• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PF Datewheel Mod on PPF Nautilus

Blaithin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/19
So I just got my PPF nautilus and it's pretty great except that it has a really bad additonal date wheel flaw. The datewheel is aligned I a way that the numbers are justified way upwards on the date window so what ends up happening is that 2 digit numbers for the next day jut out below like a sore thumb. I would've let all the regular flaws slide, but this one is a bit too big of a flaw to just let it slide.

Really not the best option, but unless there's someone willing to sell their keylog ppf datewheel. It's been suggested in the datewheel thread that the pf datewheel mod be used in its place with the caveat that it needs to be centered properly by a skilled modder.

So if there are any of you who have experience on what to do. Should I do a complete replacement or can I get someone to realign the default datewheel.

I'd also like to kindly ask for some of your advice on how the pf datewheel ended up fitting and how it looks on your ppf (pictures are appreciated).

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
So I just got my PPF nautilus and it's pretty great except that it has a really bad additonal date wheel flaw. The datewheel is aligned I a way that the numbers are justified way upwards on the date window so what ends up happening is that 2 digit numbers for the next day jut out below like a sore thumb. I would've let all the regular flaws slide, but this one is a bit too big of a flaw to just let it slide.

Really not the best option, but unless there's someone willing to sell their keylog ppf datewheel. It's been suggested in the datewheel thread that the pf datewheel mod be used in its place with the caveat that it needs to be centered properly by a skilled modder.

So if there are any of you who have experience on what to do. Should I do a complete replacement or can I get someone to realign the default datewheel.

I'd also like to kindly ask for some of your advice on how the pf datewheel ended up fitting and how it looks on your ppf (pictures are appreciated).

Look for Mr.Marbella's thread, PF/PPF Hybrid Mod, it has pictures and information that you'll find useful.

Reactions: Blaithin

Blaithin

6/8/19
Thanks a lot! I didn't think to check that thread for this kind of info (a bit stupid of me tbh).

Blaithin

6/8/19
For those in a similar situation:

Mr Marbella said this over someone with a similar situation (PPF dial pf dwo):

"Dont worry, Pf dwo will fit perfectly fine. All numbers will be centered."

So I'm probably gonna end up buying the of datewheel since there's a highly skilled watchsmith based near me.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
If it's a vertical alignment issue then you may not even need a new datewheel. If you have a good modder just ask them if them can realign the one you have. Worst case if they can't you can always buy a custom datewheel.

BTW there is both a PF datewheel and a PPF datewheel. I haven't really followed the debate but check which one you need to buy if you end up needing one

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
If it's a vertical alignment issue then you may not even need a new datewheel. If you have a good modder just ask them if them can realign the one you have. Worst case if they can't you can always buy a custom datewheel.

BTW there is both a PF datewheel and a PPF datewheel. I haven't really followed the debate but check which one you need to buy if you end up needing one

In case you haven't heard the PPF DWO is out of stock and there are no plans to make any more.