• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe and friends (VC, A. Lange & Söhne, Breguet & Richard Mille) - an inspirational thread

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Dude jm_brc_7057 this was a pleasure to read.

I may have to reconsider the enamel dial, but you're 100% right, I am hoping we see more enamel recreations!! Maybe I should make one of these threads.... though I have owned WAY too many watches lol. I sincerely appreciate the amount of time you put into this for our reading pleasure (and all of your other reviews!). I may have to get some prof crystals for some of my builds now too.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Dude jm_brc_7057 this was a pleasure to read.

I may have to reconsider the enamel dial, but you're 100% right, I am hoping we see more enamel recreations!! Maybe I should make one of these threads.... though I have owned WAY too many watches lol. I sincerely appreciate the amount of time you put into this for our reading pleasure (and all of your other reviews!). I may have to get some prof crystals for some of my builds now too.

Thanks mate. Means a lot coming from you as you are a master of analysing a watch in detail before they’re released and before you have them in hand. Which is an excellent characteristic to have.

haha I would love to read a thread like this if you made one. You’ve had so many interesting watches. And you often sell them again shortly after.

The prof crystals are insane. You can’t even see there is a crystal. Gives the watch a high end look.

I agree. I hope to see other enamel releases. A. Lange & Söhne has the Richard Lange Pour Le Merite which is one of my favourites. And the Patek 5131 and 5231 world timers are my absolute favourite.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
jm_brc_7057 Hello mate, thanks for the thread, it gave me some ideas (hehe). I’ve been considering the 35-02 for about 6 months, havent researched RMs enough to have any sort of clue whats good and whats garbage, but noticed, that you dont have a review on that one, are you planning on it? I like to contribute on the forums Im on, but consider a secondary review necessary, if you have one already in the works.?

BTW: shame that the 5224 has non-functioning GMT, that was the main reason I didnt get it a while back. Im hoping some manufacturer can figure that one out, otherwise its really bloody close and nice.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
jm_brc_7057 Hello mate, thanks for the thread, it gave me some ideas (hehe). I’ve been considering the 35-02 for about 6 months, havent researched RMs enough to have any sort of clue whats good and whats garbage, but noticed, that you dont have a review on that one, are you planning on it? I like to contribute on the forums Im on, but consider a secondary review necessary, if you have one already in the works.?

BTW: shame that the 5224 has non-functioning GMT, that was the main reason I didnt get it a while back. Im hoping some manufacturer can figure that one out, otherwise its really bloody close and nice.

Hey mate. Thanks. I haven't planned a review on the RM035-02. The reason is that there has been written a lot on this piece. We're talking hundreds of comments in a thread. So i haven't found it so needed.

The 5524G and the 5975R are the only "non-functional" watches in my arsenal. But i have so many other watches (also a gen functional gmt/world-timer), so i don't really need every watch to be functional.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Then I'll pick something that hasnt been so extensively covered! :)
I know you have a lot of stuff, so do I, but I have the urge to only collect pieces that are functional 100%. Its a deformation from gen I guess :D

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Then I'll pick something that hasnt been so extensively covered! :)
I know you have a lot of stuff, so do I, but I have the urge to only collect pieces that are functional 100%. Its a deformation from gen I guess :D

Fair enough mate :) it’s an individual call what to want from a rep.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
New CF strap - Dark brown matte.

Billede-02-03-2020-12-43-40.jpg

Billede-02-03-2020-12-43-43.jpg

Billede-02-03-2020-12-43-51.jpg

Billede-02-03-2020-12-41-29.jpg

Last edited:

Hacin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/1/20
I love your VCs. Your reviews and posts on them really got me interested and i'm going to be buying one. Your straps are also super nice, ill have to pick up extra ones to have more options.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Those are the little tweaks that make a difference between the regular rep collector and the connoisseur ;)

It is always refreshing to see someone putting even more enthusiasm into models that already require a certain amount of special love in the first place.

At the same time it is kind of sad that our chinese friends don‘t put more of the same love into those bespoken references - i am sure it would raise some peoples attention to the classy understated part of haute horlogerie and the rep counterparts.

... maybe a nice datograph one day...

enjoy your the beauty on your wrist, sir!

Last edited:
Reactions: srhoque

semperfi55

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/18
UK
Inspirational thread indeed jm_brc_7057

I might emulate your format and do one over on RWG!

It's impressive that the 5205G Annual calendar is 40mm case. I'm tempted

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Those are the little tweaks that make a difference between the regular rep collector and the connoisseur ;)

It is always refreshing to see someone putting even more enthusiasm into models that already require a certain amount of special love in the first place.

At the same time it is kind of sad that our chinese friends don‘t put more of the same love into those bespoken references - i am sure it would raise some peoples attention to the classy understated part of haute horlogerie and the rep counterparts.

... maybe a nice datograph one day...

enjoy your the beauty on your wrist, sir!

Thanks mate! Kind of you to say! This one has become my favourite. It's a really lovely watch. And with the mods it's just so nice now.

You are absolutely right. We could hope for that.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia

Joshikousei

Looking Around
18/3/20
Austria/Japan
I've been reading through your threads and i just wanted to say that i genuinely appreciate your posts and the time you've put into making them. You've got a gorgeous collection and your strap choice really reflects that you care for your watches. Thanks!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I've been reading through your threads and i just wanted to say that i genuinely appreciate your posts and the time you've put into making them. You've got a gorgeous collection and your strap choice really reflects that you care for your watches. Thanks!

Thanks mate! I appreciate you've used your first post to compliment my reviews :D

shaw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/20
South Korea
Thank you so much for another amazing thread. And your watch collection is gorgeous. I love your classic taste and there are few pieces that I want in my watch box too that are PP 5205G, PP 5070P, PP 5975R. Can you please tell me from which factory and TD you got these watches as I couldn't find PP 5070P and PP 5975R on many TD websites. Do these reps come with this PP clasp (with logo) or you bought them separately? Also, I really love PP 5170J, did you find this model any where?