• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is The Nautilus of my Friend a Gen

Error

Horology Curious
7/3/20
Germany
He said, he got the watching from his father, who is living far away and dosen‘t write him back or calls him on Christmas, new year or his birthday. And his Familie isn‘t poor but not rich enough for such a watch.

My friend also likes to post his watch on Snapchat/Instagram all the time... 24/7.

So I got interested and I want to know if it is a real watch or a replica. The picture might be bad because I needed to take the pictures fast. So I ask some People on reddit what they thought of the Nautilus and they said it is obviously a Quoat shitty replica from an U Factory. I looked up a actual Picture of the Nautilus 5711 and it was obivous that it was a replica. I decided to not tell my friend that i know it.

We meet and we were Talking about Watches. He said he needed to give his Watch back to his dad (who lifes far away) because he needs to sell it. I did say nothing about it. I told him about my Daytona Replica, he seems quit outraged as i said replica. Then he states that he will buy a Quoat REAL ROLEX unlike my trash and he also can't understand why i am doing this because only the real thing is real. The Ironie was to big, so i told him his Nautilus was fake. I pointed out all the flaws of the watch. Now he was getting realy angry. He was arguing wiht me, he got ithe watch from his Father and this and that blabla. He also told me his Father bought the Version from 1983. Didn't find any Nautilus that looked like that. He left outraged. I am Feeling terrible, perhaps he was right. So i want to be sure if it is real a fake or a gen.
If this is the wrong place to post, please excuse me. I am new to this Forum

Thank you for you help. Have a nice day and stay healthy.

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
This gonna be golden material as a pastime for quarantine:popcorn2:

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Error

Horology Curious
7/3/20
Germany
Because of the ironic answers can I conclude that the watch is in fact a cheap replica. But how should I confront my friend about that, just what is wrong with him...

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Just tell him it’s fake! Call his punk ass out. Never mind your here on a replica forum and should just let him enjoy it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Error

Horology Curious
7/3/20
Germany
Ah yes sorry I forgot. Don‘t want insult anyone but I am to open about such things. I already and also will tell all people that I wear a replica, because I feel kinda shady when I don‘t tell them also I don‘t want to lose the trust of people. Perhaps he want it to be hidden but I talk with many people who know him good to just heard of him. They all seem to know that he wants to be someone what he just isn‘t.

What surprise me is he normally comes of as quit confident, but I think he has often the fear of rejection or the fear of being lonely. He has also most of the time contact with girls and he is not bad with girl but also not great he gets some girlfriend here and there. His relationship Typ is Nice Guy (with attention and all the loving shit) First i though because that is his Methode of getting the girls, which is a part but I also thing he wants the same in returne.

Especially he framed his lie with is father, who hasn‘t any interest in my friend, perhaps as a coping mechanism of the feeling of loss. He also said today as i was talking about the watch „My mother hates when I get present from my father haha“. Most likely a lie to support the realness of his watch (creating a separation situation or fact supports normally the reality of thinks) and perhaps also to desired state of relationship he wants from his father.

He probably wants to feel valuable to others and the watch is just a symptom of how he sees his value, not realizing what he actually needs is to be accepted by himself and feel comfortable about sharing that with others.

Well ok, a bit to much Psychoanalyse...