• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe and friends (VC, A. Lange & Söhne, Breguet & Richard Mille) - an inspirational thread

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
always learning something new in the conversations with you, really appreciate that.
did you buy the watch without papers? you can also tell me via PM if you dont want to make this information public.
also what details did you check before you made the purchase? AP is kinda new for me, for rolex I know what to look for. and by being heavily involved in the discussion regarding the 5167A i feel like i know every detail about the rep vs. gen comparsion :D
The VC doesn’t have papers, it’s an old watch. I’m therefore acquiring the extract from the archives. The AP has original papers.

I was kind of confident though because the AP came with the original papers. Also the dealer is important. If it’s a good trustable dealer or not. Many German dealers check the authenticity and give a certificate of authenticity from their own shop. I bought it from one of those. And it’s a perpetual calendar. You will know if it’s not genuine. The movement can’t be repped. Also the case is very slim and you can check that the measurements are correct. Also finishing of hands, markers and the dial you can check. The printing on the dial has to be sharp and crisp. Logo font has to be correct. You can ask the dealer if everything is in original condition, sometimes there I service history, mostly not. You can ask if the dial has been restored or is in original condition. You can ask for more pictures and video too.
I wasn’t worried about the AP.

Also when buying within EU you have the right to return within 14 days. So there is plenty of time to check the watch.

Last edited:

inGloM0de

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/21
Philadelphia, PA
Great post and an even better collection! Nice to see a collection full of very uncommon watches. How long have you been collecting for? I might have just fell in love with that Patek Porter edition. Absolutely beautiful watch. The Patek Annual Calendar also caught my eye. Does the date function run smoothly over time? Have you ran into any problems specifically of it falling behind or needing to reservice the watch? The date being the font was a major turnnoff for me but I see there's new versions so I'll be sure to take a look.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Great post and an even better collection! Nice to see a collection full of very uncommon watches. How long have you been collecting for? I might have just fell in love with that Patek Porter edition. Absolutely beautiful watch. The Patek Annual Calendar also caught my eye. Does the date function run smoothly over time? Have you ran into any problems specifically of it falling behind or needing to reservice the watch? The date being the font was a major turnnoff for me but I see there's new versions so I'll be sure to take a look.

Thanks buddy. I suggest you read my review on the annual calendar. That will answer your questions:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...tek-philippe-5205g-013-annual-calendar-review

The porter version i have also reviewed:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...zulejos”-062-enamel-watch-the-art-of-eternity

Enjoy the read :)

Johnluuda

Supporter
Certified
8/5/21
Hello, do you have the V1 or V2 of GRF 5205G? could you please tell the differences between V1 and V2?

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
JM
Where can I purchase a 5170 rep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk