• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Aquanaut review

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Awesome research guys. I have both the gen and 3K strap for my3K, and the gen strap's end link width is slightly small than the 3K, which might cause the gap. Also I am not sure if the 3K spring bar hole locations or the case shape have correct tolerance to make the gen strap fit perfectly.

Last edited:

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
XcCD5.jpg

nato to tide me over until my gen rubber strap shows up in the mail.

edit: those hands are really green...

Last edited:

Felixle7

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/4/11
Awesome research guys. I have both the gen and 3K strap for my3K, and the gen strap's end link width is slightly small than the 3K, which might cause the gap. Also I am not sure if the 3K spring bar hole locations or the case shape have correct tolerance to make the gen strap fit perfectly.

I had the same thoughts. I bet on the tolerances of the springbarholes to cause the gap. Would love to see a macro shot of the gap to see exactly how bad the problem really is.

Ekwity

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/20
Nunya
Just got my 3k RG and I must say I am extremely impressed with how it looks.

-The movement looks/is fantastic and actually very quiet. No issues with accuracy so far

-The strap was not as bad as I thought considering that’s what everyone is bitching about. I plan on getting a gen strap regardless but this is fine for now I don’t think it’s worth spending extra $120 on ZF strap
​​​​​​
-The thinness and the measurements look identical to the gen. The bezel alignment and size is spot on

- My only gripe Is that the clasp isn’t aligned perfectly. It’s extremely minimal but it’s off a lil

At the end of the day this is really one of the best reps Ive bought. I’m not a expert w reps, I have 10+ gen pieces and collect both. After all is said and done this rep is fantastic

Last edited:
Reactions: timnic54

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Got mine a couple of days ago. Steel bracelet, without the gold stamps on the back lugs.

honestly, I’m disappointed... this is my first PP rep, and I have never had a gen PP, so I have nothing to compare it to, bedside my gen Rolexes. And the overall flimsyness is just disappointing. It doesn’t fell solid like a Rolex, don’t know if I should, but in the end, it’s not for me... If the gen is more or less the same, I’m really happy I bought this first :)

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Got mine a couple of days ago. Steel bracelet, without the gold stamps on the back lugs.

honestly, I’m disappointed... this is my first PP rep, and I have never had a gen PP, so I have nothing to compare it to, bedside my gen Rolexes. And the overall flimsyness is just disappointing. It doesn’t fell solid like a Rolex, don’t know if I should, but in the end, it’s not for me... If the gen is more or less the same, I’m really happy I bought this first :)

I got mine on rubber strap in mid April. Though not knowing the gold stamp issue, mine didnt have gold stamps.

I am sorry to hear that. I think Pateks are at a whole new level of elegant timepiece rather than some Rolex's robust tool watches.

Maybe just the fact that it is a rep and doesnt give you the mental advantage of a rep. Even if the Aquanaut isnt on your list - If you receive a gen Aquanaut for free and compare it to the rest of your collection, your opinion on it could be otherwise.

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I got mine on rubber strap in mid April. Though not knowing the gold stamp issue, mine didnt have gold stamps.

I am sorry to hear that. I think Pateks are at a whole new level of elegant timepiece rather than some Rolex's robust tool watches.

Maybe just the fact that it is a rep and doesnt give you the mental advantage of a rep. Even if the Aquanaut isnt on your list - If you receive a gen Aquanaut for free and compare it to the rest of your collection, your opinion on it could be otherwise.

No doubt I definitely need to see/handle a gen Aquanaut. Already wrote my AD to see if he can get me one to take a look at :)

I ordered this one with no expectations, and I didn’t really do anything for me. Maybe the gen will change my mind. In photos, it is a beautiful watch

Last edited:

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
No doubt I definitely need to see/handle a gen Aquanaut. Already wrote my AD to see if he can get me one to take a look at :)

I ordered this one with no expectations, and I didn’t really do anything for me. Maybe the gen will change my mind. In photos, it is a beautiful watch

From what I see is that you are a Rolex guy and rolexes are heavy, robust and beautiful watches, basically they are workhorses aka tool watches made for a purpose, whereas pateks are "thinny", "skinny" type watches where you get the feeling that you are wearing a thin tin on your wrist, maybe that's why it didn't grow on you at first sight, but with time, I'm sure you would like it, , just get a hang of it and you'd be set to go:)

Ekwity

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/20
Nunya

sucks to hear. I really enjoy mine. If you are a Rolex guy than ya it’s totally different. It feels like almost nothing is on your wrist and a lot of ppl don’t like that. Personally I don’t like the aquanaut with the steel bracelet at all, but can see why some would. I have small wrists and am not a fan of heavy/thick watches. Anything thicker than 13mm I’m out. To each his own that’s why we have so many options :)

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I see your points, and yes, its ptoberbly me thats used to the feel of a sub or gmt on my wrist :) This just felt wrong :)

SKnight

8/7/19
sucks to hear. I really enjoy mine. If you are a Rolex guy than ya it’s totally different. It feels like almost nothing is on your wrist and a lot of ppl don’t like that. Personally I don’t like the aquanaut with the steel bracelet at all, but can see why some would. I have small wrists and am not a fan of heavy/thick watches. Anything thicker than 13mm I’m out. To each his own that’s why we have so many options :)

Congrats mate. I'm also interested in the RG version. If you could share pictures please.

Cheers

reklamezonen

30/7/13
Just got my 3k RG and I must say I am extremely impressed with how it looks.

-The movement looks/is fantastic and actually very quiet. No issues with accuracy so far

-The strap was not as bad as I thought considering that’s what everyone is bitching about. I plan on getting a gen strap regardless but this is fine for now I don’t think it’s worth spending extra $120 on ZF strap
​​​​​​
-The thinness and the measurements look identical to the gen. The bezel alignment and size is spot on

- My only gripe Is that the clasp isn’t aligned perfectly. It’s extremely minimal but it’s off a lil

At the end of the day this is really one of the best reps Ive bought. I’m not a expert w reps, I have 10+ gen pieces and collect both. After all is said and done this rep is fantastic

congratulations, Do you have som pictures, wanted to see How the gold color looks.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Anyone has any idea how much is the micro gold plating on the watch itself?

It irks to have a fading gold or rose gold ...