• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s about time...... 3K Nautilus 5711 incoming

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I was REALLY considering purchasing this prior to the release because I have a gen date disc that I was going to use on a future install and the 324 clone looks good apart from the lack of engravings.

However, the VERY poor quality of both the white and blue dial leaves me absolutely speechless. The white dial has a similar paint/finish on the markers to the JJF Nautilus dial that gives it a very cheap silver finish when off angle - look here at this comparison to the gen and JJF dial, then the new 3K dial:

You do make a valid point and your pictures are indeed speaking for themselves, of course it's to anyone liking or not to see this as a flaw (I personally don't, but I'm not judging you over that either)

But I think without having the gen and the 3K side by side it will be hard to tell, you can find several off angles of the white gen, with the same pure reflection on the indexes :

Patek_Philippe_Nautilus_5711_011_white_dial_stainless_steel_watch_at_A_Collected_Man_London5.jpg
4504421700438.jpg

The puretime pic is more tilted and depending on the source of the lighting it could be the reason of such a big reflection on the markers

Bendori

2/5/16
you're right bro but that guy is between two watches, one that tested and we got a lot of info on it and the other one is new, there not a lot of pictures and no info on it either better to be safe if you're new to the rep world i guess

How are you the captain now?

Reactions: Lizandro

Lizandro

16/4/19
San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA
How are you the captain now?

Well you know I just became a supporter this month and being a pilot, It was a no brainer because no one on RWI has the same badge

And well I give everyone the captain treatment, you feel me, specially the ladies if you know what mean.....but really I’m just a good guy who’s good with people and probably one day I may be the Captain on your flight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
When the PPF came out I remember saying that the bracelet and overhaul structure was better on the PF and everyone was flaming me! Little time passed by and everyone started building PF based watch with PPF dial...

What I'm willing to say is that to judge the watch it's a bit to early, if most here find the ppf blue dial good this 3K doesn't look far from it either.

Last edited:
Reactions: XLR8R and Lizandro

Riverwind85

26/4/18
The dial and the first link of the braclet are off, I like everything else.
But I have to tell you that I loved and I love my v6s 5711 sellita and that had the same problem. In the wrist you don’t notice itches 3kf will need a datewheel too but I know that are working on that.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Lizandro

16/4/19
The dial and the first link of the braclet are off, I like everything else.
But I have to tell you that I loved and I love my v6s 5711 sellita and that had the same problem. In the wrist you don’t notice itches 3kf will need a datewheel too but I know that are working on that.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

what do you think about the back part of the crown guards to me it just not correct and probably a deal breaker

nautilusluv

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/16
Well you know I just became a supporter this month and being a pilot, It was a no brainer because no one on RWI has the same badge

And well I give everyone the captain treatment, you feel me, specially the ladies if you know what mean.....but really I’m just a good guy who’s good with people and probably one day I may be the Captain on your flight

oh I see.. the captain treatment? You give it “Specially” to the ladies, you say?

what you just made us see and read is such a shamefully sexist, male chauvinist and misogynist thing.

I am a Lady and don’t wanna read this sh*t on this watches’ forum you silly dumba*s.

please modders take action, for me and for all the ladies who’d like to peacefully read this forum without running into these people, like already happens everyday.
????????????????????????

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
oh I see.. the captain treatment? You give it “Specially” to the ladies, you say?

what you just made us see and read is such a shamefully sexist, male chauvinist and misogynist thing.

I am a Lady and don’t wanna read this sh*t on this watches’ forum you silly dumba*s.

please modders take action, for me and for all the ladies who’d like to peacefully read this forum without running into these people, like already happens everyday.
????????????????????????

going-to-need-less-edge-on-that-19303370.png

It was just a joke, nothing offensive.

You however went straight to insult, do you think this is the appropriate response ?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
It was just a joke, nothing offensive.

You however went straight to insult, do you think this is the appropriate response ?

I agree that the vocabulary that she used was not ideal, but I think she has a point. Let's make sure that ladies feel welcome on the forum, and that starts by not making the kind of comments that prompted her reaction and making it clear to people who would. Unfortunately racism, sexism and all sorts of discriminations are often consciously or unconsciously used/disguised as "just jokes". Whether here was indeed a joke or not, what matters is how it makes people feel.

Lizandro

16/4/19
I agree that the vocabulary that she used was not ideal, but I think she has a point. Let's make sure that ladies feel welcome on the forum, and that starts by not making the kind of comments that prompted her reaction and making it clear to people who would. Unfortunately racism, sexism and all sorts of discriminations are often consciously or unconsciously used/disguised as "just jokes". Whether here was indeed a joke or not, what matters is how it makes people feel.

Mate I did respond and apologize but I try to edit the comment just to fix grammar but it won’t appear until the edit is approved but a mod

Reactions: watcho

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
lol. Glaude I need permission to steal that pic.
I need to show that a lot to people around me these days. :hehehe:

It's not my pic, so permission fully granted :D (search a better quality one that this one, loads of them on google image)

People, no matter who they are, what sex they are, what gender they feel, just need to think that the way they respond to something that bother them is way more important and that's what lead to a change.
Correcting someone for his grammar while making a mistake yourself or telling someone "you're an asshole for insulting this guy" are examples of bad responses.

She could have choose a lot of other ways to make him know that she did not liked his comment, she chose the wrong one.

He made what I believe is a genuine joke without any thoughts behind it, he saw that he offended someone and apologized, that's the only way such situation should be handled, and it's only because he reacted in a much better way than her, what if he was to insult back ? This would have no end.

Situation is over, I haven't seen any sexism on this forum before so back on topic :)

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
But people i also understand if this is a frustrating time for all of us. As human beings none of us have been in a situation like this. Everyone's treshold is lowered. I know it's not an excuse. But most people are isolated / quarantined / can't go out and about as usual, some are afraid of them or their loved one's to get ill and many are concerned about their job / business / economy. So people have maybe a little harder response than usual. I must acknowledge Lizandro though, for a nice and positive response. On the contrary it gives more respect to apologize in a situation than the opposite.

And about the 3K 5711. I'm still left hungry for someone to take the leap of faith and make a good review :p I'm not jumping on this one, as i have my PPF V3 incoming tuesday from Domi after a DWO change. That will do for me for now :D