• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe Rare Handcrafts 5089G “Azulejos” (-062) enamel watch - The art of eternity

semperfi55

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/18
UK
Patek Philippe has made these rare handcraft enamel dials to pay tribute to the Azulejos in Geneve. It’s made by the same technique where the artist paints the motif layer by layer. The Azulejos is a centuries old artistry of Arabic origin, which gained widespread recognition in Portugal and Spain. It consists of multiple ceramic painted tiles which make up a painting, decorating the exterior and interior of buildings and monuments.

I never took the due diligence to figure out what Patek were portraying on the enamel. Thanks for the information. Oh man, first the VC Tourby, now this. And now with no social life, I'm faced with just your reviews. There is no escape! :lol:

With these type of watches, there is always the risk the reps come out looking cheap. But yours definitely belong in the subtle class camp. Bravo!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
thank you for your time writing this excellent review. I think I'm gonna throw all my doubts overboard and will buy this Beauty - but I like the 061 a little better.
For now i have the Patek Pilot in RG incoming... :thumbup:

Thanks mate! It took a lot of time. It almost takes as much time to write it, as it take to make the post (taking pictures, uploading them, putting in order, hyperlinks, text edit/spacing etc etc) :) but i enjoy the end result. Actually i like reading the review a few times afterwards. It's pleasing. And makes me love the watch even more.

I like the motif of the 061 "The Barge) also more than this, but the detailing doesn't look as good as this on pictures from some of the TD's, so i chose this to be safe. Please check it before you order, if it's okay.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
What an incredible review, I am too impressed by the way you prepare us to read about the rep, to the point that you already fell in love with the watch without having seen it.

Impressive all the data you collected about the types of enamel style there are, it is difficult to find such good information even in gen forums or in watch magazines, thank you for your time spent on it.

I will definitely buy this watch.

Haha you're right mate, it has to be a journey to read the review and you owe the reader to have done proper research. If you look at it, my reviews are always on rare pieces, i haven't done a review on a common/popular watch, because i believe i'm not there yet. Such review would require extensive knowledge and you owe people that. Like some in here are Rolex experts, my knowledge is nowhere near theirs, so i stay away from reviewing Rolex's for example (and also they don't say me much :) ).

Thanks for the compliment. You will enjoy it. Will look forward to see what strap you'll put on it. You have exquisite taste in straps my friend.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I never took the due diligence to figure out what Patek were portraying on the enamel. Thanks for the information. Oh man, first the VC Tourby, now this. And now with no social life, I'm faced with just your reviews. There is no escape! :lol:

With these type of watches, there is always the risk the reps come out looking cheap. But yours definitely belong in the subtle class camp. Bravo!

Hahaha mate, there really is no escape!
Yeah, there's a story behind, it's interesting.
Yeah mate, i was thinking the same, but at the release there were videos that showed the dial, convincing me.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
For me the Pilot and the Enamel Azuelos are the top 2

Yeah, these are top class watches, but i really love the 5070P, with functional chrono, but especially now that i've gotten a diamond fitted on the case. I love the 5205 also for it's modern look and functional calendar. The 5975 is a classy piece even though it has a busy dial. The calatrava is always a classic to have.

I think for the functionality the 5205 and 5070P are high. But for aesthetics the 5089 highest, the 5524, then the Calatrava's. The 5975 is somewhere in between.

paulvillo

Renowned Member
6/6/13
That was a great read! Not particularly a fan, but your review changed my perspective :)
Thanks mate!

SKnight

8/7/19
@jm_brc_7057
Great watch, even better review. You're an amazing storyteller.

Pleasure as always.

cheers

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
@jm_brc_7057
Great watch, even better review. You're an amazing storyteller.

Pleasure as always.

cheers

Thanks for the compliment :) It's a pleasure to write these reviews on these amazing pieces, that all have some interesting history behind.

klockjohan

El Patron
5/12/15
EU
As always, your review is impeccable. Again, highlighting the strong points of a somewhat unknown, yet desirable rep.
The story behind the original is well worth reading.
Thank you for keeping up the good work.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
As always, your review is impeccable. Again, highlighting the strong points of a somewhat unknown, yet desirable rep.
The story behind the original is well worth reading.
Thank you for keeping up the good work.

Thanks. Yes this rep surprised me. How desirable it can become with the right strap. It is important for the over all experience that the strap lifts the watch rather than pull it down.
Yeah. It was interesting for me also to research the story behind and getting the knowledge.

Appreciate it buddy.

Reactions: klockjohan

klockjohan

El Patron
5/12/15
EU
Thanks. Yes this rep surprised me. How desirable it can become with the right strap. It is important for the over all experience that the strap lifts the watch rather than pull it down.
Yeah. It was interesting for me also to research the story behind and getting the knowledge.

Appreciate it buddy.

I really like your choice of strap. It was a bold move to order a matching one.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
but will the new ones have it ? a v2 ?