• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Aquanaut review

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I don't have it in hands so I'm just basing my idea on the pic above, but I'm not sure you need to do something that difficult. How about inserting something small between the case and the strap, on the bottom side of the strap? So that it forces the strap to rotate a little and the top side would become closer to the case.

My latest thought is that I can stuff the rubber band spring bar holes to prevent the rubber band from rotating relatively to the spring bar.

edit: that didnt end up well of course. Trying to tape the lugs like what our neighbor is doing on their noob SEL's. The problem is the OEM straps are slightly narrower than what's needed for a rotation-less fit. I hope in the next 3K iteration they can make their lug width slightly smaller to fit better these gen straps.

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
maybe the new holes would be too close to the existing ones :-(
but how is it possible that no one has tried to install the rubber ZF on the 3KF ???

Wondering the same. Seems that there's quite a few people here who ordered the aquanaut with metal bracelet and a additional rubber strap. Did all of them order the 3KF as the rubber strap or is there anyone who could comment or share pics with the ZF or the KMF? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Ekwity

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/20
Nunya
Yeah i know, this was mostly ment as a heads up, if you are thinking about ordering from Trusty :)

Luckily I decided to go with just 3k strap, he told me same thing in regards to ZF strap. I saw some gen straps for like $200-250 on eBay I’ll get, so luckily avoided that. Also seeing ppl saying ZF straps don’t even fit the 3k so that’s even more annoying. Plus my package has been sitting at DHL customs in Hong Kong since Wednesday. Probably backed up to the tits

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Regardless, I want to say that gen straps are awesome investment if you have a slim wrist like I do and can grab a deal off the 'Bay.

Also be aware of the sizing on these straps. For me the gen straps cut of the same grooves fit smaller than the 3K straps. Not sure if the grooves are different length or the gen straps just hug my wrist better.

Last edited:

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Luckily I decided to go with just 3k strap, he told me same thing in regards to ZF strap. I saw some gen straps for like $200-250 on eBay I’ll get, so luckily avoided that. Also seeing ppl saying ZF straps don’t even fit the 3k so that’s even more annoying. Plus my package has been sitting at DHL customs in Hong Kong since Wednesday. Probably backed up to the tits

Who is PPL and where he wrote ZF strap don't fit the 3k?

Ekwity

27/2/20
Nunya
Mark1937 gotta look thru the forums. Not even sure it was here might have been rwg etc. people had issues with the strap fitting and had to cut them or get dif pins

Ekwity

27/2/20
Nunya
Regardless, I want to say that gen straps are awesome investment if you have a slim wrist like I do and can grab a deal off the 'Bay.

Also be aware of the sizing on these straps. For me the gen straps cut of the same grooves fit smaller than the 3K straps. Not sure if the grooves are different length or the gen straps just hug my wrist better.

Exactly my plan. I have small wrists, and usually crappy rubber doesn’t wrap well, and assume it def sits better. It’s def worth spending a lil extra to have a nice fitting/gen strap.

Last edited:

manarse

Looking Around
24/5/20
I have the zf (with rubber) and 3k (with steel).

I'll send some pics over in a short while.

manarse

Looking Around
24/5/20
So if anyone wishes to buy a gen strap, zf is the better way to go.

Or, then gens have similar hole placements like the one found in 3k?

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
So if anyone wishes to buy a gen strap, zf is the better way to go.

Or, then gens have similar hole placements like the one found in 3k?

Gen straps refer to the OEM Patek straps. It is not a rep!

What we have learned so far is that gen straps doesnt fit 3K Aquanaut perfectly: gen straps are slightly narrower than 3K straps, and also like you mentioned the hole placement can be off on the 3K.

Reactions: jasonbaylee

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
Gen straps refer to the OEM Patek straps. It is not a rep!

What we have learned so far is that gen straps doesnt fit 3K Aquanaut perfectly: gen straps are slightly narrower than 3K straps, and also like you mentioned the hole placement can be off on the 3K.

but the strap fits, imho the gap between case and strap is not that much noticable. if you have the money for a gen strap go for it.

Big_Smoke

27/7/19
Everyone's discussing rubber straps, but for some reason the steel bracelet is growing on me a lot. Is anyone else a fan of this version? I am extremely curious about feedback from 3K owners about the steel bracelet, which hasn't been discussed a lot in this thread. Images are very welcome! Thanks

Reactions: betterbezel

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Everyone's discussing rubber straps, but for some reason the steel bracelet is growing on me a lot. Is anyone else a fan of this version? I am extremely curious about feedback from 3K owners about the steel bracelet, which hasn't been discussed a lot in this thread. Images are very welcome! Thanks

Problem is that the steel bracelet is very wrong on the endlinks, personally i can't live with that, thats why im going with a gen strap

Felixle7

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/4/11

okay the first issue here is the holes for the pins.

First pic is 3k. The holes are placed closer to the bottom case.

Second pic is zf. The holes are placed more to the center of the case.

So there you go. Yes there will be gap when you wear it.

Gen looks exactly like 3KF. ZF holes are placed more to the center because it’s significantly fatter.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: 2841

Big_Smoke

27/7/19
Problem is that the steel bracelet is very wrong on the endlinks, personally i can't live with that, thats why im going with a gen strap

Wow, I hadn't noticed this yet. Definitely a big turn off. The painted movement + wrong end links on the bracelet made me decide this version isn't for me.

Reactions: XLR8R