• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

If you're buying an aquanaut today...

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
AFAIK the date transition is gradual in a similar way to the Gen. The precise time of the change a simple matter of hand position and easy to move. The movement is a clone with some small differences. Looks like the main spring arbor is slightly different, one or two un jewelled pinions. But pretty much as close as it gets. Looking forward to getting a hands on examination when mine arrives.

I think our argument is more or less settled and the OP can decide for himself what he prefers.

For the sake of precision regarding the date change:

- Gen: starts around 11.45
- 3K: starts around 11
- Miyota: starts around 11

So I would say in that regard both Miyota and 3K clone are equally different from gen.

Last edited:

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
I think our argument is more or less settled and the OP can decide for himself what he prefers.

For the sake of precision regarding the date change:

- Gen: starts around 11.45
- 3K: starts around 11
- Miyota: starts around 11

So I would say in that regard both Miyota and 3K clone are equally different from gen.

When a date change activates is pretty much irrelevant. This is simply about the position of the hands on the cannon pinion.

What is salient is the time passage between activation and settlement to the new date.

My belief is that considering the immense similarity between the 324sc and the 3k clone, this time lapse is likely to be about the same.

But more will be known when we see some reviews, including the one I will write when the watch arrives.

Difference between the 324 , Miyota and PP movement are not in any way dependent upon when the change begins, it is the overall time lapse which defines.

If you want to be convinced that a dressed up 9015 is equal to a clone of the 324 SC, that is up to you. Reality however, has a way of prevailing.

A great deal of money and effort was put into creating a clone. This is because the Miyota 9015 will always be a poor imitation of the 324 SC as well as being too fat to fit in a case of the right proportions.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
When a date change activates is pretty much irrelevant. This is simply about the position of the hands on the cannon pinion.

What is salient is the time passage between activation and settlement to the new date.

My belief is that considering the immense similarity between the 324sc and the 3k clone, this time lapse is likely to be about the same.

But more will be known when we see some reviews, including the one I will write when the watch arrives.

Difference between the 324 , Miyota and PP movement are not in any way dependent upon when the change begins, it is the overall time lapse which defines.

If you want to be convinced that a dressed up 9015 is equal to a clone of the 324 SC, that is up to you. Reality however, has a way of prevailing.

A great deal of money and effort was put into creating a clone. This is because the Miyota 9015 will always be a poor imitation of the 324 SC as well as being too fat to fit in a case of the right proportions.

This !

Reactions: timnic54

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK

Yep, basically agree with everything here!!!

Anyone can adjust their own watch to complete the date change bang on midnight just by waiting for the change and then removing and replacing the hands onto the cannon lined up at 12:00!

DC

Reactions: timnic54

Donatello89

Horology Curious
1/2/20
Every time i email a TD i get little to no contact. Hoping someone could recommend one whos easy to deal with. Thanks in advance

Donatello89

Horology Curious
1/2/20
I think his inbox my be full. If not coulf you send me the email
you contact them on and i will try from
different email adress. Thanks

Tobel

6/7/17
I think his inbox my be full. If not coulf you send me the email
you contact them on and i will try from
different email adress. Thanks

Don't send them a message on this forum, send them an email. Go to the Trusted dealers section here and you'll find all contact details

bombina

Known Member
17/8/15
Easy, 3K Aquanaut is the best overall version on the market. Has the correct case shape/thickness, clone PP cal 324 movement, correct crown positioning, better dial and markers. ZF has the better date and possibly rubber strap.

srhoque

28/11/18
Can anyone recommend a td who supplies brilliant version of the 3k?

Any TD on this forum should be able to get you the “brilliant” version. Check out the trusted dealers section and chose your favorite. BTW, good choice on the 3k