• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Aquanaut review

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Employees very hardely ever see an Aquanaut in person. I had to call more than 10 AD here in the states for them so answer a simple question of when the "swiss made" was put on a watch. On the Patek website they have a pre 2009 model. Almost everyone i talked to had no idea how to answer my question. So i would not sweat wearing an aquanaut replica into an AD. These watches are very hard to come by and if they do get any its only a handful a year.

Yeah I was talking especially about a rosegold Aquanaut rep. Not a steel one, these should be no problem.
But the weight difference between rose gold and steel is huge and a sales person doesn‘t need much experience with aquanauts to immediately notice that the watch doesn‘t have the weight it should have... :D

Last edited:

jacquy

26/9/18
Is the dial black or grey? I want to order that,but I can't understand the color.

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Waiting time seems to be very long atm.
I ordered 2 steel bracelet 3KF Aquanaut almost two weeks ago and still haven‘t received any QC pictures :/

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I haven't seen anyone receiving these watches the last couple of months

Sandman0209

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/11
Just wanted to post a update on my rose gold 3k and really funny story

Went to a high end Jewellery store with my girlfriend. Ended up sitting down to take a look at some products. We’re all sitting relatively close but with masks
Sales associate says “thats a very nice aquanaut, I love that watch”
I respond “ya it’s great, really love it”
then he says something I really didn’t expect to hear
“I worked at Patek for 7 years, I like that watch more than the nautilus personally, enjoy it!”

Past Patek associate could not tell the difference while sitting about 3 feet from me! Made me love this rep even more!

I have heard that even if it was obvious you are wearing a fake, they are trained not to comment on it and carry on the conversation as if it was a genuine. Otherwise, they would risk losing a sale.

Reactions: fettersack111

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
For 2007-2009 models the 3KF case and also the dial is correct as they had a little bit wider bezels and no "swiss made".
For modern models ZF case is correct aswell so none of them is incorrect.

Edit: Found the answer.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Just wanted to post a update on my rose gold 3k and really funny story

Went to a high end Jewellery store with my girlfriend. Ended up sitting down to take a look at some products. We’re all sitting relatively close but with masks
Sales associate says “thats a very nice aquanaut, I love that watch”
I respond “ya it’s great, really love it”
then he says something I really didn’t expect to hear
“I worked at Patek for 7 years, I like that watch more than the nautilus personally, enjoy it!”

Past Patek associate could not tell the difference while sitting about 3 feet from me! Made me love this rep even more!

I would agree with bosaftw , I think he was being polite. Frankly, i don't see anyone working in a jewellery store, not being able to see the difference between solid and plated gold from at least a few meters distance. Even if he hadn't worked at a Patek Philippe AD.

Reactions: Dmage

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I don't think I have found any v1.1 pictures in this thread. Only mentions of the updated datewheel in this thread and the "expected release date for v2 " on page 2 of this forum.

I haven't seen anyone receiving these watches the last couple of months

@anthonye

Regarding the v 1.1 discussion. I've just approved the QC for an 3K Aquanaut. It's from a non-TD here (it's TD at a sister forum).

I can attach the relevant QC photos regarding this matter, as i've approved them already.

I think this is a "v 1.1" as the date font is thicker than the V1.

Also it seems the gold markings are gone. Although there is something behind one lug, which can't be seen clearly. But it doesn't look like the engraving like in the early versions compared below:

Here is a picture from LuminorReptar for comparison:

QJXRF.jpg

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
@anthonye

Regarding the v 1.1 discussion. I've just approved the QC for an 3K Aquanaut. It's from a non-TD here (it's TD at a sister forum).

I can attach the relevant QC photos regarding this matter, as i've approved them already.

I think this is a "v 1.1" as the date font is thicker than the V1.

Also it seems the gold markings are gone. Although there is something behind one lug, which can't be seen clearly. But it doesn't look like the engraving like in the early versions compared below:

Here is a picture from LuminorReptar for comparison:

QJXRF.jpg

Date font does look a bit better

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Lol now that I have ordered a steel bracelet version + ZF rubber strap because steel versions didn‘t have the gold engravings they now release the rubber strap version without these engravings :D

I hope the ZF rubber and clasp is better than the 3KF one or it was all for nothing... $88 wasn‘t cheap for ZF rubber/clasp.
Waiting almost 3 weeks for QC pictures now.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Calibre16

31/1/12
Lol now that I have ordered a steel bracelet version + ZF rubber strap because steel versions didn‘t have the gold engravings they now release the rubber strap version without these engravings :D

I hope the ZF rubber and clasp is better than the 3KF one or it was all for nothing... $88 wasn‘t cheap for ZF rubber/clasp.

From what I've read the 3k rubber isn't very good, so the ZF will probably make you happy.

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠

I can confirm the 3kf rubber strap isn’t great. I’ve personally ordered an additional ZF strap after using the 3kf one for a few months.

It seems like things are really moving slow over there across the pond. I’ve been waiting 3 weeks for a shipment (stuck at DHL) and have gotten 3 different tracking numbers from TrustyTime...

Reactions: bosaftw

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Just greenlighted a set of QC pics. Looks like the datewheel is a tini tiny bit better, but still off from the original.

And the gold stamps on the lugs are gone on the rubber version :)

AhHuat

15/8/20
The dates still too thin and don't fill up like gen

Antigrafo

20/1/20
Thank you all for your knowledgeable reviews. Can you please let me know if there are any TDs who sell the 3K model and accept PayPal for the purchase?