• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPF Nautilus V3

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I don't speak Chinese bit the guy spends most of the video showing the movement so I suspect they have worked on that. Unfortunately, seems like the 2 main flaws - bezel and protruding crown - are left unchanged from V2. Disappointed :(

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
I don't speak Chinese bit the guy spends most of the video showing the movement so I suspect they have worked on that. Unfortunately, seems like the 2 main flaws - bezel and protruding crown - are left unchanged from V2. Disappointed :(

Yep, seems they just updated the decoration of the movement.

Reactions: J.B.Thomas

fettersack111

Known Member
13/1/19
Germany
Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate a pretty movement but HOW CAN YOU NOT UPDATE the two big flaws FIRST?? It would be such an amazing watch otherwise :/

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Updated movement more close to or even clone the movement that’s basically what’s the video was saying. But the clasp is also updated. That’s all the video was about.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
With new replica PP 5711 model(s) arriving soon with the new 324 SC clone movement, brand new sales of the current models from MKF, PF, PPF and others equipped with the Miyota 9015 movement will drop.

Reactions: vcappp

lolo1972sg

Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
With new replica PP 5711 model(s) arriving soon with the new 324 SC clone movement, brand new sales of the current models from MKF, PF, PPF and others equipped with the Miyota 9015 movement will drop.

Well, it might take 6 months or so from now

otabaru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/18
I have an order with a TD of a white dial PPF 5711, but the first two ones were RL, dials were too misaligned to the right.
Now they replied that it is out of stock and expect new ones to arrive next week, hope it will be a V3 now.

Tobel

6/7/17
I have an order with a TD of a white dial PPF 5711, but the first two ones were RL, dials were too misaligned to the right.
Now they replied that it is out of stock and expect new ones to arrive next week, hope it will be a V3 now.

There is no info of a v3 white so far. The only thing we've seen is a video of a v3 blue, but it's not even listed on TD's websites

kevBquick

9/10/18

better request your TD hold off until the v3 is released. there is noone showing one. so your chances of them just getting a v3 are pretty slim.
if your request to change to a v3...your definitely going to wait as it is not out yet. but take whatever updates you can. it may be more $$$
with the more updated movement more likely.

otabaru

7/3/18
Thanks for the advice!
If the QC photos shows a nice one this time, with dial properly aligned and a decent centered DW, I'll keep it.
Also, I've already asked for the blue dial if they can't find a good white one. For some reason most of the blue dials looks better fitted than the white dials, maybe different factories or just a different batch... So, I'm not sure if they will show me a blue or white this time.
The movement decoration does not bother me, since it´s still a Myota, easy to fix or even swap completely.
Although I wish it was an ETA based caliber, that I would swap immediately to a gen Omega automatic chronometer with identical dimensions.

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17
better request your TD hold off until the v3 is released. there is noone showing one. so your chances of them just getting a v3 are pretty slim.
if your request to change to a v3...your definitely going to wait as it is not out yet. but take whatever updates you can. it may be more $$$
with the more updated movement more likely.

As I said the only V3 that I have seen so far is a blue dial, just like there was no V2 white. Before putting an order on hold, are you even sure that there is a white V3 upcoming?

otabaru

7/3/18
As I said the only V3 that I have seen so far is a blue dial, just like there was no V2 white. Before putting an order on hold, are you even sure that there is a white V3 upcoming?

No, I just guessed that if they asked to wait until a new stock arrives, that should be another version, but maybe it will just come with the same misaligned dial again...