• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

jeremyhuang13

OG and a Supporter
Supporter
4/10/13
PPF V4 just came out, and I dont think anyone gotten one yet.

I'd say PPF v4 too for wearing ootb. If you want to invest more now or in the future, buy the PF and keylog dwo do the usual PPF/PF hybrid mod (so that you dont have to live with the PPF fat bezel and protruding crown).

In the future after we see people successfully putting clone 324 movement into their PF cases, you can invest even more by buying a 3K just for the movement and hands. Getting the 3K now for me isn't worthy at all because I won't use it in the future for the hybrid mod after knowing a better engraved clone 324 movement comes out.

However, if you cannot live with the PPF protruding crown (which can be kinda fixed) and fat bezel (isn't that obvious) and cannot afford the hybrid mod, I guess 3K or even other cheaper options is the way to go. 3K is well constructed but has the visibly larger endlink than gen.

So above is for the blue dial, and regarding your questions earlier about the white dial: the PPF white dial and hands are nwbig worthy (I know people who have handled the gen dial will disagree). The gray markers on your TD's picture is probably due to lighting and viewing angle. TD's pictures especially on colors don't mean much.

Agreed with everything you said... Thanks. One thing I want to point out is the 3K ($588) is more expensive than the PPF ($498) at least on Pure times website
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brands/patek-philippe.html?limit=all

I don't mind the protruding crown or the fat bezel (significantly fatter). I know I am buying a replica so is what it is.

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
I would just say that this is a V4, a goddamn V4, so, in my humble opinion, I guess waiting out would be the best bet as of now, let 3k come with updated versions, up the competition and then let us pick one up because
1. This V4 dial is almost same to 3k's blue dial, this observation is based on watching numerous videos, though I could be wrong.
2. An engraved movement, correct first pebble link and maybe better finishings is all that 3k's update requires VS a miyota, fat bezel, a protruding crown even on a V4- I guess it's a pretty raw deal, right, so waiting , I guess goes for me or else wait for a PPF V5,6,7 etc
​​​​​

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I would just say that this is a V4, a goddamn V4, so, in my humble opinion, I guess waiting out would be the best bet as of now, let 3k come with updated versions, up the competition and then let us pick one up because
1. This V4 dial is almost same to 3k's blue dial, this observation is based on watching numerous videos, though I could be wrong.
2. An engraved movement, correct first pebble link and maybe better finishings is all that 3k's update requires VS a miyota, fat bezel, a protruding crown even on a V4- I guess it's a pretty raw deal, right, so waiting , I guess goes for me or else wait for a PPF V5,6,7 etc
​​​​​

I think either the 3K V10 or the PPF V15 will trully satisfy you, but will you wait for another 5-10 years for the factories to solve more endless problems?

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE
In my personal opinion I think there's always the economic field we have to consider.

Even if the factory knows the issues, why would produce a perfect clone?

It's renouncing to a big slice of profit doing it.

The factory knows that to get a near perfect clone you could buy two top players, PPF and PF (for example) so already two watches are sold.

Doesn't matter if you sell the donor watch, the thing that matters is to sell and make profit.

Every update fix a problem and leaves space to other problems.

Meanwhile you're buying two, three, four watches to get one near perfect.

There's no economical interest in producing a perfect clone, because once the factory produces it, there's no reason to promote a new updated product with a premium price.

Otherwise it can sell the PPF/PF just out of box, same price, but that won't happen because means to give up on selling a second donor watch for +500€ value.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
In my personal opinion I think there's always the economic field we have to consider.

The factory knows that to get a near perfect clone you could buy two top players, PPF and PF (for example) so already two watches are sold.

Doesn't matter if you sell the donor watch, the thing that matters is to sell and make profit.

There's no economical interest in producing a perfect clone, because once the factory produces it, there's no reason to promote a new updated product with a premium price.

Otherwise it can sell the PPF/PF just out of box, same price, but that won't happen because means to give up on selling a second donor watch for +500€ value.

So you are pointing out the business model of the rep factories, while it helps us to see what's coming and understand why they cannot solve an overly obvious tell on their watch, it does not help us to satiate our desire of getting the perfect clone. If we keep waiting for the better version, which has and introduces its own problems, we will never get to enjoy what's on our wrist. Therefore, we keep investing in hybrid/franken mods to keep the perfect clone on our wrists updated. Who knows when the an engraved, reliable clone movement will come out? Let's put together a perfect clone with the resource we have on hand and be on our merry ways!

Maybe, just maybe, one day in the future, our investment in time, money, and effort will offset that of buying a gen, but the enjoyment we get from tinkering our gadgets is far more satisfying than having our name on a non-existent waitlist and getting cold called from our AD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gmt16710R

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE
Sorry for the double post, I have some problems with tapatalk lol

I agree with you 100%. That's the point of my post.

We have to accept that replica will always have some issues, and fortunately for the 5711 we have the possibility to go hybrid without using big amounts of budget for a gen, or a gen par like the dial.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rainbowkin

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK

Out of curiosity what percentage of rep buyers go on forums like this (and similar ones) and analyze the differences between each version and then flip when a newer one comes out.
If it's low then there's no point in the factories producing substandard replicas in the first place.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Out of curiosity what percentage of rep buyers go on forums like this (and similar ones) and analyze the differences between each version and then flip when a newer one comes out.
If it's low then there's no point in the factories producing substandard replicas in the first place.

Exactly. We represent less than 5% of the market, and 5% of us will do the search and mod their watch.

Last edited:

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE

I think substandard replicas are dedicated to the buyer who doesn't care about perfection, or maybe have a limited budget and lack of patience. I personally have been one of those. Bought a 3800, at the beginning I tought
"Oh ok I can live with that issue etc." but I was wrong. I still am a newbie in this world.

That was impatience, and I was scared about putting money out for the first time (the most expensive replica I bought, for now).

I think this is a part of the market too. As said by Rainbow, the percentage of buyers who search and mod is low, but I think it's the percentage where less people spends a lot more on the single watch.

Anyway, what I meant is: Imho it's better to search and mod than wait the real 1:1 version,
Because the real 1:1 will never happen..

Sent from the RWI App

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Just a reminder to some of you out there contemplating of building a PF/PPF hybrid, PPF dials and hands can be sourced by some trusted dealers for as low as $100.00. Also using a PF 5711 ($498.00) as a base is not necessary, the MKF v6 5711 ($348.00) can be used. The bezel and crown of the MKF v6 is better than those of the PPF and comparable if not identical to the PF. The problem(s) of the MKF v6 is a misspelled word on the movement and more importantly is the bracelet. The bracelet is stiff so the fit won't be suitable for smaller wrists however if your wrist size is over 7.5 inches it'll be okay. And lastly a Keylog PF DWO will be needed (PPF DWO are no longer available but a PF DWO will work with a PPF dial). Just an idea for those who want to save some money.

Last edited:

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE
Just a reminder to some of you out there contemplating of building a PF/PPF hybrid, PPF dials and hands can be sourced by some trusted dealers for as low as $100.00. Also using a PF 5711 ($498.00) as a base is not necessary, the MKF v6 5711 ($348.00) can be used. The bezel and crown of the MKF v6 is better than those of the PPF and comparable if not identical to the PF. The problem(s) of the MKF v6 is a misspelled word on the movement and more importantly is the bracelet. The bracelet is stiff so the fit won't be suitable for smaller wrists however if your wrist size is over 7.5 inches it'll be okay. And lastly a Keylog PF DWO will be needed (PPF DWO are no longer available but a PF DWO will work wit a PPF dial). Just an idea for those who want to save some money.

Didn't know that.

Thanks for sharing this info.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I think substandard replicas are dedicated to the buyer who doesn't care about perfection, or maybe have a limited budget and lack of patience. I personally have been one of those. Bought a 3800, at the beginning I tought
"Oh ok I can live with that issue etc." but I was wrong. I still am a newbie in this world.

That was impatience, and I was scared about putting money out for the first time (the most expensive replica I bought, for now).

I think this is a part of the market too. As said by Rainbow, the percentage of buyers who search and mod is low, but I think it's the percentage where less people spends a lot more on the single watch.

Anyway, what I meant is: Imho it's better to search and mod than wait the real 1:1 version,
Because the real 1:1 will never happen..

Sent from the RWI App

What I meant is that would the average person who buys these reps know about the different versions or even care that a flaw was fixed in the next version.

I'm thinking they would just buy the latest rep at the time and never buy a later version of that same watch.

Reactions: Gmt16710R

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
I think either the 3K V10 or the PPF V15 will trully satisfy you, but will you wait for another 5-10 years for the factories to solve more endless problems?

Well, if you hold these opinions, that's your wish, WAIT is the name of the rep game, you are just a new kid on the block here and I have been here for more than 10 years though as a lurker and joined only in 2018. The rep scene 10 years ago and that of today is like comparing land to sky, flaws would always be there and I would never complain to get a 100% deal since it's a rep that we buy but improving upon minor flaws is not a big deal even if it requires a wait for 6 months to 1 year and know what- this is just the bare minimum.
People including me waited for this clone for almost 5 years and to get an engraved one, I am including many others willing to wait for another round, heck if PPF improved that fat bezel and crown, I would have gone for it but it is your preference with which flaw you want to live with or not. Now, on these accounts, I could easily go for 3k but not engraving the movement- that's a shitty marketing gimmick which these rep factories go for, including PPF.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Well, if you hold these opinions, that's your wish, WAIT is the name of the rep game, you are just a new kid on the block here and I have been here for more than 10 years though as a lurker and joined only in 2018. The rep scene 10 years ago and that of today is like comparing land to sky, flaws would always be there and I would never complain to get a 100% deal since it's a rep that we buy but improving upon minor flaws is not a big deal even if it requires a wait for 6 months to 1 year and know what- this is just the bare minimum.
People including me waited for this clone for almost 5 years and to get an engraved one, I am including many others willing to wait for another round, heck if PPF improved that fat bezel and crown, I would have gone for it but it is your preference with which flaw you want to live with or not. Now, on these accounts, I could easily go for 3k but not engraving the movement- that's a shitty marketing gimmick which these rep factories go for, including PPF.

I respect these words, well said.

Last edited:

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE

I understand what you said and respect your opinion.

My opinion is surely influenced by the fact I didn't know anything about how rep world was 10 years ago.

Probably I have this opinion because the market now is full of possibilities which were only a mirage 10 years ago. 10 years ago I was 12 y.o. too :D

Anyway, as you said, it's our preference.

The most important thing is to enjoy the watch on our wrist.

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
I understand what you said and respect your opinion.

My opinion is surely influenced by the fact I didn't know anything about how rep world was 10 years ago.

Probably I have this opinion because the market now is full of possibilities which were only a mirage 10 years ago. 10 years ago I was 12 y.o. too :D

Anyway, as you said, it's our preference.

The most important thing is to enjoy the watch on our wrist.

That's the spirit boy, at the end, all it boils down is to what your preference is(it should be an informed one so that you don't get a raw deal, even if you have to wait) and what are the flaws you would live with. Now, I assume that you are 22-23, fast forward to 10 years and you would be like- God, I couldn't have imagined reps could be this good. The problem today is with loads and loads of choices different rep factories are spewing out, earlier, it was either this or that. Good luck for this beautiful but addictive rep journey- the only catch is to read, read and only read, gather info and see the difference in your maturity level (before and after) when you would buy something or invest your money somewhere.

Last edited:

obbstagarms

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/18
Pics from my local dealer.
V4 Blue dial. nicely done.

5ac529b26827dd4bebdff5d291b68069.jpg

69e6f93620037c64838cd2dbe0cf9803.jpg

2a82f0248669827c1a344462cca8faab.jpg

268f952f1e3be3824af20e388d4ac940.jpg

fdfabac16b05741762c8007c57ec21ad.jpg

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
The color looks very nice on photo, a very deep sparkling blue!
It looks really nice to me but... I really would like to see a face to face comparation with a gen!

Referring to the crown and bezel flaws we all know the good and the bad on PPF 5711 production, I think there's nothing else to say.