• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Nautilus Review

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
Thank you timnic54 for your great review, I've always enjoyed reading your reviews (and Blaithin for his additional comments).
With so many black and blue dials in my collection I was thinking of another white dialled watch. I was originally thinking of the VC overseas that you reviewed (a while back now) and I'm guessing both would work in a collection as the VC is a little more sporty on the rubber strap. I know that the Patek kind of bridges the gap between dress and sport watch but how does it feel on the wrist?
One of the biggest things for me I've found over years is that I have a lot of watches that I like but rarely wear as they aren't really that comfortable! so I usually end up going with something that feels good on the wrist (gen or rep).

Generally I love rubber and gator bands and dislike steel bracelets. As far as steel bracelets go I would say IMHO the 5711 bracelet is probably the most comfortable . The 3K rendition of it equally so.
That said I think overall the Aquanaut is the more comfortable everyday watch. Both comparing to the Nautilus and in absolute terms.

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
Great review buddy, thanks for taking out your time for writing this review. Just one question, did the Nautilus too come in the travel pouch like the aquanaut?

Reactions: timnic54

Hertzen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/20
Might be a stupid question - but aren't dial indexes darker on a gen? Or there we different Mks? Yet to see gen 5711 white in person.

Also, great review! The watch itself looks great on photos, albeit endlinks are not the same as it was mentioned before.

Keylog74

14/6/13
This is a very good watch overall but the lume on the markers is definitely to gray. Hands on the other side looks spot on!

The inner date window looks to be poorly finished ''cut' and the surrounding is a bit to high. The date is left justified just like on the aquanaut.

Since the gen dw sits almost same as this it makes me believe that the measurements of the dial are not 1:1 to gen. (position wise at least)

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
Generally I love rubber and gator bands and dislike steel bracelets. As far as steel bracelets go I would say IMHO the 5711 bracelet is probably the most comfortable . The 3K rendition of it equally so.
That said I think overall the Aquanaut is the more comfortable everyday watch. Both comparing to the Nautilus and in absolute terms.

Thanks timnic54, I agree on your assessment on rubber straps, what I like is the fact that they have some give in them to compensate for wrist size fluctuation through the day. I just noticed your review of the 3K Aquanaut and will head over to read that too.

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
Thanks timnic54, I agree on your assessment on rubber straps, what I like is the fact that they have some give in them to compensate for wrist size fluctuation through the day. I just noticed your review of the 3K Aquanaut and will head over to read that too.

Aquanaut is so very comfortable as a daily wear

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
Interesting 3K/Gen comparison I can see a difference but I can't see 20 Gs

49796254018_b342a2cfe4_o.jpg

49795701361_d9599ac98b_o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
If you finally select the blue dial Make sure you calibrate you computer screen before checking photos.

While this is a good general advice, it's unfortunately useless as you need to have the whole chain calibrated for this to work (chain being here : camera + screen) . I would bet that pictures taken by TDs for their website are made on non calibrated camera & screen (I would be surprised to see a color chart being used and used correctly in post process).

I'm afraid in regards to accuracy towards gen, it's a wild guess until someone has it in hand and can give his impression and even that rely on his own impression, we've seen it here, most people have different expectations, feeling and seeing of the accurate blue dial color.

In the end, it's a good thing, all those variations available in the gen & the rep make it that you can choose the color you like the most or flip it in M2M, they rarely stick around long those 5711

The simplest way currently to look at picture on a somewhat calibrated screen, is to look at them on any iPhone or iPad screen as they are pretty well calibrated out of the box

Reactions: gilrob

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
While this is a good general advice, it's unfortunately useless as you need to have the whole chain calibrated for this to work (chain being here : camera + screen) . I would bet that pictures taken by TDs for their website are made on non calibrated camera & screen (I would be surprised to see a color chart being used and used correctly in post process).

I'm afraid in regards to accuracy towards gen, it's a wild guess until someone has it in hand and can give his impression and even that rely on his own impression, we've seen it here, most people have different expectations, feeling and seeing of the accurate blue dial color.

In the end, it's a good thing, all those variations available in the gen & the rep make it that you can choose the color you like the most or flip it in M2M, they rarely stick around long those 5711

The simplest way currently to look at picture on a somewhat calibrated screen, is to look at them on any iPhone or iPad screen as they are pretty well calibrated out of the box

Valid point. This thread got me interested to look at the blue dial (I have too many white) but, intime and jtime dont seem to list maker 3kf. Is this factory a rename of another factory?

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
I have a blue dial on it's way to me. I will post some calibrated true colour photos of the dial. Light will still play a big part in how it appears. I will use natural diffused sunlight. This will still be useless in comparison with heavily manipulated photos produced by sellers and Manufarturers. But may give an idea ast how the dial looks .

SKnight

8/7/19
Just being self indulgent

Looks awesome on the wrist. What a great watch !

49800754837_64e27efaca_o.jpg

I initially wasn't a fan, but the more I look at it the more I like and want it.

Maybe, its because I've been watching Tiger King on Netflix but the dial reminds me of a white Siberian tiger!!

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Valid point. This thread got me interested to look at the blue dial (I have too many white) but, intime and jtime dont seem to list maker 3kf. Is this factory a rename of another factory?

Just contact them and ask them for the 3kf, they don't list everything on their website :)

I have a blue dial on it's way to me. I will post some calibrated true colour photos of the dial. Light will still play a big part in how it appears. I will use natural diffused sunlight. This will still be useless in comparison with heavily manipulated photos produced by sellers and Manufarturers. But may give an idea ast how the dial looks .

If you have or can get a small color chart card, you can really diminish the importance of the lights, still micro contrast and micro color difference will exist, but anyone looking at your pic with a calibrated screen will be able to see what you see :)

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
If you have or can get a small color chart card, you can really diminish the importance of the lights, still micro contrast and micro color difference will exist, but anyone looking at your pic with a calibrated screen will be able to see what you see :)

I have one somewhere I will dig it out and do the best I can.

Principium

Supporter
Certified
15/3/20
PPF V3 looks great i think

7bc0569750ba5a2f6e6d56f0121e8a88.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk