• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3KF Nautilus vs PPF Nautilus

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
3K bezel seems a tad wider than PPF. Not sure which one is more gen like but if I was to pick one, I'd say PPF is closer to gen.

The CGs on the 3K look nice but that big first link is a deal breaker.

3K dial does look better but they definitely need to improve their datewheel.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
If you can understand what the speaker is saying, you will definitely laugh at how his sales pitch goes. He points out all the good things 3K has; for the bad things on the 3K, he always points to other factories and says all other reps in the market have the same problem.

Makoto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/2/20
Thank you for sharing this video. I’ve been waiting to see a side by side comparison.

imo solely off of looks the PPF v3 is the better choice on and off wrist due to the fact that :

1. Links are not oversized
2. Movement is engraved
3. On the wrist the protruding crown is negligible

Yes, The dial on the 3k looks incredible and so does the crown, but the large links are way more noticeable than the PPFs protruding crown.

On the other hand the 3k’s clone movement is definitely a huge step, but the watch hasn’t been out long enough to confirm the reliability of the movement.

Furthermore, having a clone movement that isn’t engraved, defeats the whole purpose to me.

If 3k engraves the movement and adjusts the shape of the links on the next version, then PPF might have something to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
Thank you for sharing this video. I’ve been waiting to see a side by side comparison.

imo solely off of looks the PPF v3 is the better choice on and off wrist due to the fact that :

1. Links are not oversized
2. Movement is engraved
3. On the wrist the protruding crown is negligible

Yes, The dial on the 3k looks incredible and so does the crown, but the large links are way more noticeable than the PPFs protruding crown.

On the other hand the 3k’s clone movement is definitely a huge step, but the watch hasn’t been out long enough to confirm the reliability of the movement.

Furthermore, having a clone movement that isn’t engraved, defeats the whole purpose to me.

If 3k engraves the movement and adjusts the shape of the links on the next version, then PPF might have something to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what you mean.

However, two very divisive watches. The contention will go on for a long time

I see it this way;

Crown guards, crown and hinge . Great on 3K not good on PPF and very obvious

Date wheel Much better on 3K

Dial way better on 3K

Movement infinitely better on 3K Engraving not important to me

First link better on PPF, no way a deal breaker compared to the terrible crown and CG of the PPF

marcoxxxx84

17/4/17
Bezel is completely wrong on both
ppf crown is horrible
why they can’t improve this 2 things!

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
First link better on PPF, no way a deal breaker compared to the terrible crown and CG of the PPF

I am waiting for more people's opinion about the dial color. Regarding the first center link, I agree with you. And I believe they intentionally did the center link wrong so that people will keep paying a premium for the version of the watch.

Reactions: Makoto

srhoque

28/11/18
Would anyone change their opinion if the comparison was between 3K and a PF/PPF Hybrid (PF Case+Bracelet and PPF Dial+Hands)?

I am still not convinced that the 3K is "better". Blue is a tough one, the gen blue produces infinite shades depending on lighting and angle. Also to my eyes, the lume color on hands+marker seem better on the PPF (slightly greyish compared to the whiter shade on 3k)

Reactions: Nivka and Makoto

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Would anyone change their opinion if the comparison was between 3K and a PF/PPF Hybrid (PF Case+Bracelet and PPF Dial+Hands)?

I am still not convinced that the 3K is "better". Blue is a tough one, the gen blue produces infinite shades depending on lighting and angle. Also to my eyes, the lume color on hands+marker seem better on the PPF (slightly greyish compared to the whiter shade on 3k)

I agree about the lume. But the blue can’t be changed, whereas hands and indices can be relumed. if the blue looks as good in real life pics I’m gonna put it in my pf

shaw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/20
South Korea

I agree with this. I think the large end link breaks the symmetry of the watch. And it will be noticeable each time I will look at my wrist. Whereas, PPFs protruding crown is not much noticeable. In the end, its upto which flaws we can accept, I can take protruding crown over the larger link.

GBB_19NHS

Known Member
12/2/15
UK
i am currently comparing the new version of the ppf nautilus and the "super clone" version from 3kf. Seems the ppf is about 0.2mm thicker than the other one but otherwise I dont know if the higher price warrants the 3kf version?

I am currently leaning towards the ppf

GBB_19NHS

Known Member
12/2/15
UK
actually went back to Patek website last night and the crown at least on the gold version of this watch doesnt look that different from the PPF one. Its certainly not as spiky as the one on the 3KF version (at least not from the 360 video on their website).

TonySoprano1

12/6/13
I have a 3k on the way, blue dial.

I'll review in various lights when I get it for you guys. Should be within the week.

Reactions: timnic54

GBB_19NHS

Known Member
12/2/15
UK
once you have it can you please also show how the crown looks like? I am still not sure how the 3kf is better than the original given how it looks like on patek wesbite.

much appreciated

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
actually went back to Patek website last night and the crown at least on the gold version of this watch doesnt look that different from the PPF one. Its certainly not as spiky as the one on the 3KF version (at least not from the 360 video on their website).

Bear in mind that those pics are 3d renders and not production models

srhoque

28/11/18
Will pf or ppf bracelet fit 3kf?

Probably not is my guess. There has been a lot of comments/concerns on the first bracelet mid-link to be too big (wide) on the 3K. This means the 3K case cut-out is wider too.

Last edited: