• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPF Nautilus V3

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
"Important improvements" is a very relative motion. The v3 does not address what is collectively considered the 2 main flaws, which are the bezel being too wide and the crown sticking out too much. The movement remains a miyota, it's just a little nicer but is still far from resembling a PP 324.

+1

otabaru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/18
I finally received my V3 with a beautiful white dial, it was shipped days before the virus outbreak.
The watch is really nice but the bracelet clasp is too stiff, it´s hard to open it, I need to pull both sides of the clasp with care to not break it.
How are yours?
Is there any solution to minimize this problem?
Regards,
Jose

Tobel

6/7/17
I finally received my V3 with a beautiful white dial, it was shipped days before the virus outbreak.
The watch is really nice but the bracelet clasp is too stiff, it´s hard to open it, I need to pull both sides of the clasp with care to not break it.
How are yours?
Regards,
Jose

M'y v1 was the same. Gets a little better after using it for a while. I'm sure that working a bit on the clasp may help loosen it, but be careful not to overdo it, as a clasp that is too loose is worse than one that is too stiff. My PF clasp opens by itself when my wrist pushes on it

JBrandon86

Horology Curious
6/1/17
Has anyone else noticed on the V3 PPF Nautilus that the date wheel is just slightly left of the box? Seems to be the case on every pic / video I have seen on TDs (Trusty, Puretime, etc.)...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

otabaru

7/3/18
Has anyone else noticed on the V3 PPF Nautilus that the date wheel is just slightly left of the box? Seems to be the case on every pic / video I have seen on TDs (Trusty, Puretime, etc.)...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Yes, mine too, but it´s not so noticeable on real life use.
I already knew that the DW would need a replacement to be perfectly centered, but unfortunately the forum member that sold them don´t make it anymore, and all the ones for the PPF are sold out... :(

Makoto

29/2/20
How are yours?
Regards,
Jose

Any pics of your watch by chance ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Yes, mine too, but it´s not so noticeable on real life use.
I already knew that the DW would need a replacement to be perfectly centered, but unfortunately the forum member that sold them don´t make it anymore, and all the ones for the PPF are sold out... :(

Some members have used the PF DW for their PPF dial. There is a thread with pictures that show this, you'll just have to look for it.

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
Yeah. Until PPF fix their problems I am probably just gonna keep my current modded PF. Eventually I'mma just grab the PPF dial to replace it I guess.

FourthLetter

14/5/18
Just approved my QC from Li (JTime) and its losing around 8s per day. Is that bad? Should I get it serviced when it arrives?

Other than that, it looks amazing. Can’t wait for it to arrive!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
8 seconds +/- a day is pretty good. COSC standards are -4 to +6 a day. I've accepted watches with +15 seconds a day. Some are easy to adjust and others not so easy. I've never tried to adjust my 5711 but it's around +4 seconds a day on my timegrapher. Also I was once informed that if the TD did not wind the watch fully that can change the reading.

Reactions: FourthLetter

FourthLetter

14/5/18
8 seconds +/- a day is pretty good. COSC standards are -4 to +6 a day. I've accepted watches with +15 seconds a day. Some are easy to adjust and others not so easy. I've never tried to adjust my 5711 but it's around +4 seconds a day on my timegrapher. Also I was once informed that if the TD did not wind the watch fully that can change the reading.

Good to know. I’ll give it a good wind when it comes in. From what I’ve read the miyota is a solid movement so hopefully I can wear it right away.

FourthLetter

14/5/18
Just arrived today. Watch looks and feels amazing. Definitely feels higher quality than my noob sub (feels more solid if that makes sense)

Actually, it feels a bit TOO solid. It almost feels impossible to open the clasp when taking it on and off. I feel like I struggle each time to deploy the clasp. Is that normal with this version? Should I do anything to make it easier to put in and take off?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
That's normal for the clasp. It will get better with time and taking it on and off. Did you wind it and check it on the timegrapgher?

FourthLetter

14/5/18
That's normal for the clasp. It will get better with time and taking it on and off. Did you wind it and check it on the timegrapgher?

i dont own a timegrapher (just looked them up on amazon and I may order one soon), but i did give it a really good wind.

I’ll keep an eye on it over the next few days and compare how well its keeping time against a quartz watch I have.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
So, are all PPF V3's datehweels slanted to the left? Or is it possible to get one with centered date in QC?

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
So, are all PPF V3's datehweels slanted to the left? Or is it possible to get one with centered date in QC?

No they are not. Only some batches. This blue is perfectly centred:

4ef905d732630124a07f5975d98fb489.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Duckber