• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5167 rubber band: OEM vs 3K vs ZF vs Ebay cheapie vs others on 3K Aquanaut

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Hi all,
I recently received the 3K Aquanaut from my TD and have been very happy with this purchase. I have read some information on the rubber band quality from different manufacturers and learned that people generally prefer the ZF over 3K. There are some OEM rubber band I can grab from Ebay around $100 - does the 3K rep clasp accept OEM rubber bands? How much more comfort would a superior quality rubber band bring? What are some other differences? Thanks all

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
What I found is that the gen straps have some sort of "built-in" or "hidden" end links as I have pointed out in the gen pictures below:

Reactions: 2841

Alexfis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/4/20
SO who does make the best one? It would be nice if rubber B just made them to tbh... Id be happy spending 150 for one as I cant seem to find any Gen rubbers

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
SO who does make the best one? It would be nice if rubber B just made them to tbh... Id be happy spending 150 for one as I cant seem to find any Gen rubbers

I am on the waitlist for rubber B and also have some OEM ones coming. My wrist is slim so I can grab an OEM for cheap.

ZF seems more gen like and has the "hidden" end link feature as I demonstrated above.

I found 3K one kinda stiff and does not hug my wrist well.

Alexfis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/4/20
I am on the waitlist for rubber B and also have some OEM ones coming. My wrist is slim so I can grab an OEM for cheap.

ZF seems more gen like and has the "hidden" end link feature as I demonstrated above.

I found 3K one kinda stiff and does not hug my wrist well.

Yeah additionally the 3K with rubber comes with those stupid engravings and I am definitely not paying 80$ for them!

Felixle7

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/4/11
As I received my GEN rubber strap i now only lack of the clasp now. Is it possible to order one without the rubber strap? Whats your opinion on the best factory rubber clasp. 3K or ZF?

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
As I received my GEN rubber strap i now only lack of the clasp now. Is it possible to order one without the rubber strap? Whats your opinion on the best factory rubber clasp. 3K or ZF?

I have never seen the ZF clasp so cant help you here. Yet I guess plenty of people on this forum have ordered both the ZF and 3K aquanaut and tell you the difference.

ethanbna

Looking Around
13/6/20
UGH!!!! accidentally cut my ZF aquanaut brown rubber strap too short!!!
does anyone know if anyone sells the ZF rubber strap?

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
Sort of a “hold your breath moment” to trim these straps...I left mine slightly big and actually enjoy this fit on this watch.