• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s about time...... 3K Nautilus 5711 incoming

Levi2019

Supporter
Certified
19/12/19
Looks like the horrible 5980 that they are about to release... indeed 3K factory but nothing comparable to the bespoken 324 SC clone in a 5711 rep - which this thread is about.

my bad

otabaru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/18
I am interested in the 5711 with a clone movement, but need to wait at least one year to know if it is as reliable as the Myota used on the PPF V1/2/3.
We must consider that it will be a completely new movement on the market, very difficult to get spare parts if needed, even if possible to use gen PP parts, these too are difficult to get and very expensive!
Remember that the Rolex movements clones took a long way to become as reliable as they are today, and even now there are still some bad reviews.

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
While competition in the Patek 5711 market is healthy for consumers, unfortunately it has made it more expensive for us. In the pursuit of perfection, we have ended up with mashups (Example: PF case with PPF dial/hands) that are more expensive in the end. Unless 3K nails every aspect of the watch (case, dial color, crown, bracelet etc), I am worried that 3K's entry will make it even more expensive. We will now have 3-way mashups (3K movement, PF case, PPF dial/hands) that will drive the cost up further.

Yeah I am quite concerned about this to be honest. At this point I truly hope that 3K would at least have the best movement and a dial/hands matching to the level of the PPF. If not...

Lord imagine the cost of getting the PF, PPF Dial/Hands AND the damn 3k movement to hit closer to perfection. Lord have mercy.

Reactions: XLR8R

Mrbig

Horology Curious
10/4/19
Asked my TD and he said he can get it but doesn’t yet know when or how much! My PPF V3 order is on hold pending further information!

DC

Asked Puretime but they didnt know about any coming version...

otabaru

7/3/18
I enjoy my PPF V3 white dial so much that will order a blue dial Nautilus from 3K as soon as possible.
Hope they engrave the clone movement on the 5711...

Makoto

29/2/20
Asked my TD and he said he can get it but doesn’t yet know when or how much! My PPF V3 order is on hold pending further information!

DC

How long has your PPF been on hold now ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: topwatchs

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
How long has your PPF been on hold now ?

Just approved QC so it will be on its way now. Couldn’t get any further info on the 3K so decided to stick with the PPF V3 and will see what the Aquanaut is like from 3K first before jumping in with the Nautilus too! Just waiting new QC for my 3K Aquanaut, first one had defective movement so TD rejected it, that was before CNY and Coronavirus so been a long wait :(

DC

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
Just approved QC so it will be on its way now. Couldn’t get any further info on the 3K so decided to stick with the PPF V3 and will see what the Aquanaut is like from 3K first before jumping in with the Nautilus too! Just waiting new QC for my 3K Aquanaut, first one had defective movement so TD rejected it, that was before CNY and Coronavirus so been a long wait :(

DC

Dang sorry to hear that mate. Good luck on finally getting your PPFV3

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16

DC

Good choice with the v3 PPF IMO. 3K's date font is still an issue for me that I just can't commit haha.

Mrbig

Horology Curious
10/4/19
I`m still hoping someone will get the crown more accurate. The only thing preventing me from getting one now

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
PPF look better, but maybe I’m wrong , we need to see side by side ..