• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s about time...... 3K Nautilus 5711 incoming

Riverwind85

26/4/18
It looks like there is space between the dial and the datewheel, am I the only one noticing it?
But the movement looks somehow better in my opinion, but the quality of the video is really low.
It seems to me they just used the ppf case with the 3k movement, would it be possible?

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
It looks like there is space between the dial and the datewheel, am I the only one noticing it?
But the movement looks somehow better in my opinion, but the quality of the video is really low.
It seems to me they just used the ppf case with the 3k movement, would it be possible?

Maybe, if they don’t gen , PPF look more gen like .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Mate will you be merging them? The 3K movement into the PPF V3??

This was a typo, lol, should have said I have a PPF Nautilus and 3K Aquanaut, so the best versions of both currently. Would still be interested in the 3K Nautilus if and when it does drop, but keen to see how the 3K Aquanaut is first!

DC

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Makoto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/2/20
This was a typo, lol, should have said I have a PPF Nautilus and 3K Aquanaut, so the best versions of both currently. Would still be interested in the 3K Nautilus if and when it does drop, but keen to see how the 3K Aquanaut is first!

DC

any pics of your PPF nautilus ?

nivlek

Known Member
1/1/17
I think they want to sell the print movement first... 3K 5167 sells well. When they make some good money and sells not good as usual, they will update V2 movement with engravings...

And everyone will buy one more... LOL

As for the nautilus, ppf looks better.

Hey Kobe,

Thanks for sharing the info with us!

Could you share with us more on your thoughts on why the PPF Nautilus looks better? :)

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
A watch is worth what somebody's willing to pay for it. PP seems to know their customers. Could you sell this watch for $10k and still make profit? Probably yes - but where's the fun in that? :cool:

that's right.... i am not sure if the profit here goes to patek or to the investors....
on the other hand one can wonder (considering the number of nautilus we find on the second hand market) if these watch are bought for profiting by investors or by real patek lovers, i personally have my own opinion, anybody can make his personal interpretation of the situation ...
anyway i out of the loop as i am neither a patek lover nor a mad about the nautilus nor an investor so ....

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
that's right.... i am not sure if the profit here goes to patek or to the investors....
on the other hand one can wonder (considering the number of nautilus we find on the second hand market) if these watch are bought for profiting by investors or by real patek lovers, i personally have my own opinion, anybody can make his personal interpretation of the situation ...
anyway i out of the loop as i am neither a patek lover nor a mad about the nautilus nor an investor so ....

even if you were a patek lover you would be startled by the profit. Unless you are legend ca va sans dire.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
even if you were a patek lover you would be startled by the profit. Unless you are legend ca va sans dire.

Wow L. I’ve repeatedly told you I belong to the common working class. Which part of common working class did you not comprehend lol.
We likely have the same chicken rice for lunch each day.

Reactions: Allure and Glaude

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania

Patek is one of the last big privately owned companies in the Swiss watch industry, so Mr. Stern and his siblings cash in those bucks. Their output is around 60k watches per year with a revenue of around $1.5Billions which makes an average resale price of 25k per watch. I believe that Rolex has a better revenue per employee ratio and margins should also be better due to higher automation level...

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE

2 categories of watch owners In our world would not :
1st option: the real passionate by the history of the nautilus or by the watch itself , its design and so on, would never sale it for whatever price...
2nd option: the one that doesn't need this extra money would not sale it for whatever reason...

as for your curiosity, I am neither in the 1st like I said, nor in the 2nd category so If i would have bought that watch I would certainly have been willing to make profit with it.

I am more exited by the original genta master piece ;-)

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Patek is one of the last big privately owned companies in the Swiss watch industry, so Mr. Stern and his siblings cash in those bucks. Their output is around 60k watches per year with a revenue of around $1.5Billions which makes an average resale price of 25k per watch. I believe that Rolex has a better revenue per employee ratio and margins should also be better due to higher automation level...

i am sorry to say that I do have big doubts on your avverage price calculation, because this would mean the most sold watch by Patek would belong to the twenty 4 line up...
on the other hand, if you are right this would mean Patek sells much more "entry level watches" (means majority of quartz) than I was expecting, and it is a shame ... as for a Patek lovers at least one should buy a decent caliber... :-(

Riverwind85

26/4/18
I do think that you have to think also about the retailer margins. Patek sells mostly to retailers with a discount from the consumer price.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
i am sorry to say that I do have big doubts on your avverage price calculation, because this would mean the most sold watch by Patek would belong to the twenty 4 line up...
on the other hand, if you are right this would mean Patek sells much more "entry level watches" (means majority of quartz) than I was expecting, and it is a shame ... as for a Patek lovers at least one should buy a decent caliber... :-(

Problem is: as Patek is privately owned, numbers out there are more or less guesswork. Different sources give totally different numbers. In general, it's safe to assume that the cheaper watches from their lineup are sold in higher volumes. As far as I know, the models from their "Grand Complication" series take a watchmaker several months to finish all parts and assemble the watch, so those can't be sold on thousands...

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I am more exited by the original genta master piece ;-)

That's good news for you, the original genta masterpiece is actually the AP royal Oak, which happen to sell for half the price of a nautilus!

Reactions: SuperLory

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
That's good news for you, the original genta masterpiece is actually the AP royal Oak, which happen to sell for half the price of a nautilus!

not exactly, but it is true that the value for money on the AP is better that the naut, while the naut is a better sough after if you get it from the boutique...
that said at 60k VS 40k like it is in europe....

Last edited: