• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Nautilus Review

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Everyone seems to go for the white dial although in general blue is more popular and more attractive (in my opinion), anyone has any experience with the 5711 on a blue dial?? And if so which version is better PPF or 3KF? Thank you in advance

Read and please don‘t let this 5711 question become the new „Who has the best Sub?“

BuckBrown

Horology Curious
30/12/19
The 3K movement is clone, but the rest is far from good. The PF/PPF hybrid build is still king of the hill, and people even starting putting the 3K movement into their PF cases.

Would a TD make a hybrid of the PF/PPF if requested?

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
That would be a terrible idea. Td's don't know anything about watches they are traders. Good and honest traders, but traders

I wonder if the factories and/or TD's know the mods we are doing. They will change their production and marketing strategy accordingly I bet.

Allabouttime

Certified
27/4/20
riginally posted by paulvillo View Post
[mention]timnic54 [/mention] and [mention]Blaithin [/mention] thanks a lot for this! You’ve made my day!
Taking the plunge ASAP!
Cheers!

Yeah I have the same sentiments. You are really making me head for a white dial.

Nathanjack1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/9/18
Antwerp Belgium
I'm thinking of buying a 5711 rep. Which will be the best the PPF v3 or the 3KF? If the PPF would have a smaller bezel i would buy it in a heartbeat, but it really bothers me that the bezel is fatter.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I'm thinking of buying a 5711 rep. Which will be the best the PPF v3 or the 3KF? If the PPF would have a smaller bezel i would buy it in a heartbeat, but it really bothers me that the bezel is fatter.

Build a PPF/PF white dial hybrid. Nothing else will satisfy you according to what you said.

Jasonteokinhow

Looking Around
4/5/20
I think after all these years it not that after so many versions they still can’t master to perfect it! But a business model not to do so. Think about it, if they really did we wld all buy 1 piece of copy and that’s it! There wouldn’t be any other version to sell to you anymore! Thus I feel, they deliberately do so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srhoque

28/11/18
Rainbowkin thanks,
Any idea if somebody has a PPF/PF hybrid with blue dial? I'm not really a handyman with modding these.

Mine is being built now (Blue PF/PPF hybrid), will post pics later. Here is the white dial one with all the usual mods. I still think this is the way to go for now. The clone movement needs to prove itself while the Miyota is rock solid.

Christos83

Horology Curious
13/5/20
The PPF model on its own is it noticeable that it's a replica with naked eye? The thing with the Nautilus 5711 is that not a lot of people wear it as it's so hard to get (plus so expensive for a steel model) so comparison with the original is a long shot.

DrMaRcO

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/20
Reactions: Christos83

jm2110

Horology Curious
31/8/13
I spoke by email with Jennifer from pure time about ordering the 3KF model and she replied to me...Hi, It is made by 3KF. Please note the finishing isn't that good. We recommend https://puretimewatch.io/nautilus-5...ed-dial-on-ss-bracelet-324cs-free-box-v3.html
which is the best in the market , so my question will be which is actually better than those two versions?

I contacted Jennifer as I am also interested in the piece as I think it looks very close to the gen.

https://www.horobox.com/en/review-detail/nautilus-5711-r-001-incelemesi

She clarified her comments above to mean in general PPF is considered the best rep of the 5711 over 3k and nothing about the particular finishing on this RG model on leather.

Reactions: hahamen

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
I contacted Jennifer as I am also interested in the piece as I think it looks very close to the gen.

https://www.horobox.com/en/review-detail/nautilus-5711-r-001-incelemesi

She clarified her comments above to mean in general PPF is considered the best rep of the 5711 over 3k and nothing about the particular finishing on this RG model on leather.

TD's don't know anything about watches. They are traders. Look at the reviews look at the photos , decide which of the flaws you personally can accept (They all have some) and make your choice.

Reactions: RonP

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Mine is being built now

Thanks for posting. A minor tell I found is on the center cannon pinion tip: The gen is recessed, while the miyota 9015 movement has protruding center pinion tip. I think Keylog74 had Spongebob modded his 5711's center pinion as this

kj9gY.png

Though still protruding, it looks much nicer. On the white 5711 the protrusion is much less obvious than on the blue 5711, because the black paint on the hands reflects little light and hence makes the protruding center pinion almost invisible.

The unmodded center pinion, as we can see in many pictures of the blue 5711 using miyota 9015 movement, arouses and yells right at you.

Last edited: