• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s about time...... 3K Nautilus 5711 incoming

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I feel long threads about how gen like/not gen like the blue dial is coming soon ;)

I'll keep the usual asshats in check while you fine people happily discuss this, there's more Patek fan in here able to share opinion and debate in a good way than there's idiots, so I'm sure this will stay healthy albeit a bit redundant for sure ;)

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
If the movement is still printed that's a definite pass for me, I can wait a few more months for a v2 to finally have a nautilus super-rep.
I can't see why it would be engraved yet. I trust they will do a noob and improve small things for another verison, etc, etc

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
This maker rep all newest Cartier Santos both big and small SS RG Diamond YG , very active , we have great maker now ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I'll keep the usual asshats in check while you fine people happily discuss this, there's more Patek fan in here able to share opinion and debate in a good way than there's idiots, so I'm sure this will stay healthy albeit a bit redundant for sure ;)

Hahaha thanks mate :)

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Correct me if I am wrong, but the pictures in the advertisement poster are all gen 5711s from the Patek website.

It would be amazing if the 3K watches looked like that ;)

Yeah lol, if they at least get the font correct on the date wheel id be happy

Reactions: srhoque

kevBquick

9/10/18
of course everyone is asking....i highly doubt this will be engraved. they just release the aquanaut....moving to engraved so quickly....doubtful. make their money on the current stocks and then move on to an improvement.

is ZFs is completely painted. i know we want it...every other post is I hope its fully engraved. but i'm guessing they have a lot of stocks in the movement and until that is depleted. why would they move to engraving so quick? make their money off the clone movement then reinvest the dollars to engrave. since ZF has been getting away with it and selling just fine and everyone else...why wold they just rush after making it onto the scene? as much as we all want a super duper rep. and i'm waiting for a 5168 blue dial as well. i can see this being delayed for a while. everyone can hold off there is always going to be something fixed and something broke to hold off for.

domsdaddy123

Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Engraving is fairly easy. Its not a tech limitation for the factories, just a decision...if they wanted they could engrave the stocks they have and if it takes too long or never comes I am absolutely positive a secondary PP324 engraving market will pop up...heck there are guys who can do it now....

Very, very excited for this one! I NEVER thought in my wildest fantasies we would see this day, never!

Excited!

srhoque

28/11/18
While competition in the Patek 5711 market is healthy for consumers, unfortunately it has made it more expensive for us. In the pursuit of perfection, we have ended up with mashups (Example: PF case with PPF dial/hands) that are more expensive in the end. Unless 3K nails every aspect of the watch (case, dial color, crown, bracelet etc), I am worried that 3K's entry will make it even more expensive. We will now have 3-way mashups (3K movement, PF case, PPF dial/hands) that will drive the cost up further.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
of course everyone is asking....i highly doubt this will be engraved. they just release the aquanaut....moving to engraved so quickly....doubtful. make their money on the current stocks and then move on to an improvement.

is ZFs is completely painted. i know we want it...every other post is I hope its fully engraved. but i'm guessing they have a lot of stocks in the movement and until that is depleted. why would they move to engraving so quick? make their money off the clone movement then reinvest the dollars to engrave. since ZF has been getting away with it and selling just fine and everyone else...why wold they just rush after making it onto the scene? as much as we all want a super duper rep. and i'm waiting for a 5168 blue dial as well. i can see this being delayed for a while. everyone can hold off there is always going to be something fixed and something broke to hold off for.

ZF / PPF are engraved, not painted

Levi2019

Supporter
Certified
19/12/19
3k Patek is $410 for Stainless Steel and $440 for Gold option so fairly well priced against PF and PPF

Last edited:

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
3k Patek is $410 for Stainless Steel and $440 for Gold option so fairly well priced against PF and PPF

I doubt that considering the 3k 5167 is $588. That would also make it cheaper than the PPF that has a miyota, not going to happen, people will pay more for a clone, engraved or not, and the factories know this.

Last edited:

BIONONE

28/4/17
Reactions: jm_brc_7057