• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Aquanaut review

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
What's wrong with the bezel?

Quite curious myself lol... Assuming OP meant to reference the Nautilius thread where the 5711 has a slightly fatter bezel, with less of the curved side. If that’s the case, someone was attempting the mods on the other thread I believe

Reactions: 2841

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Quite curious myself lol... Assuming OP meant to reference the Nautilius thread where the 5711 has a slightly fatter bezel, with less of the curved side. If that’s the case, someone was attempting the mods on the other thread I believe

Somewhere in this thread someone pointed out that the 3K Aquanaut's proportion and lume color is closer to the gen from 2000's. The more recent gen Aquanauts have slimmer bezel.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
But the 3k is based on a pre 2009 5711 (Dial is lacking the Swiss made) So if you wanna compare it to a gem, it has to be pre 2009

Reactions: Rainbowkin

pieuvre

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/4/20
17€ bracelet from AliExpress, you get what you pay for..

vd112.jpg

vdT1P.jpg

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Did anybody already mod a ZF and a 3KF together?
What would the best mod be? Put ZF rubber band on 3KF watch?
Or put the 3KF dial into the ZF as the ZF has too much sunburst?
Does anybody have recent QC pics of his 3KF? Is the bezel still too wide and the date font too thin?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Does anybody have recent QC pics of his 3KF? Is the bezel still too wide and the date font too thin?

ZF VS 3K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nobigdeal2010

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
11/11/13
CONUS

Here's my hybrid. ZF base watch with a 3k dial. It's on its way back from being built. I'll post some more photos once I have it in hand.

Reactions: Pdatoon

Zoden21

Looking Around
5/6/20
Absolute stunner, could not recommend it more to anyone. Looks so beautiful and sleek on the wrist!

Anthonye

Known Member
23/12/19
EU
Here's my hybrid. ZF base watch with a 3k dial. It's on its way back from being built. I'll post some more photos once I have it in hand.

Very nice, would you mind sharing some pictures with us when you'll receive it? Also what about the movement, was it a choice not to swap it or was it a technical issue ? Thanks

nobigdeal2010

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
11/11/13
CONUS
Very nice, would you mind sharing some pictures with us when you'll receive it? Also what about the movement, was it a choice not to swap it or was it a technical issue ? Thanks

It was choice. I prefer the Miyota over the clone movement. The way I see it, both movements are clearly knock offs. I'd rather have the reliability of the Miyota.

nobigdeal2010

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
11/11/13
CONUS
I am a bit confused. Did you put the 3K dial onto the ZF case and movement?

Yeah, all I did was swap the dials. I prefer the ZF over the 3K in every aspect other than the dial and thickness. But IMO the difference in thickness is a moot point.

JB0938

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/16
Yeah, all I did was swap the dials. I prefer the ZF over the 3K in every aspect other than the dial and thickness. But IMO the difference in thickness is a moot point.
Beautiful watch mate! I have the ZF (long debated the 3k) and agree the case shape is much better. Love it so far and the reliable miyota.

How do you find the difference between the sunburst of the two dials? I don't have a 3k to ci pare to, but to me the ZF seems a bit too shiny.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: nobigdeal2010