• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

mayflower

Known Member
30/9/15
Despite the protruding crown, the PPF is still the only modern Nautilus rep with a next-to perfect shape of the cut for the crown between the crown guards.

Some (MKF, 3KF) have edgy cuts to the shape, where others like some PF Nautilus watches have a round cut for the crown.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Despite the protruding crown, the PPF is still the only modern Nautilus rep with a next-to perfect shape of the cut for the crown between the crown guards.

Some (MKF, 3KF) have edgy cuts to the shape, where others like some PF Nautilus watches have a round cut for the crown.

What do you mean by the cut? Could you please point out the cuts in a picture? Thanks

mayflower

Known Member
30/9/15
What do you mean by the cut? Could you please point out the cuts in a picture? Thanks

I am sure I am not using the correct term. Sorry for being unclear. Here is a picture highlighting the section I am referring to.

edit:

picture is of a genuine

wsGDc.jpg

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Here is a picture highlighting the section I am referring to.
thanks so much that's a good demonstration. I wonder if we can mod the cut on the PF.

Well, PPF still has the fat bezel and flimsy, thinner, and softer bracelet which really trouble some members on our forum.

mayflower

Known Member
30/9/15
thanks so much that's a good demonstration. I wonder if we can mod the cut on the PF.

Well, PPF still has the fat bezel and flimsy, thinner, and softer bracelet which really trouble some members on our forum.

I am sure it can be modded, as long as the initial state of the shape allows for removing and shaving part of it off. I have no experience with this, so I will let more experienced people chime in on whether it is doable.

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
As someone who has a v2, I'll wait until they fix the bezel before biting. That new dial does look very nice though - I'm sure whoever purchases it will be a happy customer.

Simon2439

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/20
I have the V3 so when I get the V4 I will post some comparisons.

Vicarious

24/2/19
I'm looking at getting the white dial version. From reading through a number of posts, am I right in saying that the $498 PPF V4 is better or as good as the $598 3KF version and therefore not worth paying the extra? I'm not looking to do any modding, want something I can wear straight out the box.

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I'm looking at getting the white dial version. From reading through a number of posts, am I right in saying that the $498 PPF V4 is better or as good as the $598 3KF version and therefore not worth paying the extra? I'm not looking to do any modding, want something I can wear straight out the box.

They both have obvious flaws. Research and decide which one you can tolerate. Thanks

Vicarious

24/2/19
They both have obvious flaws. Research and decide which one you can tolerate. Thanks

Yes, there seems very little in it as both have minor issues. I'm leaning towards to PPF V4 as I don't see the 3KF being worth the extra $100. Also the PPF having the more tried and tested and most likely easier to service movement is a plus too.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Yes, there seems very little in it as both have minor issues. I'm leaning towards to PPF V4 as I don't see the 3KF being worth the extra $100. Also the PPF having the more tried and tested and most likely easier to service movement is a plus too.

Yeah to me the same, the 3K is nothing but its clone movement and gen thickness. I heard the 3K bracelet is bad too.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Thanks, good to know.

I mean, "better" is so personal and subjective here.

I'd also like to point out that many members have reported that their clone 324 achieved +- 2s/day which is much accurate than the miyota 9015. Besides, you will want to silence the miyota rotor if you cannot stand the loud and cheap rotor sound.

Last edited:

Vicarious

24/2/19
I mean, "good" is so personal and subjective here.

Very true. I’m still deciding between the Nautilus and the VC Overseas 4500 silver dial (the blue is too far off the gen) for my next purchase. Have liked the overseas for ages, but the white dial Nautilus has now caught my eye and just nosed ahead.