• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

Kitaro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/12/19
it’s normal to have imperfections. Check the watchfinder video where he compares Royal oak with the nautilus at 2:08min, you will see crooked 12 o’clock markers in gen.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

3dmanipulator

Horology Curious
30/10/16

I would be interested in how to get this rotor off, sometimes the watch only has a power reserve of 5 to 6 hours

magicmarvin00

Looking Around
22/9/21
Hi, received my QC pics today - my concerns are:

1. crooked 12 marker - just about ok or request new one?
2. Blue dial seems a deeper blue and less gen than other v4 dials I've seen. This is my primary concern.

Thanks

mistalowalowa

Horology Curious
18/7/21
Hi. Is anyone knows how to calibrate the a324 on this pp 5517. It is running 5mins faster per hour

Is it from the screw on the zoomed picture

c3dbac3f976b587f4a1cbfad43c8cbde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same question. Anyone knows how to?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hi, received my QC pics today - my concerns are:

1. crooked 12 marker - just about ok or request new one?
2. Blue dial seems a deeper blue and less gen than other v4 dials I've seen. This is my primary concern.

your markers are great, no issue there

Don't judge a colour on a QC picture taken with harsh lights, that's not how it looks like on real life

mistalowalowa

Horology Curious
18/7/21
This Patek actually uses a Miyota 9015, no clue why the poster above said it's a A324.
Anyhow, mine is getting slower the more the power reserve unwinds (by about -45 seconds/day) from full to half full. Anyone experience something like this? Can't even regulate the watch, if I have to keep in in the same power reserve status all the time.

3dmanipulator

Horology Curious
30/10/16
mistalowalowa and others
donT touch the screw, it will loosen the balancespring cock.
move the green marked lever.
be carefull not to touch the spring.
even a tenth of a millimeter will result in change of up to a minute per day.

jI5I5b.jpg

It is a good idea to grease the seal when you close the watch.
(mine was about 25 seconds too fast when it was delivered and the overall power reserve is a bit poor.)

Last edited:

Samgobigs

11/2/20
Does anyone know if PPF upgraded their blue dial when comparing V4 vs V3? Or was the upgraded limited to the ceramic ball bearing?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Does anyone know if PPF upgraded their blue dial when comparing V4 vs V3? Or was the upgraded limited to the ceramic ball bearing?

See the very first post of this thread.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Thanks mate. Should have caught that. Too much whiskey and too little reading. My bad.

Lol. I haven't got v3 so idk if the difference can be discerned in RL.

DucatiWiz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/20
mistalowalowa and others
donT touch the screw, it will loosen the balancespring cock.
move the green marked lever.
be carefull not to touch the spring.
even a tenth of a millimeter will result in change of up to a minute per day.

jI5I5b.jpg

It is a good idea to grease the seal when you close the watch.
(mine was about 25 seconds too fast when it was delivered and the overall power reserve is a bit poor.)

Unless the movement has changed, that's not correct I'm afraid. The lever you have circled is for the beat error, probably best not to mess with that without a Timegrapher. I know it's confusing because the look of the levers has been changed to make them look more like the Gen movement, but on the Miyota it's the wide upper lever that regulates the time, the thinner lower one changes the beat error.

mistalowalowa

Horology Curious
18/7/21
Then the power reserve is about 48h and accuracy is improved a lot, mine is just as accurate as a gen Omega

mistalowalowa

Horology Curious
18/7/21
I just found a way to 100% silence the rotor. But DO NOT try to unscrew the rotor! It's screw is only glued on decoration, I scratched mine while trying to unscrew.

The rotor is press fitted into its bearing, you can gently lift it with a screwdriver.
Then I took a .45mm syringe needle and generously applied 3 tiny droplets of Molykote DX Lithium Paste onto the ball bearing slit, then pushed it between the bearing balls with the needle tip. I put a small strip of Kapton tape on the underside of the rotor to cancel its resonance which worked surprisingly well (I thought of this trick from my drumming times, when we used tape to shorten cymbal decay).
Pressed the rotor on again with a plastic rod, spun a few times, wiped off residue paste and reassembled.

Recommend this fix 10/10, beginner friendly, just make sure you got the proper case opening tool, mine fit like 60% exact and was a pain.

Reactions: RX7GP and mech500

3dmanipulator

Horology Curious
30/10/16
DucatiWiz
With all due respect, your presentation is completely wrong.
the gen watch has no lever at all to regulate the rate, regulation takes place via u-shaped rings on the balance wheel itself.

on the rep, the spiral spring is attached to the lever with the 2 screw heads and then runs through the loop of the speed regulating lever.
almost counter-clockwise (seen from the fastening lever) exactly the other way around as with the unmodified miyota 9015.
so the speed is regulated with the lever circled in green by me and the beat error with the one with the 2 screw heads.

Last edited: