• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPF Nautilus V3

Mello

Horology Curious
4/1/20
London
Where can I see this review? Thanks

Found this on Susans review. Is this really the only change between v2 and v3?

PPV-Nautilus-V3-vs-V2.jpg

otabaru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/18
Not much of a review for this one but might be useful to others.

http://www.susanreviews.com/2020/01/03/the-v3-edition-of-ppf-nautilus-published/

Thank You!
I checked the QC photos of the first two watches that I RL'd last month and confirmed that the one I GL'd now is really a V3, with white dial. :)
Also, only now I could notice that the movement photos of the first one that was RL'd didn'd show the fake screw in the center of the balance wheel bridge !!! Who knows where it was, maybe loosen inside the movement.... :eek:

Reactions: Mello and Merphious

Mello

Horology Curious
4/1/20
London
Thank You!
I checked the QC photos of the first two watches that I RL'd last month and confirmed that the one I GL'd now is really a V3, with white dial. :)
Also, only now I could notice that the movement photos of the first one that was RL'd didn'd show the fake screw in the center of the balance wheel bridge !!! Who knows where it was, maybe loosen inside the movement.... :eek:

How did you confirm that it was indeed v3?

I just ordered the blue v3, waiting for QC

otabaru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/18
How did you confirm that it was indeed v3?

I just ordered the blue v3, waiting for QC

It's easy, most QC comes with one or more photos showing the movement. If not, just ask your TD to send you some.
Then just compare your QC photos with those above in the Philippe.rwi post.
The difference in size of the screw cap on the automatic winder is more subtle, but the other two highlighted are very easy to notice and confirm you have a V3.

Reactions: Mello

webby48

Known Member
8/11/19
Anyone know why these factories keep releasing a Gray dial 5711? As far as I know, that's fantasy, right?

Reactions: FourthLetter

Mello

Horology Curious
4/1/20
London
Thank You!

Did you get it yet? :D

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Thinner bezel? Crown still looks bad.

The bezel looks more proportional and much thinner than the prior iterations . Agreed they crown still looks bad. It might just be me, but the DW font looks better too — a bit more thicker.

Reactions: gilrob and XLR8R

Merphious

Horology Curious
26/12/19
Australia
I have one, however my datewheel spring has already broken so will need to pay a few hundred AUD to have it serviced. Very annoying!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I don't think anyone has actually confirmed that the bezel is thinner on the V3 than the V2. The crown is still protruding too far out. In the videos they do not talk about the bezel being thinner either.

Does anyone have a V2 and V3 that they could measure and compare?

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
I don't think anyone has actually confirmed that the bezel is thinner on the V3 than the V2. The crown is still protruding too far out. In the videos they do not talk about the bezel being thinner either.

Does anyone have a V2 and V3 that they could measure and compare?

I agree with you on this. Just look at the listings on InTime and Puretime. On PureTime it looks thinner; whereas on InTime it looks as thick as it did with the V1 and V2 versions. The DW does look better though (thicker). We won't know until someone who bought a v3 shares photos or measures the bezel.

Merphious

Horology Curious
26/12/19
Australia
The only thing changed on the V3 is the movement decorations thats it, i was in Shenzhen and Guanzhou recently where I got my v3 and spoke to a few people.

gilrob I got it from Shenzhen on the 28th December, I am sure if I was back in Shenzhen it would be fixed replaced but not worth the hassle of sending it back etc, ill just get it fixed.

Reactions: Mello