• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

Giellea

Patron
Certified
17/5/18
Italy
If they used the same movement the images of the movement should be the same, but if you look closely they are different on both Jtime and trustytime.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
PPF white and PPF V4 blue are the best dials

The word "best" is subjective. PPF v3 and PPF v4 Blue both are somewhat accurate. The gen Blue has gone through variations, v3 and v4 are from separate genres. With time, the blue color have become more of electric blue from the purplish blue previously. Check out the following article:

https://monochrome-watches.com/histo...712-5980-5990/

(Click on the timeline image, you will see how the blue color has evolved over time)

Last edited:

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
If they used the same movement the images of the movement should be the same, but if you look closely they are different on both Jtime and trustytime.

Damn OK, that’s a shame. Was looking forward to the 324 clone movement in a modded PPF case without the issues of the 3K (fat first link etc). Thought it was too good to be true.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Damn OK, that’s a shame. Was looking forward to the 324 clone movement in a modded PPF case without the issues of the 3K (fat first link etc). Thought it was too good to be true.

3K will not sell their clone 324 SC movement to their competitors for obvious reasons.

Have you considered/tried other rep PP 5711 bracelets for the 3K 5711.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
3K will not sell their clone 324 SC movement to their competitors for obvious reasons.

The problem is not only the bracelet, the case construction around the first link is also very wrong

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU

You’re most probably right, I agree. I seem to remember there were some rumblings from Kobe that they would indeed sell the movement to other factories, unfortunately though understandably it didn’t turn out to be true.

I did consider a bracelet swap yes, but as pointed out below it won’t work unfortunately that I know of. Oh well, 3K V2 it is.

Dicentim

Known Member
19/11/20
Hi, Could someone please tell me more about the size of the bracelet, I read somewhere it's quite small. Does it fit to a 20 cm wrist ? Thanks.

DucatiWiz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/20

Yes, they are definitely misleading because they are both clearly the decorated Miyota (Citizen) movements standard in the PPF. If you look at the pic below, it's easy to tell because of the gold coloured gear-wheels you can see under the balance wheel on the clone/gen movement.

However, I wouldn't get too hung up on that. IMHO, you are probably better off with the Miyota. It's a work-horse reliable movement which has known longevity and there are as many tells on 3KF's clone movement if you look closely at it as there are on the Miyota, so not much is gained. The Miyota could be easily serviced locally and parts replaced (if you can find someone who isn't offended by reps). The clone movement however is much more of an unknown quantity. If it fails and say, a tooth comes off a gear, you'll have to junk the watch or send it back to the TD and hope they help. I'm with you on the quest for that perfect clone - the one that is basically a Patek made in a different factory, but sometimes it's worth remembering that these are reps that won't pass close scrutiny by someone in the know, so external appearance (case, dial etc) and reliability is probably more important than a clone movement. JMHO.

Za0MgW.jpg

Last edited:

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14

I'm with you on the quest for that perfect clone - the one that is basically a Patek made in a different factory, but sometimes it's worth remembering that these are reps that won't pass close scrutiny by someone in the know, so external appearance (case, dial etc) and reliability is probably more important than a clone movement. JMHO.

I agree with Ducati, unless gen parts are readily available at a reasonable price like Rolex models I honestly wouldn't put so much faith and pride on a "clone" movement especially with something like a Patek or AP rep. Keep in mind that even gen Patek have their flaws. Unless Patek parts are readily available at a reasonable cost I'd prefer rep companies to focus on perfecting the obvious outward appearance such as the fat bezel and protruding crown rather than an unproven clone movement. Hell I'll even take a better finish on a decorated movement if they can get all other things right.

Reactions: WarDog24

Morofra

26/9/20
Italy
Yes, they are definitely misleading because they are both clearly the decorated Miyota (Citizen) movements standard in the PPF. If you look at the pic below, it's easy to tell because of the gold coloured gear-wheels you can see under the balance wheel on the clone/gen movement.

However, I wouldn't get too hung up on that. IMHO, you are probably better off with the Miyota. It's a work-horse reliable movement which has known longevity and there are as many tells on 3KF's clone movement if you look closely at it as there are on the Miyota, so not much is gained. The Miyota could be easily serviced locally and parts replaced (if you can find someone who isn't offended by reps). The clone movement however is much more of an unknown quantity. If it fails and say, a tooth comes off a gear, you'll have to junk the watch or send it back to the TD and hope they help. I'm with you on the quest for that perfect clone - the one that is basically a Patek made in a different factory, but sometimes it's worth remembering that these are reps that won't pass close scrutiny by someone in the know, so external appearance (case, dial etc) and reliability is probably more important than a clone movement. JMHO.

Za0MgW.jpg

Very good analysis . the movements are anyway different ok. I see immediately the difference in the rotor , the diameter for example. it's only a "look like " common . in 500$ what we should want ?
In my PPF after 5 months of use now it lost 1 minute every day( what can happen ?!

DucatiWiz

14/11/20
Just for completeness, here is the 3KF movement. You'll see that for some reason they left the rotor bearings exposed, but worse in many people view is that PP logo and other writing which is simply printed on rather than engraved. Why they went to all the trouble of cloning the movement and then finishing it so badly I don't know, but at first glance, the decorated Miyota actually looks better than the clone IMHO.

Zacra4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: sincron

DucatiWiz

14/11/20
In my PPF after 5 months of use now it lost 1 minute every day( what can happen ?!

1 min a day needs regulation! My PPF v4 gains 3 secs a day :) . Might be with the money to have it serviced if you can find a guy willing. I'm trying to find one in Essex (UK). Haven't plucked up the courage to ask the guy who services my gens, I have a feeling he might be disapproving... :worried:

Morofra

26/9/20
Italy
1 min a day needs regulation! My PPF v4 gains 3 secs a day :) . Might be with the money to have it serviced if you can find a guy willing. I'm trying to find one in Essex (UK). Haven't plucked up the courage to ask the guy who services my gens, I have a feeling he might be disapproving... :worried:

I know ( clearly it have a problem .. need a regulation. ! I'm putting the money away for send it to Cosmograph4Ever in Florida USA for a complete improvement !

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Just for completeness, here is the 3KF movement. You'll see that for some reason they left the rotor bearings exposed, but worse in many people view is that PP logo and other writing which is simply printed on rather than engraved. Why they went to all the trouble of cloning the movement and then finishing it so badly I don't know, but at first glance, the decorated Miyota actually looks better than the clone IMHO.

Zacra4.jpg

I know right? I’m guessing they had to leave a little wiggle room for “improvements” on V2, which will have “perfect 1:1 engravings”.

Reactions: DucatiWiz

DucatiWiz

14/11/20
I know right? I’m guessing they had to leave a little wiggle room for “improvements” on V2, which will have “perfect 1:1 engravings”.

A better dial and correct bracelet links too right? Oh wait no, they'll be on V3 and V4 :rolleyes: