• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just got in one of my two 3KF Nautilus , what do you guys think?

JvanniMan123

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
19/2/19
Honestly I think no Nautilus rep is actually really good, I mean I can't compare a Nautilus to something that has a Miyota movement Im sorry, but when we talk about a 30k watch that has an open caseback, the movement should not even dare to be a miyota inside (in my honest opinion). Now why they don't just use a closed caseback Nautilus make a super rep of that , put a reliable and CHEAP ETA clone inside is beyond me. Would make sense to do that from the beginning, I don't think most people buy a 600$ Nautilus rep because its EXACTLY the 5711 I think they want well... a NAUTILUS be it 3700 or 3800.

Reactions: pompompurin

wNe

O.G.
27/11/11
Pf has bad dials... so white dial ppf in my opinion is the best ootb

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Bro I’m speaking just about the case and bracelet. We both will change dials etc to gen..

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Honestly I think no Nautilus rep is actually really good, I mean I can't compare a Nautilus to something that has a Miyota movement Im sorry, but when we talk about a 30k watch that has an open caseback, the movement should not even dare to be a miyota inside (in my honest opinion). Now why they don't just use a closed caseback Nautilus make a super rep of that , put a reliable and CHEAP ETA clone inside is beyond me. Would make sense to do that from the beginning, I don't think most people buy a 600$ Nautilus rep because its EXACTLY the 5711 I think they want well... a NAUTILUS be it 3700 or 3800.

I agree about the closed caseback but they can only do the 3800 since we have a clone and the 335 is similar to 324 movement.
For 3700 we don’t have any movement at all that thin, it can be used the same miyota nodded like the ap 15202. I personally would like a real copy of the 3700, I am doing a franken with gen hands, dial, movement with a mbw but the watch will be much thicker than the gen if I don’t find a solution.
Then I love the new clone and I really do think it can work out in a real good case, not the flawed 3k case!

JvanniMan123

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
19/2/19
I agree about the closed caseback but they can only do the 3800 since we have a clone and the 335 is similar to 324 movement.
For 3700 we don’t have any movement at all that thin, it can be used the same miyota nodded like the ap 15202. I personally would like a real copy of the 3700, I am doing a franken with gen hands, dial, movement with a mbw but the watch will be much thicker than the gen if I don’t find a solution.
Then I love the new clone and I really do think it can work out in a real good case, not the flawed 3k case!

The movement is absolutely amazing, have the 3KF Aquanaut (on steel, had one on rubber as well which I didn't like wrong engravings plus the rubber quality not that good) I kept the steel and put on leather, its crazy how good the movement is . Only the date wheel bothers me like crazy, every day it bothers me more and more. How much do gen datewheels usually go for?

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Not the price it is about finding the parts...
But I am sure that a datewheel will be done for that

JvanniMan123

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
19/2/19
Not the price it is about finding the parts...
But I am sure that a datewheel will be done for that

True that , but I know a guy with plenty of 5712 and couple 5711 parts (dials mostly), but he wants ridiculous prices like 3k for a dial that's used etc. But cant find a single person who has the datewheel cause the 5167 3KF dial is great

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
So the comparison is not perfect because the 2 pics were not taken exactly at the same angle, but it's close. I'll let everyone judge for themselves but IMO the bezel is slightly too wide, like with the PPF. at the bottom it looks good but at the top and if you compare the side it does look like the polished part is too small, which is because the brushed part is too wide/angle too steep.

You can also clearly see the difference of size regarding the 1st link

Thank you for the comparison photo. I have a feeling it will be a long while before 3KF gets their 5711 right. Back to waiting again but I'm used to it.

Reactions: Nivka and Tobel

k94n99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/20
Thank you for the comparison photo. I have a feeling it will be a long while before 3KF gets their 5711 right. Back to waiting again but I'm used to it.

How close to genuine do you need it to be? there is no perfect replica. You’ll be waiting your entire life for something that most probably will not happen. They’ll rectify one issue with the watch and create another. I say this with respect

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
How close to genuine do you need it to be? there is no perfect replica. You’ll be waiting your entire life for something that most probably will not happen. They’ll rectify one issue with the watch and create another. I say this with respect

Sent from the RWI App

I'm quite aware that there is no perfect rep, I also been following the 324 SC clone movement development when it was initially started by the V6F. When the dials are on par with those from PPF, bezel width corrected and if they actually engraved the movement I might consider this watch. It'll be awhile, that is just how it works.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
May u show us more details of movement pictures? Thx

Last edited by a moderator:

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I have a PPF V3 blue dial and a 3K blue dial incoming. When they arrive I will do a detailed side by side, same camera, same lighting, same positions etc to make a comparison.

Unfortunately I don’t have a gen to do a comparison with!

Honestly, when I think back to the first Nautilus reps I bought 8 years ago (DG2813 movement and SW200 movement) and then see people moaning about end links and dial colour on the 3K it makes me laugh. All we used to talk about back then was the movement giving the watch away, the rest was miles off and we didn’t care coz it was the best there was. Now we almost have it all and we’re still not happy. Honestly those movement QC shots if you showed me them without a gen next to them I’d believe they were gen, and I know Patek!!!

There is no pleasing some people... “that’s just what Jesus said Sir”... (anyone who gets that reference earns my respect haha).

DC

Supergoose

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/20
Kent
I have a PPF V3 blue dial and a 3K blue dial incoming. When they arrive I will do a detailed side by side, same camera, same lighting, same positions etc to make a comparison.

Honestly, when I think back to the first Nautilus reps I bought 8 years ago (DG2813 movement and SW200 movement) and then see people moaning about end links and dial colour on the 3K it makes me laugh. All we used to talk about back then was the movement giving the watch away, the rest was miles off and we didn’t care coz it was the best there was. Now we almost have it all and we’re still not happy. Honestly those movement QC shots if you showed me them without a gen next to them I’d believe they were gen, and I know Patek!!!

There is no pleasing some people... “that’s just what Jesus said Sir”... (anyone who gets that reference earns my respect haha).

DC

I can see the quality of watches has come a long way. I'm fairly new to the game, especially with Patek. Some of the stuff amazes me. I am just about to order a 3k or PF Nautilus with a white face. I will probably put some gen bits on the watch at some point just because I know someone that will sell some parts to me and it will please me, I love to tinker.

With this whole lockdown thing going on I wish I had a local guy to do some work for me, travelling into London is off for a while.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I can see the quality of watches has come a long way. I'm fairly new to the game, especially with Patek. Some of the stuff amazes me. I am just about to order a 3k or PF Nautilus with a white face. I will probably put some gen bits on the watch at some point just because I know someone that will sell some parts to me and it will please me, I love to tinker.

With this whole lockdown thing going on I wish I had a local guy to do some work for me, travelling into London is off for a while.

Wish I could help but I’m the wrong side of the Thames so all the people I know are here in Essex!

DC

andre233

1/8/13

DC

Hey mate, any news on the side by side?

TommyCruise

Horology Curious
9/11/20
Some of you guys make me laugh not buying because it is slightly off from the gen.. 99% of the people you meet/know will never have even seen a gen let alone have one to compare it to yours, if you like the watch buy it don’t wait for v3737474 to be perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: rongxike and thenut