• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Aquanaut review

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Ahhh yeah I think you are right. I didn’t even consider it could be for the 5165a... Given 3K has no model in that size you’d think a TD would know better. I’d maybe reach out to InTime and let them know. They may be willing to swap it for the correct one

Yeah me neither so I didn’t even think to confirm it, but I did mention it was for my 3KF.
I’ve cut the strap now (stupidly sliced a few strips off before trying to fit it ) so couldn’t send it back to replace. I’m currently using the clasp though, I’m thinking of just buying a rubber B in khaki.. just not a massive fan of the square design

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I have not followed this one in a while, but is the newer stock movements now updated and engraved like the Nautilus?

cetn_82

Horology Curious
29/3/13
Hi, I really love this watch! is there a reseller in Europe that I can contact?

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19
I have not followed this one in a while, but is the newer stock movements now updated and engraved like the Nautilus?

Yes V2 have engraved movement but they messed up the hand lumes badly which to me is an even bigger deal breaker now... what a pity

Reactions: THXuk

natasjames

22/10/12
I got a 3KF in the recent batch and hands look fine to me

Sent from the RWI App

It is good for u to share your watch photos.... if the lume color between hands and markers are not too much different, I will buy this.

Last edited:

APpee

22/4/20
London, UK
Something to note on recent 3KF batches, the bezel hasn’t been improved, its still wide.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
Things which have improved in the Latest Batch:
Bezel
Crown
Dial - They have graduated from the glossy to Matt dial which is more Gen like and the lume color on the Hour markers are of older Aquanaut models and they got the colour spot on.
Engraving on the movement - Looks much better than the older batches and still there is a room for improvement. Now it doesn't look like laser etched anymore.

Still needs improvements on:
Date Wheel - Compared to the skeletal numerals in the V1, this has vastly improved and they did get the font style right but the font thickness is bit smaller than the Gen and it is hardly Noticeable
Seconds Hand: If you look closely at the pinion of the second hand, they have missed the painting. That's an easy fix with the right modder...

Small mods are required for an OCD but overall a great OOTB and not going back to other factories at the moment. defects are hardly noticeable on the wrist unless you hand that over to a pro..

Reactions: Rel

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
Which is not a flaw - its correct for a PRE2009 model as this Rep is supposed to be a PRE2009 ;) Same for the Bezel ;)

Awesome, my OCD shall be at peace for now, then 3K Aquanaut is officially a NWBIG for a pre-2009 Gen? :cmaster:

Mindwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
22/5/18
Awesome, my OCD shall be at peace for now, then 3K Aquanaut is officially a NWBIG for a pre-2009 Gen? :cmaster:

I just check again some pictures on chron24 - there are some pre 2009 5167 or at least those which also have the "missing" SWISS MADE Text on the dial. Looks like it depends a little bit on the angle.

Either there are even some which have silver pionion cannon and some which have a white one or its related to view angle.

Pre 2009: https://www.chrono24.de/patekphilippe/patek-philippe-aquanaut--id16092590.htm

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
I can live without SWISS MADE in the bottom, since it wasn't actually made there.. Not sure about others though

Reactions: Rel