• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New TBF factor Nautilus 5711 blue dial

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE
That blue dial is interesting...

Looking for other pictures I think the date window has some issues (the internal edges seems to be a little rounded, and this compromises the perception of the general dimensions of the whole
window, which seems smaller than the PPF window for example).

dfc0773822a564e5db32c3920010ec27.jpg

On the top the TBF, on bottom the PPF
eba9d1f709638926f5a5e61e0b570280.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, it's just a rapid screenshotting to show what I noticed.

I'm not an expert, and I'm always talking according to the pictures, as I don't have a 5711, and I'm pondering which is the best compromise in quality/price ratio.

The case and bracelet looks good in my opinion.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
PP0351E_18.jpg

:lol:

Either this maker is an avid onanist, or they did not bother to check what those number where meant to be.

For those who don't know :

A384EBP is not a serial number but an identification serial for the bracelet. A is for Acier (Steel) 384 is the identification number of the 5711 Nautilus and EBP is referring to the pin method of fixing the links from 2014. It would have been EAC between 2012 and 2014. BDP from the screwed version in 2011.
I couldn't find a mention of the "FAP" code, and it wouldn't make sense on a pre-2018 dial to have an updated case & bracelet anyway (If it was a new code)

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
The bezel looks kinda fat to me.

PF has been ahead of other manufacturers on case and bracelet construction, and I don't see any of these new releases (PPF, 3K, and TBF) shaking its place.

If the TBF dial, date wheel, and hands are good, it might become a cheaper way for cropping parts and doing a hybrid build with PF case and bracelet.

Reactions: Gmt16710R

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
PP0351E_18.jpg

:lol:

Either this maker is an avid onanist, or they did not bother to check what those number where meant to be.

For those who don't know :

A384EBP is not a serial number but an identification serial for the bracelet. A is for Acier (Steel) 384 is the identification number of the 5711 Nautilus and EBP is referring to the pin method of fixing the links from 2014. It would have been EAC between 2012 and 2014. BDP from the screwed version in 2011.
I couldn't find a mention of the "FAP" code, and it wouldn't make sense on a pre-2018 dial to have an updated case & bracelet anyway (If it was a new code)

Some good insight there mate, I did not know that!!

Hahaha, avid onanist, that cracked me up!

FWIW, biblical seed spilling aside, this Nautilus looks no better than any other out there, did we really need another factory making this watch?!?

DC

Reactions: Glaude

tanto

Known Member
4/10/14
When I made the post, I already had the idea that on might could use ppf case and use dial, hans, date and crown from the TBF model and combine... But hard to say anything yet

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
The markers and hands will always be a tell. If the hands finish arent obvious from wrist distance, the markers show clearly that they are stainless steel instead of the gen white gold.

tanto

Known Member
4/10/14
Hmm... I am eager to buy it, like the dial quite a lot... It seems to be the model before 2018 (I think - correct me if I am wrong)...

I have written trusty to confirm thickness is 9 mm (or less or more).

One big issue is crown is very wrong... but that can be changed easily after all...

Trusty got video here:
https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_199&products_id=21347

Also QC pics:

url=https://clickpix.org/image/XsVi5]
XsVi5.jpg
[/url]

url=https://clickpix.org/image/Xuj8E]
Xuj8E.jpg
[/url]

Reactions: Kitaro

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I can't pin point what it is on this model, but everything seems to be "rounded" on it, lack of edge definitions on a lot of elements of the watch

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Well, some issues on the finishing can be minimized by a refinish from an experienced tech.
The protruding crown and fat bezel are very prominent.

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE
I can't pin point what it is on this model, but everything seems to be "rounded" on it, lack of edge definitions on a lot of elements of the watch

The first thing I saw reading your post is the inner side of the crown guards..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk