• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s about time...... 3K Nautilus 5711 incoming

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
BIONONE My apologies for this dumb answer but can PPFs hands can be fitted on this new movement? I couldn't find any information about hand pinion on cal 324.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Difficult to answer - as i have no measurements of the 3KF DW or the dial it will be more or less guessing when comparing pictures of both dial dimensions.

if they used a gen DW for their measurements a slight difference may disappear as the past has proven the PF to be the most accurate and most compatible DWO for a gen dial whilst the PPF DWO still left some room for adjustments.

maybe that helps to answer your question.
But keep in mind that i‘m super into perfection under high magnification - the differences that i have observed will may be unseen for others ;)

the only thing that excites me about this release are the movement and the matching hands... everything else is lacking the finish of details of a PPF or PF case/bracelet. The big end link kills this release for me - just like the old V6F models...

Thanks. I recall some members used a PF DWO for their PPF dials with acceptable results. I think I'll wait for v2 or v3 of the 3KF Nautilus, as you know I'm used to waiting;).

Reactions: BIONONE and XLR8R

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
BIONONE My apologies for this dumb answer but can PPFs hands can be fitted on this new movement? I couldn't find any information about hand pinion on cal 324.

Also difficult to answer as i did not came across a disassembling review of the new movement yet... if they went the clone route like a SA3135/SH or SH4130 then i guess the hands won‘t fit a 9015 miyota and vice versa - but i‘m sure our modders know it best ;)

megapleb

Known Member
5/7/18
US
The videos on puretime are excellent and the blue one looks very good aprart from the printed movement. What do you guys think?
Where are you finding the videos? I can't see any on the product page.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
Where are you finding the videos? I can't see any on the product page.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

When you click on the 3k Nautilus on purerime's site, there would be video tab next to the specifications one, got it?

exeaction

Horology Curious
7/3/20
I am very impressed by the thickness, defiantly going to buy one of those for my b.day soon.

Samgobigs

11/2/20
Dang.... I was just about to pull the trigger on the white PPF V3 5711. Now I’ve learned there’s a new kid on the block (3KF)

I’m debating whether to wait until there’s at least a review of the 3KF or even better, a comparison between the 2 models.

Intuition says I should wait as it would be reasonable to expect that the newer model may be better. Why make a new product if it’s inferior to the current one on the market?

It would also seem hard to justify a product that’s $100 more unless you really think you are better than the competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lizandro

16/4/19
San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA
Dang.... I was just about to pull the trigger on the white PPF V3 5711. Now I’ve learned there’s a new kid on the block (3KF)

I’m debating whether to wait until there’s at least a review of the 3KF or even better, a comparison between the 2 models.

Intuition says I should wait as it would be reasonable to expect that the newer model may be better. Why make a new product if it’s inferior to the current one on the market?

It would also seem hard to justify a product that’s $100 more unless you really think you are better than the competition.

just wait for the review is always better to be safe

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Patiently waiting for a comprehensive hands on review for the 3KF Nautilus.:D

I was REALLY considering purchasing this prior to the release because I have a gen date disc that I was going to use on a future install and the 324 clone looks good apart from the lack of engravings.

However, the VERY poor quality of both the white and blue dial leaves me absolutely speechless. The white dial has a similar paint/finish on the markers to the JJF Nautilus dial that gives it a very cheap silver finish when off angle - look here at this comparison to the gen and JJF dial, then the new 3K dial:

Gen dial off-angle:
5F0aQ.jpg

JJF Off angle:
5Fz4L.jpg

3K dial off angle:
nR2R5.png

You may think - not a big deal I rarely look at my watch off-angle! However I will say you will see it on the occassional marker or the hands when glancing at your wrist, or as you bring it up to check the time - every time. It's rough in my opinion. The PPF does NOT have this issue.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I was REALLY considering purchasing this prior to the release because I have a gen date disc that I was going to use on a future install and the 324 clone looks good apart from the lack of engravings.

However, the VERY poor quality of both the white and blue dial leaves me absolutely speechless. The white dial has a similar paint/finish on the markers to the JJF Nautilus dial that gives it a very cheap silver finish when off angle - look here at this comparison to the gen and JJF dial, then the new 3K dial:

You may think - not a big deal I rarely look at my watch off-angle! However I will say you will see it on the occassional marker or the hands when glancing at your wrist, or as you bring it up to check the time - every time. It's rough in my opinion. The PPF does NOT have this issue.

Yeah mate. The dials are not looking promising, although the blue is difficult to judge yet, but also don't look promising. The bezel and crown looks better to me than the PPF. Also thickness of the watch looks spot on. Maybe the bezel, crown, thickness and movement is better. While the case finishing, dial colours and bracelet looks worse.

Last edited:

Hero4774

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/5/19
Dubai
Pure time has them in stock already. Bout to get one now!