Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DucatiWiz View Post

I read this a lot on the forum before getting a PPF and it really put my off, but looking now at the gen (picture below from a dealer on Chrono24) I really don't think it's noticeable at all. I don't think I could tell the difference unless I had them side-by-side. Comparing this gen with 2481's picture above, how much more do you think the crown on the PPF stands out?
    My watch is a PF with PPF v4 dial and hands. The watch has also been total reworked by legend, and has a DWO. Just so you know what you are comparing it to
    FOR SALE:

Waterproof tester: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...f-tester-6-atm

Comment

Originally posted by 2841 View Post

My watch is a PF with PPF v4 dial and hands. The watch has also been total reworked by legend, and has a DWO. Just so you know what you are comparing it to
      Ah ok. Mine is a straight PPF V4 and honestly, doesn’t look much different, especially around the crown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ah ok. Mine is a straight PPF V4 and honestly, doesn’t look much different, especially around the crown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        There is a lot of differences But if you are happy with the watch stock, no need to invest further
        FOR SALE:

Waterproof tester: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...f-tester-6-atm

Comment

Originally posted by 2841 View Post

There is a lot of differences But if you are happy with the watch stock, no need to invest further
          I guess that's my point really, I am very happy despite all the pre-purchase info I read on here about the awful protruding crown. I mean, if you blow both watches up with a macro lens then there is what, less than 0.5mm difference? Even given the benefit of the two photos above it's not immediately apparent and I would imagine that without a gen to compare against, at least 9,999 people out of 10,000 will not know by looking at it on your wrist that it's a rep. So I'm left genuinely asking myself, who are we trying to convince by modifying it? You can't convince yourself because you already know it isn't and will never be and everybody you meet will make a judgement based upon the rest of your lifestyle way before they try measuring the crown with a macro lens. Unless you're trying to sell it on as gen, which I'm sure happens, what is the point?
          Last edited by DucatiWiz; 01-12-20, 10:19.

Comment

The point is personal preference. Its understandable why some choose to achieve perfection in those things they can influence regardless of lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by marcoxxxx84 View Post
              You are comparing the ppf crown screwed and one gen crown unscrewed
              EHm .. no , it's screwed also this gen ! Look better it's not "open" , the crown is against the side of case.

anyway I check many gen and many of them have the crown more protruding as well as the bevels of the case ! No idea why... maybe in last productions ( in last 3 years ) are little bit different (maybe look like )

Comment

Here My 2012 Gen on the left and my PPF v4 on the right :

Gen:

PPF:

Gen:

PPF:

Only side by side you can see the differences, really really little and only us can see it because we know where see !

but trust me, by real, wearing ... nobody can imagine really.
                Off course we are maniac and want fix all this parts.. but for what or who? for us ! Ok... for us is a right answer ))

Comment

It's amazing how close they are when you see them side-by-side like that. What is the thing you most notice as being different when you wear them?

Comment

It's amazing how close they are when you see them side-by-side like that. What is the thing you most notice as being different when you wear them?
                    Only the color of dial , But.. this difference there is also gen vs gen of my friend ! There's not two gen with same shades of this blue/grey !and many time depend for the light .. led, sun , halogen ...

A part this .. nobody can see and understand that is a clone (only with the lens on movement and in a official Patek laboratory ! In boutique nobody understand that is a clone ! it's funny but it's so )

I bought the PPF only for wear it without risk to be robbed or ruins it . Like those that have a copy of Picasso or Van Gogh on the walls and the reals on Caveau in Geneva with expensive insurance or race with a copy of Ferrari 250 or Mercedes SLR sterling Moss of '60 for don't have the risk to destroy it.
                    Last edited by Morofra; 01-12-20, 23:10.

Comment

Let's not forget the difference in the size of top flat area of the bezel. You don't need a loupe or side by side comparison to notice that difference.

Comment

Man you guys are going to make me buy one of these PPF v4. It looks stunning

Comment

Originally posted by gilrob View Post
                          Let's not forget the difference in the size of top flat area of the bezel. You don't need a loupe or side by side comparison to notice that difference.
                          Side by side little bit but not so noticeable. At wrist without a gen near it's impossible understand it. When you stay near to a gen usually? Me only for take the photos before ! ))

Comment

Side by side the only thing without a loupe that make me disappointed is the center of the rotor clearly more big in diameter than the gen one. (strange that nobody said this really big difference)
                            The others little differences are impossible to check without lens 10X . and repeat only with a gen in the hand in search of differences !

Comment

Originally posted by Morofra View Post

Side by side little bit but not so noticeable. At wrist without a gen near it's impossible understand it. When you stay near to a gen usually? Me only for take the photos before ! ))
                              Quite noticeable to the many members who went for the various hybrid routes to achieve their perspective of a perfect rep Nautilus. . The PPF Nautilus still has room for improvement, just like all other Nautilus reps.

Comment

Originally posted by gilrob View Post
                                When you say "you don't" you actually mean "I don't", because I can assure you that I don't immediately see it even with them side-by-side, never mind in isolation and I'm betting that nor would anyone who saw you wearing it outside of a RWI get-together...

Comment

Working...
                                X