• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe and friends (VC, A. Lange & Söhne, Breguet & Richard Mille) - an inspirational thread

Rolly123

17/11/18
... Can't stay at those prices for long. Too many collectors nowadays :)

Totally agree with you, hence my purchase!

They have some lovely platinum case and salmon dial versions that used to be for sale (but you can still admire) on A Collected Man's website.

I went for a rose gold version

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Totally agree with you, hence my purchase!

They have some lovely platinum case and salmon dial versions that used to be for sale (but you can still admire) on A Collected Man's website.

I went for a rose gold version

Yeah. I love the WG and P but none were for sale. And also they are a lot more expensive as they are more rare.

You were lucky to get your hands on a RG. They are rare
too.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Also got a AP clasp (gold plated) from eBay for it:

IMG-7874.jpg

IMG-7877.jpg

IMG-7878.jpg

IMG-7871.jpg

Wow congrats on such a great timepiece!!! What's funny is I was considering one of these too for a while myself, but I think I like the calendar disc a bit too much haha. This will be a great watch for many many years. The strap choice is excellent too.

I've always told myself when I go gen I'm going to get a complication that the rep factories just can't get right. I've got a Grand Seiko GMT quartz, which really is something to behold, but yeah when I make the next bracket jump, it would be something like what you've got.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Wow congrats on such a great timepiece!!! What's funny is I was considering one of these too for a while myself, but I think I like the calendar disc a bit too much haha. This will be a great watch for many many years. The strap choice is excellent too.

I've always told myself when I go gen I'm going to get a complication that the rep factories just can't get right. I've got a Grand Seiko GMT quartz, which really is something to behold, but yeah when I make the next bracket jump, it would be something like what you've got.

Thanks for the compliment buddy. I appreciate it. I hope so. It should be a good investment too. People are getting their eyes up for it. At the moment they can be obtained for ridiculous prices. Other than the perpetual calendar it has a fantastic lacquered dial and the finishing is incredible.

I like the strap a lot too. Actually I bought it just to try how it would look or put it on some other watch. But it’s just so nice and give the watch a more modern look to it. So I kept it that way.

I have the same thought. If I buy gen I want something that can’t be repped. Otherwise it doesn’t make much sense.
Off course some will say the argument is that you can make money if you get a sports Rolex or Patek at retail. But it takes buying much unwanted stuff too to get there.
And also I love complications. I bought the Mont Blanc Of the same reason, because it’s a world timer.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Wow! I am officially envious. That's the kind of time piece you hang on and handover to the next generation. Including all the stories that comes along with it. Enjoy mate. Wear it with pride and in good health.

Thanks mate. Nice to hear. It truly is remarkable. And the previous owner looked after it. You can see it almost looks new. Age isn’t taking it’s toll on it. I’ll keep the services on it to keep it in good condition. It deserves it.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Revisiting this thread. Needing a super rep to put on a good leather strap that will satisfy me.

Maybe a Patek Calatrava 5296R? It comes closest to a super rep on the wrist as a dress watch. Or there is the Jaeger LeCoultre Ultra Thin Moon.

You can check the forums Super rep list.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
So people. I just ordered this. I wanted to update the thread here, because it can be relevant for folks here, even It's a gen. Because it's priced reasonably. It has a case made by none other than Voutilainen, a salmon dial with guilloche pattern, thermally blued hands, thermally blued applied breguet numerals, and an applied minute track. For this you would probably think a 5 digit price, which it isn't. You can check the review by Monochrome Watches, link below.

Ophion-OPH-786-Velos-Accessible-High-End-Watch-review-6.jpg

Ophion-OPH-786-Velos-Accessible-High-End-Watch-review-17.jpg

https://monochrome-watches.com/ophion-oph-786-velos-accessible-high-end-watch-review-price/

Will udpate and give my thoughts once i receive it.

Rolly123

17/11/18
So people. I just ordered this. I wanted to update the thread here, because it can be relevant for folks here, even It's a gen. Because it's priced reasonably. It has a case made by none other than Voutilainen, a salmon dial with guilloche pattern, thermally blued hands, thermally blued applied breguet numerals, and an applied minute track. For this you would probably think a 5 digit price, which it isn't. You can check the review by Monochrome Watches, link below.

https://monochrome-watches.com/ophion-oph-786-velos-accessible-high-end-watch-review-price/

That is a stunner! Guilloche dial, breguet numerals and salmon dial - literally perfection. Really Intrigued to see your review!

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18

Great choice. I've read that review myself some days ago and am strongly considering to buy. Leaning twards the blue dial version though.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Great choice. I've read that review myself some days ago and am strongly considering to buy. Leaning twards the blue dial version though.

Interesting mate! I would certainly update you when i get mine. The thing is i checked with Ophion. They've produced two watches before. Both got pretty good reception in the watch community. Both models are out of stock (not produced any more). And you can't find them anywhere on Chrono24 or Ebay. Now they've released a new model. And in a sense their watches are always limited, as they have a short production run. They only have the capacity for producing a small amount of watches. They would sell out and later be replaced by a new model. With the good review in MW and all these factors i reckon that they'll rise in the future.

The blue dial is also sexy! :D

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
Interesting mate! I would certainly update you when i get mine. The thing is i checked with Ophion. They've produced two watches before. Both got pretty good reception in the watch community. Both models are out of stock (not produced any more). And you can't find them anywhere on Chrono24 or Ebay. Now they've released a new model. And in a sense their watches are always limited, as they have a short production run. They only have the capacity for producing a small amount of watches. They would sell out and later be replaced by a new model. With the good review in MW and all these factors i reckon that they'll rise in the future.

The blue dial is also sexy! :D

True. I'm almost certain by the time you receive yours they will be sold out. I like the salmon dial a lot but with the blue numerals/hands there are too many different colors for my taste. The blue version is much straighter in that regard. That said all versions are great looking and even greater value.