• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3k nautilus vs aquanaut

Brunello65

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/19
Thanks for the great info on new releases here , Patek is the only rep I never bought but with things changing now I am looking forward to get my first pp rep. Looks like both nautilus white dial or aquanaut are the ones to go for. Between these two what is the recommendation?

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Ignoring the reps for a minute and just picking between a Nautilus or an Aquanaut, the Nautilus no doubt feels more special, more of an occasion to wear it, more flashy... but the Aquanaut is just hands down a better overall watch! I may get shot down for that, but I believe it’s true. It’s more subtle, more versatile, more comfortable by a country mile, clearer to read (if you actually use your watches for telling the time) and more modern (as much as I dig the Nautilus anyone would have to admit it’s design is pretty dated)!

There I said it... buy an Aquanaut instead of a Nautilus!

DC

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Aquanaut is a bit more versatile dial, dress it up or down and it still looks great on wrist. But the Nautilus is the "step up" cousin - more elegant and as said above - needs an occasion to wear. Unless your lifestyle matches it, hard to justify the Nautilus as an everyday watch (I know that we wear watches to satisfy ourselves but still the Nautilus draws more attention). I can wear the aquanaut on rubber strap anytime without hesitation ;)

Coming to reps, I still think the modded PF/PPF hybrid is a visually better Nautilus (both white and blue dials). But the 3K Aquanaut is at a different level, that's the one to get (have one on the way).

Last edited:

Brunello65

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/19
I will go 3k Aquanaut too for now and then go for Nautilus for later revisions

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
I have both , but if I could only keep one it would be the Aquanaut

It is not only a better watch but also a better Rep IMO

TidusKun

Renowned Member
28/9/19
R Factory
Imo aquanaut... The major dive watches such as Rolex, omega, ap are all stick/circle lume markers and don't have nice Arabic lume markers on their flagship watches like the pp and the aquanaut

Jasonteokinhow

Looking Around
4/5/20
How about the rose gold? Is the quality as good? Any reviews on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srhoque

28/11/18
How about the rose gold? Is the quality as good? Any reviews on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 3K gold color looks way off in pics so far. Also if the Gold lasts as many days as they charge for this rep, that would be a winner :D:D

Reactions: timnic54

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Ignoring the reps for a minute and just picking between a Nautilus or an Aquanaut, the Nautilus no doubt feels more special, more of an occasion to wear it, more flashy... but the Aquanaut is just hands down a better overall watch! I may get shot down for that, but I believe it’s true. It’s more subtle, more versatile, more comfortable by a country mile, clearer to read (if you actually use your watches for telling the time) and more modern (as much as I dig the Nautilus anyone would have to admit it’s design is pretty dated)!

There I said it... buy an Aquanaut instead of a Nautilus!

DC

I completely agree with you on this comparison. For me the Aquanaut is #1 followed closely by the Nautilus as my second choice. :)

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
If we were to add the ZF Aquanaut Singapore edition to the mix, what would the pick be?

3K Nautilus vs 3K Aquanaut vs ZF Aquanaut Singapore?

Really like the red