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
Sadly i have a feeling that there are a few things not like they are supposed to be. But since this is the first nautilus i have had in my hands i wanted to ask you guys. I ordered a new dial and hands from TD now do hopefully solve the lume problem. The crown is now a bit better since i simply used a bit of force to screw it down half a turn more than before.
f68d94789e45e99f53f6698ad35809e3.jpg

Calibre16

31/1/12
Sadly i have a feeling that there are a few things not like they are supposed to be. But since this is the first nautilus i have had in my hands i wanted to ask you guys. I ordered a new dial and hands from TD now do hopefully solve the lume problem. The crown is now a bit better since i simply used a bit of force to screw it down half a turn more than before.

I guess I dodged a bullet with this one.
I was ready to buy this exact watch when it was for sale, my last message to the seller was "Send your PP info and the money will be sent asap", but he never responded.

After that, I noticed he had an AP for sale with a completely BENT hand that he didn't mention at all. People in his thread have asked about that bent hand but he never responded.

Doesn't seem like a great guy...

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

Are those the new dial and hands on your latest picture, the lume appears to match.

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
No, it is just in dark light and the lume is charged so you don’t see the difference as much.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU

I have the same build. Now your crown is correct for this build. Regarding the lume mismatch unfortunately there is no guarantee that ordering a new dial and/or a hand set will fix that issue. Relume is a safer option imo.

Last edited:

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
Thanks for all the advice guys.
I am glad now that the parts at least are what they were advertised. PF Case, PPF V4 Dial. The problems can be fixed i guess.
Let’s see if the new dial and hands match, i still have a feeling that the dial is V4 but the hands are not. Hence the drastic difference.
The watch is absolutely gorgeous despite the minor issues.

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
I have the same build. Now your crown is correct for this build. Regarding the lume mismatch unfortunately there is no guarantee that ordering a new dial and/or a hand set will fix that issue. Relume is a safer option imo.

I am always a bit hesitant when it comes to reluming. Last time i had this done on a rep the hands and dial were scratched afterwards.
Can you recommend someone that can definitely do it and leave everything in pristine order?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I am always a bit hesitant when it comes to reluming. Last time i had this done on a rep the hands and dial were scratched afterwards.
Can you recommend someone that can definitely do it and leave everything in pristine order?

I've ever asked altogether 3 modders for servicing and/or modding my watches and one modding concerned also luming which was perfectly done by Nikz19 . However, that job wasn't re-luming the hands but adding lume onto such parts of the watch where there hadn't been lume before. Nikz19 is EU based. I think other forum members also have good experiences with (re)luming and can chime in.

Last edited:

BalugaWhale

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/11/20
Hi everyone, now i was lucky to get my hands on a hybrid build (pf case, ppf V4 dial and hands and a keylog DW) It is absolutely stunning but i am having several issues with it that i want to be fixed. First is the quite harsh difference in lume color when comparing the hands with the dial. is that normal on the ppf v4? The hands are bright white and the dial is creamy. I already inquired for a new set of hands at TDs since the seconds hand is also slightly bend but wanted to have your guys opinion. Could a new set of hands fix that issue or make it better. Or do i need a lume job. I just want them to be roughly the same. Another issue is that the dial and DW is not centered in the case and displaced to the right. Is that something any watch smith/modder can fix? can the DW be adjusted accordingly? thanks for your help and as always much valued opinion.
0e1f0b175586c52d9aeb9b7ce8896a53.jpg

fdbb9138426401195e4fb7d4baa6fe75.jpg

2883392eff6c664a2c7e935ac7734356.jpg

Really nice one, congrats !

mistalowalowa

Horology Curious
18/7/21
Just got my PPF V4 in the mail, all is perfect. But the rotor is super loud and cheap sounding, is there any way to decrease this?

LeonTiersan

Horology Curious
7/9/17
Just wondering, is it just me or has there been updates to the PPF v4 dial after the Green Factory incorporation and the new 5726? because the recent QC pictures i've noticed on Reptime have a more blue-ish hue, wonder if anyone can confirm this?

https://imgur.com/a/uxLHRr7
Someone else's QC picture, looks better than 3k imo

Reactions: mistalowalowa

mistalowalowa

Horology Curious
18/7/21
About the lume, gen is said to glow the whole night. My ppf just glows for maximum 30 minutes. Will those reluming modders also do the new Strontium Glow powders? They are a different league than even gen lume