• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Nautilus Review

Alexfis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/4/20
We (Keylog, Spongebob, me) didn‘t plan anything yet as i am aware...

and i am not sure when or if there will be some effort put into this as it is a different task than to make DWOs.

Oh wow, the whole reason for me getting the 3KF Aquanaut was actually waiting it out for your guys Datewheel. Thanks for the update I appreciate it. Maybe one day :)

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Oh wow, the whole reason for me getting the 3KF Aquanaut was actually waiting it out for your guys Datewheel. Thanks for the update I appreciate it. Maybe one day :)

I know that many people count on a custom DW and of course it is possible to do but unless there is enough energy from each side of this project i doubt it can be achieved like back in the day with several iterations of the 5711/5167 DWO.

The whole project was only possible because of Keylog74 and Spongebob endless energy to push things forward. And a bit involvement of my utopian desire to achieve perfection regarding the digital files haha

As i said in another post on the dedicated thread - the file is the least of the problems but the production of a whole DW with teeth that come with matching tolerances to the stock DW.

without derailing this beautiful review thread any further i can recommend you the Date wheel thread.

Reactions: Keylog74

Riverwind85

26/4/18
[mention]BIONONE [/mention] just a question, why can’t be done as a simple overlie?
I think a modder/watchmaker can thin down the 3kf datewheel and blue the overlie?
Am I wrong?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
[mention]BIONONE [/mention] just a question, why can’t be done as a simple overlie?
I think a modder/watchmaker can thin down the 3kf datewheel and blue the overlie?
Am I wrong?

I doubt it is a good idea to thin down a 0.17mm piece of brass to put another piece on top while there are already little tolerances du to the movements thinness. Tests will have to be made to state the facts - as for now it is based on rational presumptions. Of course nothing valid as for now - but you can imagine the watch is so thin because of certain reasons.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
You mean gen is a stunner or this exact rep?

I am sure either or both are stunners, but I am usually not too excited about reps on leather with an integrated end link. The rep leather straps are usually crap, and attaching a replacement is difficult as the rep end link is not 1:1 to the gen.

Reactions: Cadows

PAC

Known Member
1/12/18
I received my 3 K Nautilus from Trusty today

The watch has the white dial. I chose white because the blue dial can almost never be right.
PP themselves have made many variations on colour and finish. The white dial is easier to replicate and 3K have done a great job on what appears to be a pre 2018 dial ( There are many greater PP experts here please correct me if I am wrong about the dials chronology)

Dial hands and print, including date wheel are excellent to the eye and even good through a loupe Date wheel seems nicely centered.The markers look well finished, corners could be better rounded, but this is only visible with a loupe. The white has a nice slightly ivory hue which lends an air of very high quality and at the same time exudes genuineness.

The case is very well finished and the brushing and polish is very gen like . Weight seems right and everything functions smoothly and feels very solid . The crystal is clear and well set and the crown sits perfectly

From the back the 324 clone movement looks superbly finished The script is laser printed rather than engraved (This has been addressed extensively in threads relating to the Aquanaut from 3K) Rotor doesn't seem noisy to me

The band feels very smooth and has the right degree of articulation. It has no sharp edges and feels very well made.
The clasp works well and is firm when closed.
The polished part closest to the watch is a few microns too big to my eye, but it isn't that obvious on the wrist.

Overall the watch is very gen like and an amazingly good replication of the original (Which I have owned in the past)

We live at an incredible time. A time where for less than $600 we can buy a rep of a watch costing 30 times as much. A watch with an almost perfectly cloned movement. Ironically a movement which due to its exactness even suffers the inherent faults of the Gen. That is to say that the second hand , due to it's remote operation can stutter slightly in certain positions.

This watch is a game changer. IMHO anyone who buys a gen in place of this is completely crazy.

The gen will give you nothing that this watch doesn't offer

It is 100% NWBIG

Nothing will ever be the same since 3k made this movement and Noob made the 4130 Not to mention some great Panerai clones from VSF.

This is the golden age of Rep watches. Enjoy and indulge

Some photos

49787928417_978e088d8e_o.jpg

49787073968_478ba3ac57_o.jpg

49787070748_d39b4cd0a3_o.jpg

49787075458_4157bba583_o.jpg

49787936092_6cef9bdede_o.jpg

49787613188_8d2ec3185c_o.jpg

49787642633_1c905e6260_o.jpg

49790845588_de5aa7fee8_o.jpg

49787139348_8a42fa1121_o.jpg

I don’t care what anyone say, that is one good looking watch

Anadrol5

14/10/18
There is a new version of 3KF blue Nautilus on trusty. I think they changed the dial colour and fixed the date font. But the weak logo print remains.

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
Guys, I need some help.

I'm in love with PP Nautilus 5711 Rose Gold and leather strap (https://trustytime.shop/index.php?ma...ducts_id=21305)

What happens is, to my taste the best dial is PF but I could live with 3K dial. But, new 3K movement is a mess in case you need to get serviced.

So my first option is 5711 RG PF with leather strap but I can not find it at any trusted dealer.

Do you know where can I get this piece (PF)?. Last option is 3K version

Thanks in advance

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Yes a stunner for about three weeks till the gold paint wears off. If they made it in even 14k I would buy it.

Whenever you want YG/RG watch, buy steel version and send it to The Time Preserve in US (replica friendly) and they will do the best job for $250 watch and 250$ bracelet. It will never fall off or even fade for few years minimum.

Reactions: fire007

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Whenever you want YG/RG watch, buy steel version and send it to The Time Preserve in US (replica friendly) and they will do the best job for $250 watch and 250$ bracelet. It will never fall off or even fade for few years minimum.

Thanks for the tip. Do you know how the plating will look? I mean will brushed surfaces still look brushed and polished would look polished, or?