• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus Gen vs. Rep Video

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Thanks for sharing, interesting comparison indeed. That's a PPF. Curious which version though. If I recall the v1 had a purple shaded dial, which the one on the video seems to have

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Extremely good video, esp with those macros. Gotta say, the rep dial, though a different color all together, the markers and the printing is very impressive. One of the cleanest rep dials I have ever seen.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
The cannon pinion tip is also a minor tell on the rep Miyota movement.
XEStF.jpg

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Gen's left crown guard's taper seems to be steeper than PPF's, but the right crown guards of the two look almost identical.

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
Bezel is definitely fatter than gen

This to me is the most frustrating aspect of this rep. The flat portion of the bezel is far too wide, and you see much less of the beautiful polished angled portion. It just looks... wrong, unfortunately. It makes it look heavy and bloated. For me, that sticks in my craw far more than the protruding crown, and I am NOT a fan of that either.

The other slight differences in case shape around the crown guard and on the opposite side of the porthole are more subtle, and I think less annoying, at least for me.

OverTheTop - great comparison gif! Looks like it's giving birth to that oversized crown... But that bezel just LEAPS out.

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
This to me is the most frustrating aspect of this rep. The flat portion of the bezel is far too wide, and you see much less of the beautiful polished angled portion. It just looks... wrong, unfortunately. It makes it look heavy and bloated. For me, that sticks in my craw far more than the protruding crown, and I am NOT a fan of that either.

The other slight differences in case shape around the crown guard and on the opposite side of the porthole are more subtle, and I think less annoying, at least for me.

OverTheTop - great comparison gif! Looks like it's giving birth to that oversized crown... But that bezel just LEAPS out.

Just with a larger hour hand and a thinner bezel would be one of the best reps of the year.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Just with a larger hour hand and a thinner bezel would be one of the best reps of the year.

Not sure about the larger hour hand, are you basing your comment on the animated gif on the previous page or on other pics ? Because in the animated gif lighting plays a big part, with the hour hand being either in the light or in the dark and when in the dark it looks smaller. If you look at the hour markers you get the same illusion

Reactions: OverTheTop

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
Not sure about the larger hour hand, are you basing your comment on the animated gif on the previous page or on other pics ? Because in the animated gif lighting plays a big part, with the hour hand being either in the light or in the dark and when in the dark it looks smaller. If you look at the hour markers you get the same illusion

Based on animated gif.

Taking into consideration the light impact, the hour hand seems a little bit longer.

OverTheTop

Known Member
12/11/14

Thanks man!

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17

Likewise. the curve of the bezel gives a nice lustering look to the face/front of the watch. But this video definitely shows how the rep bezel's brushing is much rougher than the gen, which also attributes to the overall smoothness of the watch.