• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Aquanaut QC from TD

JvanniMan123

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
19/2/19
Just got QC from the 3K Aquanaut I ordered for a fellow RWI member at a discount through a TD. Very beautiful and the crisp 7 that I hoped for is present! Another very positive note, the movement as you can see is NOT faded. Thankfully it seems PureTime only had a prototype.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Congrats !!! Would you be able to post real life pics once you receive it please ? Cheers ;)

Reactions: betterbezel

JvanniMan123

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
19/2/19
Congrats !!! Would you be able to post real life pics once you receive it please ? Cheers ;)

Not going to me going to a fellow member, but I think he probably would :) Although these are "real life" pictures technically speaking.

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
That date should be centred. Other than that looks great. The real 324 suffers from a sticking date wheel issue, hopefully these clones aren’t the same.

Reactions: vcappp

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Laser engraved?;) Maybe. Seriously though, 3KF will have to engrave this movement if they want to sell it at the price they want, sales will suffer if they don't. The consensus so far favors an engraved movement over a printed one. Current movements available that cost far less are engraved so why not engrave this one as well. Debris free (clean) movements can be had with prior engraving and cleaning prior to assembly, bypassing so called "regulations" which are nonexistent in the rep industry.

JvanniMan123

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
19/2/19
Laser engraved?;) Maybe. Seriously though, 3KF will have to engrave this movement if they want to sell it at the price they want, sales will suffer if they don't. The consensus so far favors an engraved movement over a printed one. Current movements available that cost far less are engraved so why not engrave this one as well. Debris free (clean) movements can be had with prior engraving and cleaning prior to assembly, bypassing so called "regulations" which are nonexistent in the rep industry.

Look I can barely find a flaw with it (picture-wise) therefore I kinda get that they needed to fix something for V2 V3 etc . So theyll probably engrave it shittily next and for V3 engrave it well.

irvin

21/9/15
SG
They deserve the credits on that dial too, the dial texture looks very awesome and no 5 marker flaw, I think they nailed it. All that’s left will be a custom datewheel from Spongebob/Keylog’s team and it’ll be perfect.

The caseback flaws to be honest...just like any other reps with open caseback that doesn’t hit NWBIG, if you’re not trying to fool someone that it’s a gen then it’s really abysmal and icing on the cake. We wear the watch on the wrist and not with the caseback on the front.

ArcAngelRay

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/18
Asia
The dial look great from the photos online and as mentioned no 5'o clock flaw.

Shall be following closely for the sharing and updates to decide the purchase