• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe and friends (VC, A. Lange & Söhne, Breguet & Richard Mille) - an inspirational thread

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Hey buddy, I see nearly all your straps are on a tang buckle. To my knowledge, don't they wear (your especially expensive) straps more than do the deployant clasps?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Hey buddy, I see nearly all your straps are on a tang buckle. To my knowledge, don't they wear (your especially expensive) straps more than do the deployant clasps?

Good question buddy. It's true. A deployant is more mild to the strap. But it's actually only the shiny one's it applies to in my experience. I have only got the 5089 and 5296 with pin buckle on a shiny strap. The other shiny straps are on deployants.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Good question buddy. It's true. A deployant is more mild to the strap. But it's actually only the shiny one's it applies to in my experience. I have only got the 5089 and 5296 with pin buckle on a shiny strap. The other shiny straps are on deployants.

I think I just found your counterpart on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tum1UcXKvEM

I do have a Lange rep coming. When it comes, I will probably grab some gen Lange strap off the Bay.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
What new version? I bought the one review by Major: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...15-manual-wind

I think this is the new version as the old version is larger and has most of the "6" uncovered by the subdial, unless you were referring to the Tourbillon version

This one is older. The one with the uncovered “6” is newer and is much better in quality, movement and finishing. But only major flaw of it is that the 6 is more uncovered. But if you look at the gen. The numerals are thinner like this version, yours have too thick numerals. Also the sub dial has different peripheral track.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
This one is older. The one with the uncovered “6” is newer and is much better in quality, movement and finishing. But only major flaw of it is that the 6 is more uncovered. But if you look at the gen. The numerals are thinner like this version, yours have too thick numerals. Also the sub dial has different peripheral track.

Thanks for the infro. I actually asked for the uncovered "6" first and was told it is discontinued.

This version I bought is made by MK and earlier. And the uncovered "6" version seems to be released later (in 2018). It is odd to see the newer version got discontinued but old one still going.

Besides the font thickness difference you pointed out, another difference I found is their subdial texture:
I believe the gen subdial has texture but much finer - neither the two rep versions successfully captured that

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Thanks for the infro. I actually asked for the uncovered "6" first and was told it is discontinued.

This version I bought is made by MK and earlier. And the uncovered "6" version seems to be released later (in 2018). It is odd to see the newer version got discontinued but old one still going.

Besides the font thickness difference you pointed out, another difference I found is their subdial texture:
I believe the gen subdial has texture but much finer - neither the two rep versions successfully captured that

You are right. But the texture on the gen is a bit more like the new version with uncovered 6.

yeah that’s pretty weird. Maybe this TD can’t get it. I don’t know if you asked others.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
You are right. But the texture on the gen is a bit more like the new version with uncovered 6.

yeah that’s pretty weird. Maybe this TD can’t get it. I don’t know if you asked others.

The old one uses clone 2825-2 movement (clone 2824 with small seconds), while the TD simply says the new one uses "asian 23J movement manual wind" and also a gen-like 9mm thickness. While this thickness is probably wrong, the asian 23J movement can refer to a lot of (cheap) movements, possibly the same 2825-2 25J movement or some other manual wind movement. The new one in stainless steel is priced at $238 and the old one comes in only rose gold for 288.

I asked both Ryan and Andrew and got no's from both. Andrew told me that factory called and told the new version has been discontinued

edit: also the new one's subdial hand seems much nicer looking

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
If any one is interested i am selling the 5205 with the double alligator shiny black CF strap:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...lligator-strap

Over the next weeks i will be selling (in this order):

- Patek 5227 black dial on a burgundy round scale CF strap

- Patek 5070P: Modded with genuine top wesselton SSI 0,2 ct diamond in case at 6 (exactly like platinum Patek watches), and it has a Prof's 2xAR-coated crystal, and chrono hand is painted white. It's on a azure blue (blue-green) CF strap styled after i saw it on A Collected Man.

- maybe i will be selling my RM 35-02 ZF version with custom grey velcro strap. It has a red and black crown guard.

- maybe i will be selling my Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Tourbillon RG on a shiny hazelnut brown strap also

It's just that if you have intensions to buy it from a TD, please keep an eye on M2M.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
The old one uses clone 2825-2 movement (clone 2824 with small seconds), while the TD simply says the new one uses "asian 23J movement manual wind" and also a gen-like 9mm thickness. While this thickness is probably wrong, the asian 23J movement can refer to a lot of (cheap) movements, possibly the same 2825-2 25J movement or some other manual wind movement. The new one in stainless steel is priced at $238 and the old one comes in only rose gold for 288.

I asked both Ryan and Andrew and got no's from both. Andrew told me that factory called and told the new version has been discontinued

edit: also the new one's subdial hand seems much nicer looking

Yeah okay. Then in conclusion it's probably true that it is really discontinued. I reckon the reason is they didn't have much success with it. Which is highly likely. And not a surprise. The subdial was placed totally wrong and it's a very visible flaw.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Hello everyone.

Just wanted to share this latest update to my rep collection. I just received this Velcro strap from smp_lover. Before this I was considering to sell my RM because the rep strap is stiff, uncomfortable and sits bad on the wrist. This one really changed not only the look of the watch but is also much more comfortable and really hugs the wrist.

you be the judge:

Rolly123

17/11/18
Hello everyone.

Just wanted to share this latest update to my rep collection. I just received this Velcro strap from smp_lover. Before this I was considering to sell my RM because the rep strap is stiff, uncomfortable and sits bad on the wrist. This one really changed not only the look of the watch but is also much more comfortable and really hugs the wrist.

you be the judge:

Man that's a beast of a watch vs your usual collection! Can knock someone out with that thing!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
You into stainless steel bracelet sport watch at all besides your PPF?

It's a very good question. To answer that i'll have to explain my collecting strategy.
I'm not is the short answer though. I'm not a Rolex fan, i've had a Hulk rep before, and some AP reps, and they're not something for me either.

I have a limit of how many watches i can own (agreement with my wife and because i get confused if i have too many watches).

So for me it's about having watches in different categories, like type of watch (sports, skeleton, pilot, dresswatch etc), dial/case color etc. And most importantly complication type.
I like the 5711 because it's a "elegant sportswatch", very thin. So it makes it unnecessary for me to have other bracelet sportswatches in my collection.

If i want to wear something sporty i wear the 5711 rep, the rm 03502 rep or my gen pilot watch or a gen steel chronograph.

I've found out that it's possible to build a nice collection from affordable gens. And if you do so wisely, you can collect pieces that would at least maintain value, rise or not loose significantly in the future. At the same time enjoying the watches and complications. I love complications and that is difficult to get in the rep world, because of movement limitations. But some of the reps that are unobtainable gens i'll probably keep in my collection. Like a tourbillon, a RM rep, a 5711 rep and probably also the enamel Patek.

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
It's a very good question. To answer that i'll have to explain my collecting strategy.
I'm not is the short answer though. I'm not a Rolex fan, i've had a Hulk rep before, and some AP reps, and they're not something for me either.

I have a limit of how many watches i can own (agreement with my wife and because i get confused if i have too many watches).

So for me it's about having watches in different categories, like type of watch (sports, skeleton, pilot, dresswatch etc), dial/case color etc. And most importantly complication type.
I like the 5711 because it's a "elegant sportswatch", very thin. So it makes it unnecessary for me to have other bracelet sportswatches in my collection.

If i want to wear something sporty i wear the 5711 rep, the rm 03502 rep or my gen pilot watch or a gen steel chronograph.

I've found out that it's possible to build a nice collection from affordable gens. And if you do so wisely, you can collect pieces that would at least maintain value, rise or not loose significantly in the future. At the same time enjoying the watches and complications. I love complications and that is difficult to get in the rep world, because of movement limitations. But some of the reps that are unobtainable gens i'll probably keep in my collection. Like a tourbillon, a RM rep, a 5711 rep and probably also the enamel Patek.

Thanks for these words.

I found my collection strategy similar in some way. Instead of having watches in all categories, I have been aiming to acquire grails first and then see which category my grails will fit in. For example, the Patek 5711 can fit into the category of blue + white (SS) dress watch and blue + white SS sport watch. Now that I have these two (rep) watches, I would not consider anymore watches in the said categories, such as a white or blue Rolex datejust. My other grail is the datograph, where I think I will have to go gen, and it falls into the category of black dial leather dress watch and black dial leather sports watch, and black dial/reverse panda chrono. Even I have yet to work my way towards the datograph, I would not acquire any watch in the datograph's categories I don't buy alternatives to any of my grails. With this said, my recent purchase with the JLC white moon is justified because I need a white dial dress watch and don't really have a grail in this category, besides the ZF JLC thin moon is a super rep.

I am not yet into having multiple watches in my disposal, because I know ultimately if the watch I am wearing is not my grail, I know the grail will beat it in some way to me.