• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Aquanaut review

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Some people ordered the ZF rubber band instead of the 3K because ZF is closer to gen. I agree with you on the "11" marker: the ones digit's position is too high and should not be aligned to the tens digit.

Are you sure ZF rubber It's ok for 3KF case?

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Are you sure ZF rubber It's ok for 3KF case?

I am not certain but sure that a lot of people are ordering the ZF strap for their 3K 5167. I have not seen the ZF strap, but am sure that the 3K is pretty far from the OEM strap - I have two OEM straps, the OEM strap fits the 3K pretty well, not perfectly well though. I might make a thread comparing the OEM and 3K strap later. The 3K strpa has a tell on the end link bend and has also deep texture than the OEM.

If you like your 3K Aquanaut much I suggest you look into some cheaper OEM straps on Ebay.

Last edited:

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I am not certain but sure that a lot of people are ordering the ZF strap for their 3K 5167. I have not seen the ZF strap, but am sure that the 3K is pretty far from the OEM strap - I have two OEM straps, the OEM strap fits the 3K pretty well, not perfectly well though. I might make a thread comparing the OEM and 3K strap later. The 3K strpa has a tell on the end link bend and has also deep texture than the OEM.

If you like your 3K Aquanaut much I suggest you look into some cheaper OEM straps on Ebay.

I've seen thousands of them :))) but I don't know anything. I don't know which one to buy. if I had the certainty that the rubber ZF was fine on the 3KF I would order that. or if I had a link to play it safe I would be very grateful

srhoque

28/11/18
I've seen thousands of them :))) but I don't know anything. I don't know which one to buy. if I had the certainty that the rubber ZF was fine on the 3KF I would order that. or if I had a link to play it safe I would be very grateful

If you want gen - Look for straps on ebay/chron24 with code (on back side) C09 or D31. Both are 21mmx18mm OEM strap that will fit the 3K 5167.

Reactions: madmax783

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
If you want gen - Look for straps on ebay/chron24 with code (on back side) C09 or D31. Both are 21mmx18mm OEM strap that will fit the 3K 5167.

C74 is the for 5167A and fits also. Several other color variations (blue, green, etc.) all fits! The green is very sought after.

Reactions: madmax783

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
C74 is the for 5167A and fits also. Several other color variations (blue, green, etc.) all fits! The green is very sought after.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
I've got a 3K Aquanaut on order (bracelet version) and I've asked my TD for a rubber strap as well - would I be better off asking him to source me a ZF rubber strap??

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
I've got a 3K Aquanaut on order (bracelet version) and I've asked my TD for a rubber strap as well - would I be better off asking him to source me a ZF rubber strap??

Neither ZF nor 3 K make straps. So depending on who your TD is The strap you will get will most likely be the one fitted to ZF.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Neither ZF nor 3 K make straps. So depending on who your TD is The strap you will get will most likely be the one fitted to ZF.

Thanks! But why then are people saying that the ZF strap is better than the 3K strap? I'm confused......!

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17

Please, can you explain better? I'm also ordering the rubber separately. What eraser should I ask Li? And which buckle?

Thank you very much;-)

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
Please, can you explain better? I'm also ordering the rubber separately. What eraser should I ask Li? And which buckle?

Thank you very much;-)

As none of us know who is actually making these straps. and i don't know Li it is difficult. If you trust him, ask him to get you the best strap.

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK

Thank you very much;-)

Ask Li for a ZF strap and KMF clasp. That’s the best combo without buying the real thing. And to be honest the ZF strap is just as good as the gen. I’ve had both and there is minimal difference. The clasp is a different story but a gen clasp is £1500+.

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
Thanks! But why then are people saying that the ZF strap is better than the 3K strap? I'm confused......!

Because you are buying the watch without a strap, it is on a bracelet. The Td will source the strap for you. He will source it from 3k if you ask specifically, but he can source it from ZF, supplier, even through ZF, who knows.

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Because you are buying the watch without a strap, it is on a bracelet. The Td will source the strap for you. He will source it from 3k if you ask specifically, but he can source it from ZF, supplier, even through ZF, who knows.

What strap did you get Tim?

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I am told ZF I am very happy with it and sure it isn't 3K

no gap between the lugs? does the ZF rubber fit well? Also could you tell us which buckle is better between ZF and 3KF?

Felixle7

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/4/11
Ask Li for a ZF strap and KMF clasp. That’s the best combo without buying the real thing. And to be honest the ZF strap is just as good as the gen. I’ve had both and there is minimal difference. The clasp is a different story but a gen clasp is £1500+.

Can you specify why the KMF clasp is better than 3k or ZF? Very interested in this.

Sent from the RWI App