• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 white dial franken

Thejcz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/2/19
Hello,
i went through some threads and i couldnt find a solid answer... i may be wrong no need to stress about it
im looking to build a 5711 franken with a gen dial
i wanted to know what are the mods i need to do and who makes them to have the "perfect" franken
as i said i have a gen white 5711 dial that im looking to use
so please let me know
thank you!!

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Use the PF as the base watch. The mods needed are:
- Thin case to gen spec
- Polish case, bracelet to get gen-like looks
- silence the Miyota rotor
- drill PF case to fit gen dial feet locations

My personal advice is - Sell the gen white dial and get the PPF white dial/hands. The PPF is amazingly close to gen white. It will also cost much lower than what a gen dial would fetch.
Below is a picture of my watch with above mods:
mvNUX.jpg

Last edited:

srhoque

28/11/18
- Thin case to gen spec

My personal advice is - Sell the gen white dial and get the PPF white dial/hands. The PPF is amazingly close to gen white. It will also cost much lower than what a gen dial would fetch.
mvNUX.jpg

Should have mentioned earlier...one more mod is keylog/spongebob DW if you are going with PPF dial.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
- Thin case to gen spec

mvNUX.jpg

ppf dials are close but if you can get a GEN dial for under $2000 it's worth it. You'd have a franken of a $70,000 watch which not many people own

srhoque

28/11/18
ppf dials are close but if you can get a GEN dial for under $2000 it's worth it. You'd have a franken of a $70,000 watch which not many people own

Makes sense but hard to get gen under 2k. The main issue with 5711 is that - to reduce the awkwardness of being “called out” or to fit in properly, we should wear rep watches that we can afford the gen for. Else you become a suspect :) The 5711 can only be worn if you belong to the “circle”, are a big shot celebrity or if you are a C-level executive. At current level prices and the 10year waitlist, it’s not a watch for everyone. So in my mind whether you build a franken with a gen dial or go with PPF dial is a mute point. If you are wearing the watch for your personal satisfaction, go for it. But if you are wearing the watch for a bit of showing, we all need to be careful LOL.

My 2 cents...

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Makes sense but hard to get gen under 2k. The main issue with 5711 is that - to reduce the awkwardness of being “called out” or to fit in properly, we should wear rep watches that we can afford the gen for. Else you become a suspect :) The 5711 can only be worn if you belong to the “circle”, are a big shot celebrity or if you are a C-level executive. At current level prices and the 10year waitlist, it’s not a watch for everyone. So in my mind whether you build a franken with a gen dial or go with PPF dial is a mute point. If you are wearing the watch for your personal satisfaction, go for it. But if you are wearing the watch for a bit of showing, we all need to be careful LOL.

My 2 cents...

You're correct but you never know

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
I have a franken and have owned two gen dials before selling one. One was $1.4k and the other $1.1k. It makes the watch, PF case,bracelet and a gen dial with Keylog date mod you have a $70k watch that unless you look at the caseback that can't be differentiated for around $1.5k. As good as the PPF dial is, it does have its flaws when beside a gen dial, esp the date window

gianttg

Renowned Member
11/4/15
buy ppf v3 end of the line

that it no one know on the wrist

even on hand no gen to compare

they will not know either

have a good day

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13

My 2 cents...

Oh dear ! I respectfully am in extreme disagreement...

Op just be yourself !!! Wear what you like , don’t care about what people think or not, enjoy your watch for yourself ....

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
- Thin case to gen spec

mvNUX.jpg

May I ask you who did your modding please ?

Blue Ocean

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/12/17
I have a franken and have owned two gen dials before selling one. One was $1.4k and the other $1.1k. It makes the watch, PF case,bracelet and a gen dial with Keylog date mod you have a $70k watch that unless you look at the caseback that can't be differentiated for around $1.5k. As good as the PPF dial is, it does have its flaws when beside a gen dial, esp the date window

Thanks for your input. I am about to work on a franken with gen white dial. Do you think that ppf hands would make a difference ?

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Thanks for your input. I am about to work on a franken with gen white dial. Do you think that ppf hands would make a difference ?

I have PPF hands - good enough despite looking grey rather than the sharp black of the gen markers but never ever seen gen hands for sale

srhoque

28/11/18
I have PPF hands - good enough despite looking grey rather than the sharp black of the gen markers but never ever seen gen hands for sale

Even if you have gen hands, it needs to be modded to fit Miyota 9015. Go with PPF hands (look at the picture I have posted above).

Countess Koscowicz

1/1/20
UK
congrats on finding a gen pp dial! I think any additional gen mods or tweaks will make a great rep - unless you’re in circles where you happen to be around a lot of pp it’s incrddibly unlikely you’ll ever have it next to gen - I’m around a lot of high end watches - vintage gmt, skydwellers, ap’s, vc etc but to this day I’ve come across only one pp. post some pics once your mods are complete ! :)

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18

I found gen hands once but for a blue dial, good price too but my good friend talked me out of it since it was unknown if it would mount on the miyota clone 324. Also message me if you want to see how your dial turned out in my Franken