• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s about time...... 3K Nautilus 5711 incoming

domsdaddy123

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
6/8/15
The 3k case is off from gen, most noticable to me at the SEL position where it attaches to lugs, looks much to close to the bezel....I'm super excited for the movement obviously but wondering has anyone tried to fit the movement into a PF or PPF case?

I apologize lf someone already posted this, couldn't find it......

Riverwind85

26/4/18
I am waiting for the 3kf watches... then Domi will try.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

BIONONE

28/4/17
I can only imagine how amazing a PF base with 3KF movement + hands and a PPF or even gen dial would look like...

Seems pricey in the first place but as single PPF dials are available from the right sellers you still would only need two watches in the first place - just like current builds based on PF + PPF parts.

Riverwind85 Looking forward to your review and statement! What is your exact plan?

​​​​​​​Thanks in advance.

Riverwind85

26/4/18
[mention]BIONONE [/mention]
1 pf case /braclet (or ppf, we’ll see) gen blue dial and hands and if fits some gen parts of the movement. What I would like to know is if the 3kf caseback can fit the pf, that would be amazing...
1 pf case and braclet, gen white dial 3kf hands (searching for black gen hands).
That’s it

Reactions: wNe and bill33

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I can only imagine how amazing a PF base with 3KF movement + hands and a PPF or even gen dial would look like...

Seems pricey in the first place but as single PPF dials are available from the right sellers you still would only need two watches in the first place - just like current builds based on PF + PPF parts.

It'll probably cost well over than a thousand U.S. dollars including labor. Yes, pricey indeed.

Riverwind85

26/4/18
That’s a 60k watch if you want to buy one now without waiting 8 years (if the waiting list is still open in your country)...

BIONONE

28/4/17
That’s a 60k watch if you want to buy one now without waiting 8 years (if the waiting list is still open in your country)...

exactly this - there are other Franken watches which are much out of relation price wise - this is a project that includes the time factor into consideration when it comes to the gen. Let alone the impossibility to purchase a 5167 or 5711 without a AD history that includes several lady calatravas, gondolos etc.

Back on track - your plans sound gorgeous!

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
[mention]BIONONE [/mention]
1 pf case /braclet (or ppf, we’ll see) gen blue dial and hands and if fits some gen parts of the movement. What I would like to know is if the 3kf caseback can fit the pf, that would be amazing...
1 pf case and braclet, gen white dial 3kf hands (searching for black gen hands).
That’s it

Looking forward to seeing this materialise. Assuming that was you who picked up Sacsha’s dial on RG? Great buy if so, seen them listed at $7,500 recently. I’ve been in touch with an engraver and spoken about getting my 3k movement bridges engraved, let me know if you want the details, would finish that build off spectacularly!

Last edited:
Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Looking forward to seeing this materialise. Assuming that was you who picked up Sacsha’s dial on RG? Great buy if so, seen them listed at $7,500 recently. I’ve been in touch with an engraver on getting my 3k movement engraved, let me know if you want the details, would finish that build off spectacularly!

Amazing man!!! I have one spare movement to try.
I also found some gen parts if they fit...
Let me know the details I’m in

Last edited:

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
I am in as well!!!! Wrote pm

Just PM’d you back mate.

I’ll speak to the person who can do the engraving and see if he’s happy for me to post his username. I’m sure his inbox will be flooded.

*Just for clarity, this isn’t a back door attempt at selling modifications. Mods if I shouldn’t post any details please let me know. cmaster

Last edited:
Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Just PM’d you back mate.

I’ll speak to the person who can do the engraving and see if he’s happy for me to post his username. I’m sure his inbox will be flooded.

*Just for clarity, this isn’t a back door attempt at selling modifications. Mods if I shouldn’t post any details please let me know. cmaster

I don’t think you should worry mate. You are not making profit off of this. You are just sharing knowledge and helping others who want the same. Can’t be no problem in that.

Last edited:
Reactions: bill33